Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 11:02 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,551,536 times

Advertisements

Hey Happy, Thank You!

It did not show a lot, but I suppose that might mean there is not a lot to be had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 01:46 PM

27 posts, read 147,135 times
i started this thread back in oct 2006 just before i moved into my house i bought in rockdale.......and i have lived here for a year and a 1/2 now and all that negative stuff i read about rockdale was just not true!!!!!!.........what a nice little city this turned out to be, i just love it!!!i i love everything about it!!!and the people are really friendly and great!!!....i guess some folks just get negative thoughts on places that are completely unfounded!!....and, boy, did i ever sell my house in calif just in the nick of time , before it before calif real estate took a big dive in prices....the house i sold in calif went down over $121,000 since i sold it...wow, was i lucky to get out when i did....and the house i bought in rockdale actually went up a little...anyway i just thought i'd give a quick post to say how nice living rockdale worked out to be for me...I LOVE THIS PLACE....unlike calif, you don't hear sirens very much at all and you never hear a police helicopter...it's so nice, quite, & peacefull here...and my dogs just love going for a hour walk every day in the woods beside my neighborhood.........."BUYACAR"

Old 09-03-2008, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 4,585 times
I went to Rockdale Junior High for 6th and 7th grades (forty years ago). My father's work for ALCOA only kept us there for the two years. It was not an easy two years. The kids were kids and the biggest strikes against me were: 1) coming from Indiana (so I was a "yankee"), 2) not knowing what an "aggie" or a "longhorn" was (so I was an "ignoramus") and 3) not being athletic (I played trombone in the band so I was a "band *****"). Perhaps the same issues an 11 year old might run into anywhere in small town Texas. My greatest disappointments however were with some of the adults in that school system (particularly the principal) who appeared completely detached from the feelings or developmental needs of their students. I never felt safe in the school environment.

I am absolutely grieved as I've become acquainted with Corinne's story. Especially when I figured out this happened in the same school system I went to. And recognizing that the comments from tx_transplant on this blog are made by her mom is just really small world stuff. I just previewed a video last week that contained her story. I was absolutely blown away. It is hard to wrap my mind around the depth of cruelty students were allowed to sink in their treatment of you daughter. These days I am an administrator at a private Christian school and no matter where you go you run into bullying - no one's exempt. The difference in how this plays out in a school community depends on the responsible actions of parents, teachers and school administrators (and I'd include church youth group leaders). I hope Rockdale will not bury its head in the sand and just believe these things will go away or take care of themselves on their own. If we don't learn from our lessons we are doomed to repeat them. You have to pro-actively address the culture of the school community which allows such things to occur.

My prayer is that your story will touch parents and school communities so that what happened to Corinne will not be allowed to happen to others. That video I previewed is available to and shown in public and private schools across Texas and, hopefully, the nation. One of the most impactful productions I've ever seen. Corinne's story will change lives (Ge 50:20). We have a showing planned at our school in December. Thank you for sharing her story and its call to arms for people to stop being complacent. I look forward your book coming out and you can be sure our Library will carry a copy of it.

Last edited by tigernomore; 09-03-2008 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-03-2008, 10:34 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,385,807 times
both hospitals in Temple "stink"? huh?
i am a Registered Nurse in the area, and have heard good things about both Scott & White and Kings Daughter.
i work with several nurses who have worked at both facilities.
i cant see how S&W can stink-it's a Level I Trauma Center, complete with research, all specialties and subspecialties, it is world renowned!

Old 09-15-2008, 12:26 PM

25 posts, read 107,526 times
Default Just some thoughts

My first few postings on this thread were written from a smart mouthed, light hearted, poke fun at our problems kind of view point. Some people got that, and others didn’t, even though subsequent post stated that in big bold letters. Just like a few weeks back Ann wrote an article in the newspaper about her experience as a Marine, and got completely bashed for its light hearted, superficial, juvenile tone.

Rockdale has issues, just like many other places. Issues that are mostly swept under the rug, but if they were dealt with, real change could happen that would benefit the people living here and the people wanting to move here. New blood, new perspectives, new people will be the one’s to shoulder most of the change needed. How can that happen when most folks turn a blind eye?

As for my comment about Temple Hospitals, I was almost killed by one and my family member suffered needlessly by the other. I suffer from long term effects from the lack of appropriate treatment, and will for the rest of my life. My specific case was not that unusual, however the treatment I received for my injuries would not have been handled that way by any other treatment center. Hopefully, most people won’t have the same experience. It’s up to each person to evaluate things for themselves, I was just offering my opinion based on my personal experience.

I have worked in nursing facilities in the county and have seen first hand how the resident’s are treated. Think things like that aren’t happening? Then I challenge each and every one of you to work the night shift at any of the nursing homes in the county. Then really see what you think. If you plan on putting a family me member there, work there as a CNA, try the third shift, first shift. See for your self’s what’s really going on, before you rely on word of mouth or long held beliefs about this facility is better than that one. The choice of hospitals is no different. Look at the past and what has been done to overcome obstacles, evaluate it for your self. Ask for a morbidality report.

Raise children in the school system, and see what the outcome is first hand. How many really go on to college and successful careers? What percentage of a graduating class, actually have incomes over 35,000 a year? One might say that doesn’t matter. Well, does it? Is raising five children on minimum wage really acceptable? If it’s not, then why are their many families doing just that in Rockdale? What are the contributing factor’s that are leading to this kind of life? And what can be done to address it and save future children and adults from this kind of poverty?

Take for instance, the new high school. Yes it’s great the community is investing in technology and other things to give our children a better education. But who’s bright idea was it to spend millions renovating the school land locked in a residential neighborhood? What opportunities exist for future growth and expansion for subsequent generations? What options are they going to have when they are faced with updating and growth? Why didn’t that money go to building a school with land, room to grow and development of a community hub with parks, and shops?

Take for instance another family member of mine, High school education only, (typical for Rockdale), and working at the hospital for minimum wage. What hope does he have of a better life for him and his children? What hope does he have of being anything other than what has always been? Compare that to another family member who has a master degree, what opportunity does Rockdale offer him in terms of a job? Is there any real benefit in Rockdale of having a degree? So if there is no benefit, then how do you encourage a child to go onto college, which might mean that with a college degree they will have to pursue employment elsewhere and leave the small town they have grown up in? What legacy are we leaving our children with? One that values higher education and the income that comes with it, or work for poverty level wages and do the best you can?

One might be left wondering is a degree necessary in today’s society? Most places other than Rockdale, a bachelor’s degree barely qualifies a person for entry level work. The youth’s that do not go onto college, where do they end up? How many children do they have as a single mother? Or how many first marriages end in divorce? How is our education system and structure responsible and how can it be changed to better the opportunities for our children?

What are your goals as a parent raising children? Do you want them to grow up and become successful adults? If so, then how do you purpose doing so? Is the education provided by Rockdale sufficient to get your goals met? Does an education in Rockdale tip the scales in your favor of having your particular child go onto college and a better life, or do you expect your child to repeat your pattern of education?

Our current culture in Rockdale, is a reality of poverty for most, a few will go to the big company on the edge of town, but most will find work where they can and for whatever is being offered unless they drive out of town and seek employment in a bigger city and then Rockdale becomes a bed room community for these people. And the cycle repeats.

On the other hand, Rockdale is a retirement community for a lot of people. You have heard it in this thread over and over again, a GREAT PLACE TO RETIRE. Then I challenge you to ask the hard questions, what does someone on a fixed retirement income really bring to the table of the community? How are they helping to better and change the community for future generations, is there any opportunity for them to help?
Are their any volunteer programs they can participate in? Are their any organizations they can become a part of that really dig into the heart of Rockdale’s issues.

So ask yourself what is it about poverty that makes Rockdale what it is? How does it affect our community? Is it really an issue, or is it perfectly normal, to work for minimum wage for thirty years, raise a family, and retire?

Most metro cities are passing laws, and ordinances left and right to shut down the gentleman’s clubs, and heavily regulate the one’s they can’t. The attitude I have heard most often about the issue is, “Hey cool” “about time”. HELLO people, wake up. Has anyone even begun to think how that will change Rockdale? Has anyone really looked at WHY metro cities are trying to shut them down? Crime, drugs, sexual perversion, underage workers, the list goes on and on and on. Yeah Rockdale recently passed some sort of document about it, but how many of you even know what was passed? Do we know how our community leaders feel about it?

Why don’t we start with passing a law that you will find in almost every other city/town in America…. That registered sex offender’s can not live or work within miles of a school. Let’s try that one first.

Am I the only one who is SERIOUSLY disturbed that a REGISTERED REPEAT sex offender is allowed to live across from the elementary school, with a full view of the play ground from their yard?

Does that bother any one else? Does that bother any one who's child walks to school? If not it should, and if it does we all need to stand up and do something about it.

This should NOT be allowed to happen!!! But it does happen, all over Rockdale. So you really think when a gentleman's club brings in untold crime, drugs and all sorts of other things, that your children will be protected from it's effects???

Let’s address our current situation with drugs first, let’s address our current situation of crime first. Before we slap happily support an industry that will tax even the most sophisticated town that has laws in place, to help curb what comes with this type of industry.

But like a moth to a flame we run towards it, with out protection in place, preventive measures in place, to even begin to deal with the wave of filth that will most surely come with such a business. Maybe not at first, but it will eventually lead to problems Rockdale is not ready to face and compound the one’s that already exist.

The answer too many questions, can be answered by looking at the “social culture” of Rockdale.

We all need to really think about things, what change we want to see happen and why, and then let us all figure out how to better things for everyone who call's this place home.

As for me, I don't want my children bullied in the school, I don't want them exposed to drugs, I don't want them to only have a highschool education and try to raise a family in this town on minimum wage and think thats normal. I want a better life for them and for all our children. and without change, they will never be able to fullfill a better life for themselves here in Rockdale.

Choosing to live here, and raise a family here, shouldn't mean subjecting your children to drugs, bulling, the notion that highschool education is all you need, and so many other things.

I would love to see the day when all of our children raised here, would go on to get a college degree and be able to come right back home to work, and raise their family. I would love the day when the entire graduating class of 2015, come back to Rockdale with a degree in hand and be able to work and live without subjecting themselves to a life of poverty.

Until that day happens, we need to keep fixing things

I want to say thanks to Corrine's mom for all she is doing! Corrine’s mother is very outspoken about the issue of bulling, but I challenge you all, can you name other suicide victims in Rockdale that were directly due to bullying? I can think of four off the top of my head in the past 16 years.

What about Ben? My sister watched him daily being harassed, bullied, and tormented by his peers. She and other’s went to the people in charged and begged for help for him. He was peed on, stuffed in dumpsters, so many things that ultimately led to his suicide. Even if it was suicide which has never been definatley proven at least to those who loved and cared about him.

Just the simple fact that Corrine got a tree planted in her memory, and nothing like that was done for Ben. What does that say about Rockdale? Did he not deserve to be memorialized because his issue was different?

How about attempted suicide? How many of those has Rockdale had? What is the long term effect’s of those persons? How does that contribute to Rockdale’s culture?

Last edited by Tx_Sweetheart; 09-15-2008 at 12:47 PM..

Old 09-27-2008, 05:36 PM

2 posts, read 9,020 times
Default Everything TX_sweatheart says is true

Howdy everyone

everything Tx_sweatheart says is true here. I found out myself that some of the Doctors here in Town don;t really care for the patients. Rockdale is full of smart mouthed individuals who loves stirring up trouble. Police will not answer your calls for help. Basically you are on your own when it comes to security. Expect no mercy from the locals who live here. Also expect when trying to re-locate here, high rent prices, The rent prices for some apartments being runned by foreigners will be soo high that it will take HUD to shut 'em down. Some of the Apartments are covered with mold along with violated city codes that needs serious enforcing. I moved from another town where the codes are strict. Rockdale is most dirtiest and has more problems related to pollution along with noises. Be careful who you come into contact with. Not everyone will be your friend. Remember this.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 9,020 times
Everything about the posts are true. I have seen them myself. I am not part of any circles, I have found myself rejected for assistance I dire needed. You will have to remember that "Once Branded, always branded, No one will forget the negative thoughts about any person. Whether it be true or lies, If the population believes the lies, then it becomes truth to them, Its hard to be nice to snobs who loves to hurt others when they have not done a thing to a soul. As far bullying is concerned, I have seen quite a bit of it myself. Instead of Rockdale, try moving to Thorndale, They have the top rated school system in the State. That is where I graduated from back in the '90s. I am one of the top spellers who can actually type a decent sentence. There is plenty of land for sale in Thorndale, Try looking at some nice quiet lots there. I have seen some open farm, fields with nice quiet atmosphere with birds singing. I lived there for a long time. When I moved to Rockdale, I have given up peace for rackets. Google Thorndale and see for yourself. They have won state championships back to back in Basketball. This was recently back in '07-'08 School year. Football team is wonderful, they have good teachers as well as good faculty. Try them out before relocating to Rockdale.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:18 PM

25 posts, read 107,526 times
Default It's who you are, who you know, and who your related too

known drug dealer with multiple arrest. Son-inlaw of x police cheif and sherrif robbed drug dealers, for shorting him on his load of drugs and his take of the profits, robbed them at gun point with bullets. Bond 3,500

Daughter of local businessman two counts of possession of a controlled substance, 3 to 28 grams and 4 to 28 grams. Bond 5,000

Well to do citizen gets drunk at local lake, drives home drunk on his motorcycle with a passenger (woman was well to do business person herself and wife to another well to do) has a wreck, kills woman because he was driving drunk on a motorcycle. Vehicular Manslaughter. No jail time, released after posting bond. Bond 2,500

No body Mexican American married to a white woman for twenty years. Has a little to much to drink and threatens to beat the crap outta her. Never touched her mind you, just mouthed off. Gets arrested, and charged with
AGGRAVATED ASSAULT Bond 75,000 yes that's right 75,000 dollars.

And you people on here tell me that I am wrong? Sure.... and people wonder why we have such a bad drug problem in this town. I can get caught for drugs and it's no biggie, but threaten my wife and wham 75,ooo dollar bond.

As citizens of this dear ol town, we all should be outraged. But were not, we sit complacently by and say nothing. Not only is our justice system screwed there is nothing to stop any registered sex offender from living across the street from our schools.

We had two suicides close togeather. One gets a tree planted in her memory and the other is left to become a memory.

And no body says nothing.

Now that the big company on the edge of town has bailed, why would any one want to invest in our town? You think buisness people don't sit back and read our newspapers, and pay attention to police blotters? What does that say about Rockdale that a drug dealer can get arrested for armed robbery, and have bail at 2,500. you can kill someone and bond out for a little more. But threaten your wife and your gonna pay 75,000? Yeah says a lot of positives about this place.

and can someone tell me why for goodness sakes we need SIX rv parks in town right off the main road????????????

Old 12-09-2008, 03:29 PM

6 posts, read 28,895 times
Default TX_Sweetheart, I must correct you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx_Sweetheart View Post
My first few postings on this thread were written from a smart mouthed, light hearted, poke fun at our problems kind of view point. Some people got that, and others didn’t, even though subsequent post stated that in big bold letters. Just like a few weeks back Ann wrote an article in the newspaper about her experience as a Marine, and got completely bashed for its light hearted, superficial, juvenile tone.

Rockdale has issues, just like many other places. Issues that are mostly swept under the rug, but if they were dealt with, real change could happen that would benefit the people living here and the people wanting to move here. New blood, new perspectives, new people will be the one’s to shoulder most of the change needed. How can that happen when most folks turn a blind eye?

As for my comment about Temple Hospitals, I was almost killed by one and my family member suffered needlessly by the other. I suffer from long term effects from the lack of appropriate treatment, and will for the rest of my life. My specific case was not that unusual, however the treatment I received for my injuries would not have been handled that way by any other treatment center. Hopefully, most people won’t have the same experience. It’s up to each person to evaluate things for themselves, I was just offering my opinion based on my personal experience.

I have worked in nursing facilities in the county and have seen first hand how the resident’s are treated. Think things like that aren’t happening? Then I challenge each and every one of you to work the night shift at any of the nursing homes in the county. Then really see what you think. If you plan on putting a family me member there, work there as a CNA, try the third shift, first shift. See for your self’s what’s really going on, before you rely on word of mouth or long held beliefs about this facility is better than that one. The choice of hospitals is no different. Look at the past and what has been done to overcome obstacles, evaluate it for your self. Ask for a morbidality report.

Raise children in the school system, and see what the outcome is first hand. How many really go on to college and successful careers? What percentage of a graduating class, actually have incomes over 35,000 a year? One might say that doesn’t matter. Well, does it? Is raising five children on minimum wage really acceptable? If it’s not, then why are their many families doing just that in Rockdale? What are the contributing factor’s that are leading to this kind of life? And what can be done to address it and save future children and adults from this kind of poverty?

Take for instance, the new high school. Yes it’s great the community is investing in technology and other things to give our children a better education. But who’s bright idea was it to spend millions renovating the school land locked in a residential neighborhood? What opportunities exist for future growth and expansion for subsequent generations? What options are they going to have when they are faced with updating and growth? Why didn’t that money go to building a school with land, room to grow and development of a community hub with parks, and shops?

Take for instance another family member of mine, High school education only, (typical for Rockdale), and working at the hospital for minimum wage. What hope does he have of a better life for him and his children? What hope does he have of being anything other than what has always been? Compare that to another family member who has a master degree, what opportunity does Rockdale offer him in terms of a job? Is there any real benefit in Rockdale of having a degree? So if there is no benefit, then how do you encourage a child to go onto college, which might mean that with a college degree they will have to pursue employment elsewhere and leave the small town they have grown up in? What legacy are we leaving our children with? One that values higher education and the income that comes with it, or work for poverty level wages and do the best you can?

One might be left wondering is a degree necessary in today’s society? Most places other than Rockdale, a bachelor’s degree barely qualifies a person for entry level work. The youth’s that do not go onto college, where do they end up? How many children do they have as a single mother? Or how many first marriages end in divorce? How is our education system and structure responsible and how can it be changed to better the opportunities for our children?

What are your goals as a parent raising children? Do you want them to grow up and become successful adults? If so, then how do you purpose doing so? Is the education provided by Rockdale sufficient to get your goals met? Does an education in Rockdale tip the scales in your favor of having your particular child go onto college and a better life, or do you expect your child to repeat your pattern of education?

Our current culture in Rockdale, is a reality of poverty for most, a few will go to the big company on the edge of town, but most will find work where they can and for whatever is being offered unless they drive out of town and seek employment in a bigger city and then Rockdale becomes a bed room community for these people. And the cycle repeats.

On the other hand, Rockdale is a retirement community for a lot of people. You have heard it in this thread over and over again, a GREAT PLACE TO RETIRE. Then I challenge you to ask the hard questions, what does someone on a fixed retirement income really bring to the table of the community? How are they helping to better and change the community for future generations, is there any opportunity for them to help?
Are their any volunteer programs they can participate in? Are their any organizations they can become a part of that really dig into the heart of Rockdale’s issues.

So ask yourself what is it about poverty that makes Rockdale what it is? How does it affect our community? Is it really an issue, or is it perfectly normal, to work for minimum wage for thirty years, raise a family, and retire?

Most metro cities are passing laws, and ordinances left and right to shut down the gentleman’s clubs, and heavily regulate the one’s they can’t. The attitude I have heard most often about the issue is, “Hey cool” “about time”. HELLO people, wake up. Has anyone even begun to think how that will change Rockdale? Has anyone really looked at WHY metro cities are trying to shut them down? Crime, drugs, sexual perversion, underage workers, the list goes on and on and on. Yeah Rockdale recently passed some sort of document about it, but how many of you even know what was passed? Do we know how our community leaders feel about it?

Why don’t we start with passing a law that you will find in almost every other city/town in America…. That registered sex offender’s can not live or work within miles of a school. Let’s try that one first.

Am I the only one who is SERIOUSLY disturbed that a REGISTERED REPEAT sex offender is allowed to live across from the elementary school, with a full view of the play ground from their yard?

Does that bother any one else? Does that bother any one who's child walks to school? If not it should, and if it does we all need to stand up and do something about it.

This should NOT be allowed to happen!!! But it does happen, all over Rockdale. So you really think when a gentleman's club brings in untold crime, drugs and all sorts of other things, that your children will be protected from it's effects???

Let’s address our current situation with drugs first, let’s address our current situation of crime first. Before we slap happily support an industry that will tax even the most sophisticated town that has laws in place, to help curb what comes with this type of industry.

But like a moth to a flame we run towards it, with out protection in place, preventive measures in place, to even begin to deal with the wave of filth that will most surely come with such a business. Maybe not at first, but it will eventually lead to problems Rockdale is not ready to face and compound the one’s that already exist.

The answer too many questions, can be answered by looking at the “social culture” of Rockdale.

We all need to really think about things, what change we want to see happen and why, and then let us all figure out how to better things for everyone who call's this place home.

As for me, I don't want my children bullied in the school, I don't want them exposed to drugs, I don't want them to only have a highschool education and try to raise a family in this town on minimum wage and think thats normal. I want a better life for them and for all our children. and without change, they will never be able to fullfill a better life for themselves here in Rockdale.

Choosing to live here, and raise a family here, shouldn't mean subjecting your children to drugs, bulling, the notion that highschool education is all you need, and so many other things.

I would love to see the day when all of our children raised here, would go on to get a college degree and be able to come right back home to work, and raise their family. I would love the day when the entire graduating class of 2015, come back to Rockdale with a degree in hand and be able to work and live without subjecting themselves to a life of poverty.

Until that day happens, we need to keep fixing things

I want to say thanks to Corrine's mom for all she is doing! Corrine’s mother is very outspoken about the issue of bulling, but I challenge you all, can you name other suicide victims in Rockdale that were directly due to bullying? I can think of four off the top of my head in the past 16 years.

What about Ben? My sister watched him daily being harassed, bullied, and tormented by his peers. She and other’s went to the people in charged and begged for help for him. He was peed on, stuffed in dumpsters, so many things that ultimately led to his suicide. Even if it was suicide which has never been definatley proven at least to those who loved and cared about him.

Just the simple fact that Corrine got a tree planted in her memory, and nothing like that was done for Ben. What does that say about Rockdale? Did he not deserve to be memorialized because his issue was different?

How about attempted suicide? How many of those has Rockdale had? What is the long term effect’s of those persons? How does that contribute to Rockdale’s culture?

The tree that was planted for Corinne, was done by her friends and NO ONE else. The administration of the Junior High fought them every step of the way. I want to clarify that in NO way is that tree a school sponsored memorial. I would not have agreed to that at all. The treatment our family recieved from the school, the administrators and counselors at Rockdale Junior High in the days following Corinne's suicide was unimaginable. I am sure it was the same treatment that Ben's family experienced. The reason that you still hear about Corinne is because I refuse to be silent. Corinne and Ben were the same, children, that had a right to an education and safety, the school let them both down equally.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,238 times
Here's some funny Rockdale scenarios that played out in the last year:

The principal of the high school has an orientation and jokingly wears the kind of clothes that don't go along with the dress code. The pic was so cute it was in the paper-he was dressed like a black kid.

The chamber of commerce set up a thing called "local hero" in the local paper to promote the town bigot who owns a flower shop because a new flower shop opened up. This feature was set up under the guise of celebrating people who've done something good . But it's simply a way the head of the chamber uses everyones dues to give the bigot's flower shop a free ad every week. The week after Obama was elected, the local hero that was chosen was the towns biggest flag waving KKK loving bigot. And the next week his son was featured as the local hero. The reason: "They speak their mind." That was referring to letter after letter they wrote to the local paper professing their bigotry and hatred-and the paper printed every one.

The chamber of commerce finally decided to have a logo and slogan competition. It was won by two high school girls from another county. Here's the slogan with actual punctuation: Rockdale, small town. BIG IDEAS

The chamber of commerce actually organized a prayer meeting at the closed down alcoa plant to pray for its rusted hulk.

And still no one will do anything to get rid of the Chamber of Commerce leader who makes 25k a year to run Meadowbrook Baptist Church from her office. And every week prints a column in the paper telling everyone to believe in God or else.

And so it goes. Anyone else know a small town that's any different?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas