Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 04:21 PM

14 posts, read 27,807 times

Advertisements

stoneofrefuge,
Yes we plan to move from rockdale someday, and yes Thorndale is a very good town to raise a family in, but until then I will keep folks that are planning to move to rockdale informed about the ways of this town so they wouldn't make the expensive mistake we did... MOVE HERE!!! I find your attitude about the suicides as cold hearted in nature as the rest of some these people around here! Its not about how long ago its happened, its to make sure it doesn't happen again. I will say this, you are right the "ole ways" will collapse this town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 02:34 PM

42 posts, read 83,811 times
I often wonder about the city structure of the small town of Rockdale. Remember, I used to live there. I am glad I moved out when I did. People wanted to prod their noses into my business. Businesses are generally friendly when they want to be. I never will believe the business owners there. I cannot and will not trust anyone living there. What is wrong with the teens? I know O'Kelly and some of them streets are called snob hills. I just found that out the other day. I did some servicing for some people. I noticed one of their children was acting snooty to me. I was giving her some advice. She looked at me with a get out of here look. I never will forget that as long I live.

Now, Banks are nice to have around town. This is if they are the interest of Rockdale. Alcoa used to be king, Now Wal mart has taken that spot. you can walk in and buy stuff so cheap. By the time you get your use out of it, it already fell apart. Nothing last a long time. I know by the time people retire from the company of Alcoa, they pass on. This is the truth, whole truth, nothing but the truth.

I want to relocate to a peaceful town in Texas. I do not know where to go. I need to know if Temple is okay. Last I been there. I gotten poor treatment from the doctors. This is unbearable.

This is all I have to say here.

I hope all have heed the warnings and good advices from TX_sweetheart. She has alot of valuable inputs.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:05 PM

Just to let you know, you do not hear alot about suicides in Thorndale. you do hear alot about police raids on convenience stores, maybe a persuit by an officer. Occassionally will see a police car pull over a speeder or two. Other than that, the town is nice. I personally know some places where you can get delicious food of your choice. If you were to relocate to Thorndale, then go to China One buffet. They have delicious chinese cuisines. Last time I took myself and another person costed me under 15 bux on lunch time buffet. Then again, in small town of Thorndale, you got one cafe that is really good on their food. Then if you are in the mood for bbq, Try's Thorndale Meat Market, they have all kinds of barbeque, They also sell pretty good meat like sausage patties and double grounded beef to almost get all the fat out of it. I highly recommend getting the business to Thorndale Meat. I have not had any issues with their service. The owner is well known and respected. Of course, there is a Dollar General, that is a wal mart in Thorndale. You get pretty much needy supplies there. Then you got Steve's Cash store, they are pretty good in their service. Everyone pretty much knows everyone. You can pretty much get things in Taylor. They have more variety than Rockdale. What is in Rockdale? 3 to 4 Mexican Restraunts, 1 or 2 chinese restaurant, 2 or 3 bbq shacks. Poor boy bbq, its okay, Potatoe salad is good enough to tolerate. 6 to 10 convenience stores. I would highly recommend Cefco because of their 24 hour service. This town is okay, people need to change their ways. From the school kids to the Parents to the City council. We need to get more business to fly into our towns to jump start the economy. but you know how it is. I hope I can help you out on your plans to relocate. If you do relocate to Rockdale, just keep to yourself, you will be fine. pay your bills, pay your utilities, stick to yourself. Trust no one, because everyone is to themselves. No one is a friend, Remember this when you think about relocating there.

Just a little bit of help and advice for others to be on the look out. I hope this helps.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wussdale View Post
If you are looking for a nice family oriented town with good schools, good, fair police department, a place you can call home, good neighbors that will help you in time of need. DON'T

I have graduated from Thorndale, I have taken what I have learned in the top school by the TEA, I am still smart, Praise Jesus in Heaven for a school who won awards by the state. The teachers in the TISD made the difference. I would think twice about sending my kids to Rockdale School.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdale supporter View Post
Rockdale is such a good town. Those of you who have responded so negatively, I am sorry for you. We have good people, and this is a good town. We have had so many benefits for people in need, there are so many people who care and this is a good town. Maybe if you get involved in the town your opinion would change. It's not really your community until you get involved.

If Rockdale is such a good town, Then tell us why we have suicides in the school system. The principal puts No bullying policy in effect on paper, but does not openly enforces it. What do you call that? Oh Rockdale is a good town, Just mingle with the bad people that comes with it. There is a time where you will say that Rockdale is a greatest place, You will start saying different. Rockdale is not disable friendly. I personally will say it out loud here. Many deaf and disabled, Look elsewheres when you want to live in a small town to work at a small store or something of the nature. I am going to give you a good piece of advice, Do not listen to the locals there. They spew out lies, they also have drug problem there. Check this out, I have noticed this. I noticed people going to churches on a Sunday, then coming inside a store unchanged. What is it? going to church in vain? or just trying to please everyone else? or just apostacy.

you think on this one very hard.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:35 PM

Stonerefuge, Its just a plain and simple way to put on a pseude. I'm not saying there isn't a few good folks in Rockdale, probably transplants from another town and didnt know what they were moving into. Rockdale will never change. We may hear about big changes but its only going to cost the rockdale folks in property taxes. We didnt need a new school, we don't need a new baseball or football field either. This is a small town trying to keep up with the jone's at any cost. Now they want to take away 911. That is the most stupidest thing I ever have heard. That is what we need to put money toward, among other things, is making the emergency system better so authorities can answer emergency calls more effectively. To me and I'm probably wrong but doesn't a human life mean more than stupid sports!? I just don't understand the reasoning in how rockdale officals think. Another thing, rockdale water sucks, I mean I turn on the tap and it looks like Pee! Shouldn't money be put toward bettering our water system. Pay good money for yellow-brown water.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:29 PM

What is the city of rockdale thinking by increasing the tax rate???? This is a small town. Wake up! Alcoa is no longer operating, folks can't afford any tax increases. rockdale will be turned into a ghost town, if the city officials think raising taxes will bring people in and keep folks living here they are sorely mistaken. I have had 4 good friends leave because there is nothing here, no jobs and nothing else worth staying for. Instead of trying to bring in jobs and help the rockdale economy, raise taxes make it harder on folks living here. Nothing in this town will ever change. Mark my word this town will become a ghost town.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
What is the city of rockdale thinking by increasing the tax rate???? This is a small town. Wake up! Alcoa is no longer operating, folks can't afford any tax increases. rockdale will be turned into a ghost town, if the city officials think raising taxes will bring people in and keep folks living here they are sorely mistaken. I have had 4 good friends leave because there is nothing here, no jobs and nothing else worth staying for. Instead of trying to bring in jobs and help the rockdale economy, raise taxes make it harder on folks living here. Nothing in this town will ever change. Mark my word this town will become a ghost town.

This is one of the main reasons that Rockdale will implode on itself. snobs run amongst themselves. When they get older, beauty doesn't really shine. Innocent kids they mistreated, when they see them. The (ones who mistreated, bullied, terrorized) will get cold shoulders from the victims. Oh, Just wait. Karma is so powerful that it pays back in ways You and I cannot see. I have seen it with my real eyes. I hope and pray you get to move in peace to a new place here in Thorndale. I have to say that chili cookoff and other fun times out by the fireman's hall and VFW. If you are looking for a nice place out in the country. Try to find some land going for 2000 an acre. Then you can breathe a sight of relief.

StoneofRefuge

Old 10-04-2010, 12:57 PM

If there is any one that wants to see some of the stories that is being written about the fine town of rockdale,tx. Go to City-data and type in rockdale tx

Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
If there is any one that wants to see some of the stories that is being written about the fine town of rockdale,tx. Go to City-data and type in rockdale tx

Will do,

Thanks Wuss
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas