Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 07:46 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times

Advertisements

This is exhausting and we've already derailed the thread so much I'm surprised a mod hasn't closed it. But Nerdlord, fine you win. I was mistaken and Cal Poly is not highly sought after by employers and certainly not over Berekeley or any other private elite school in CA. Fair enough? I admit I was wrong.

Now on the actual topic at hand, it's been pointed out by countless people that UT is a great state school but it's not as big as Harvard, not even in Texas. Rice is the only school comparable. At least to a lot of Texans Rice is as highly regarded as an Ivy especially to laymen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 12:32 AM

439 posts, read 437,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
No it hasn't. I know you will find this a shocker, but people can care about more than one thing at a time.

And LOL at a guy making fun of jokes in commercials who has a pee joke as their username. Did they not teach you what irony is at the UofH either?
Why obtain a quality education nowadays with the focus shifted away from the manufacturing of a product in a package to that of the idea of equality outside of it? You are right. I can no longer define what quality means. I don't believe that people are able to focus on the manufacturing of a quality product on one hand and upon the idea of equality on the other. Instead, tyranny has utilized the idea of equalty forever to keep the people in their place. While quality is a virtue, I see equality as a distracting false virtue.
In my younger years, the price I paid for a newspaper went to the cost of delivery of it. The news itself was free as it was brought to me by the products they advertised. Nowadays, not only have these media companies become non-competitive, but they are attempting to sell the information as a product.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:41 PM

2,512 posts, read 2,218,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow pool of piddle View Post
In my younger years, the price I paid for a newspaper went to the cost of delivery of it. The news itself was free as it was brought to me by the products they advertised. Nowadays, not only have these media companies become non-competitive, but they are attempting to sell the information as a product.
Your word salad is a whole lot of nothing. Have you ever worked in journalism or publishing?

Old 08-21-2016, 06:45 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,784,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
Your word salad is a whole lot of nothing. Have you ever worked in journalism or publishing?
Congressional & Presidential speechwriting.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:31 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,273,096 times
I don't think the yellow pool is a real person.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
I attended U of H which is number 2 in the nation behind Princeton in both English and Creative Writing. The common belief is that the worst writers graduate and go work in journalism.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Congressional & Presidential speechwriting.

There is a humorous quote by today's president claiming that his greatness stands upon himself as his very own foundation. Certainly, one of his weirdo speech writing advisors wrote those words down thinking at the time that they sounded quite noble. Because of the excellent education I received at U of H, I would never write down such stupid words. To do so, I would need to take a severe overdose of stupid pills.

What? And you probably think the smartest and best writers work for the administration. No way!

Old 08-22-2016, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
I don't think the yellow pool is a real person.
A computer program has no sense of humor. For example, call me crazy, but the only students today receiving an honest education are poor white males. The other wealthy or disadvantaged students won't ever have to be serious, learn to read or write, open a book, study, pass tests, or acheive a passing grade.

Oops.

Go U of H!

Old 08-22-2016, 07:02 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,262,684 times
I'm reading through the responses here, and I feel like there's a two drink minimum. The OP's question was answered about 10 pages ago, but I can't stop laughing.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:35 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,165,481 times
"Does UT have the same reputation as Harvard in Texas?"

No. Harvard's football team (yes, they have one) doesn't even play in the BCS. And we certainly wouldn't have let Obama edit the Texas Law Review.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: