Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 03:33 PM

298 posts, read 416,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
... what part of Dallas do they live in?

Anyway, as much as I would like to move more and more out of Dallas' shadow, it ain't gonna happen. It will always be DFW, not D & FW.
Just south of Mountain Creek. It's a small part separated by most of Dallas by undeveloped land and I 20/ spur 408. It usually gets ignored by the rest of the city, even though that's where most of the single family home construction is, and one of the only places in the city of Dallas where middle class families are moving to.

Most of the students there goes to Duncanville Isd, since that area feeds in Duncanville ISD, which is probably why Duncanville has a lot of students.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 03:43 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,565,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
The suburbs of DFW are almost entirely North/South as opposed to East/West. Suburban DFW (minus the cities between the two) about 3/4 north of Dallas and Fort Worth.
True. I'm not sure about west of ft worth but I know they're suburbs to the east of Dallas.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:46 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
True. I'm not sure about west of ft worth but I know they're suburbs to the east of Dallas.
Yeah, but the suburbs fade quickly after you leave Dallas to the east. But if youre driving north of Dallas, you have to go 30 miles before youre out of the burbs.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:30 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
Like peterlemonjello said above me, the Census Bureau divides metros based on commuting patterns if I am not mistaken. DFW is simply too interwoven to split. You could split by county lines, but that would be simply to weird to th residents that live there.

My family, for instance. Even though we live the the city of Dallas, we still have to go to Tarrant County to get our groceries. In fact, the store we go to is in both Tarrant and Dallas county.

Final response, it's not going to happen.
Hey I'm kinda confused. So is your grocery store in Grand Prairie?

Old 09-24-2013, 08:46 PM

298 posts, read 416,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Hey I'm kinda confused. So is your grocery store in Grand Prairie?
Yes. To be more specific the walmart.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:28 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
It is, but remember, there are cities on the Fort Worth side of the Metroplex in Tarrant county that really belong with Dallas based on commuting patterns. That's why the Dallas side would be larger than 4.2 million if Fort Worth didn't exist.
"If" Fort Worth didn't exist.

I hate to break it to you, but Fort Worth was established as a city before Dallas was...7 years prior to be exact.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
The suburbs of DFW are almost entirely North/South as opposed to East/West. Suburban DFW (minus the cities between the two) about 3/4 north of Dallas and Fort Worth.
That's strange, I could've sworn Dallas' major suburbs like Garland, Mesquite, Grand Prairie, Irving, Rockwall, Rowlett, Forney, & Terrell were all situated East to West.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
Just south of Mountain Creek. It's a small part separated by most of Dallas by undeveloped land and I 20/ spur 408. It usually gets ignored by the rest of the city, even though that's where most of the single family home construction is, and one of the only places in the city of Dallas where middle class families are moving to.

Most of the students there goes to Duncanville Isd, since that area feeds in Duncanville ISD, which is probably why Duncanville has a lot of students.
Duncanville ISD is lousy as is the city itself.

Why Duncanville ISD was one of the few Texas school district judged “improvement required” by the state | Dallas Morning News

Old 09-25-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
That's strange, I could've sworn Dallas' major suburbs like Garland, Mesquite, Grand Prairie, Irving, Rockwall, Rowlett, Forney, & Terrell were all situated East to West.
There are a lot more people living North of DFW than east or west minus the burbs between the two which I clarified in a previous post.

Take out Irving and Grand Prairie because those are between Dallas and Fort Worth.

Garland is as much North as it s East.

Now you have Mesquite, Rockwall, Balch Springs, Sunnyvale, Forney, and Terrell. Those are the Eastern burbs of Dallas. They pale in population comparison (big time) to the northern burbs of Dallas. Those would be Plano, Richardson, Frisco, Carrollton, McKinney, etc.

That's why the notion of DFW having a wired shape is not really accurate.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
"If" Fort Worth didn't exist.

I hate to break it to you, but Fort Worth was established as a city before Dallas was...7 years prior to be exact.
Doesn't matter. I'm talking 2013 not 1849. In 2013, you have a huge amount of people commuting from Tarrant to Dallas county, but not really the other way around. That's why you can't break the metro by county line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas