Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 02:05 PM

577 posts, read 457,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
I refuse to label DPatel304 or call him names.
I appreciate you remaining civil and not trying to derail the topic.

Quote:
However, him not answering some of my questions as well (such as my weather analogy etc.) also factored in with all the other reasons why I chose not to engage him anymore.
My apologies, that was not intentional.

Quote:
Based on him not answering some specific questions and not reading some articles presented to him, it does appear, at least to me, that he is closed minded about the subject and already made up his mind.
I read the article and watched the video and heard what Trump had to say. I'm just curious what specifically he said which lead you to the conclusion that "the President even recommended the vulnerable should be willing to die for the economy and stock market".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 11:01 AM

Dan Patrick is getting what he wants starting this Friday

Old 04-28-2020, 04:44 PM

5,615 posts, read 4,943,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPatel304 View Post
Not sure it goes far enough for him, frankly.

Old 04-29-2020, 08:13 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,001,394 times
Quote:
Yes, because "there are more important things than living", Dan Patrick. Crude remark. It's sickening really. He will be in the history books for that one. Certainly not very "Texas friendly" that is for certain. Maybe Texas could change it's state slogan to it. You would already have an "in" at the State level to push it through. lol

Old 04-29-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
Yes, because "there are more important things than living", Dan Patrick. Crude remark. It's sickening really. He will be in the history books for that one. Certainly not very "Texas friendly" that is for certain. Maybe Texas could change it's state slogan to it. You would already have an "in" at the State level to push it through. lol
Are you self-isolating until there is a vaccine?

Old 04-29-2020, 09:22 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,328,763 times
Well, some of us have identified Dan Patrick as a total knucklehead ever since the days when he and Tom Siler would get S-faced and try to troll for college girls at Kay's on Bissonett.

Now he's all holy and somehow (I can't imagine) has gotten himself elected to statewide office.

I'd use a Yiddish word that starts out "sch" and ends "muck" but auto-censor auto-censors it.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:23 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,328,763 times
Doesn't anyone else remember the antics of the Weather Midget and the Silver-Tongued D***o?

Old 04-29-2020, 11:34 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,001,394 times
Quote:
Are you self-isolating until there is a vaccine?
Pretty much. It's weird...when I first glanced at your post I thought it said, "are you self-loathing until there is a vaccine?" lol

I'm trying to accept what is instead of how I want things to be.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:41 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,507,167 times
Quote:
Pretty much. It's weird...when I first glanced at your post I thought it said, "are you self-loathing until there is a vaccine?" lol

Im glad you have the option. A lot of people dont. Its either go to work and pay the bills or stay at home and be broke. Like you I have the option for now and Im grateful for it.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:

This isn't necessarily directed at you specifically, but I find it really hard to believe anyone is going to truly self-isolate for that long, even if they are able to work from home. I'm sure high-risk people will do their best to self-isolate, but the general public will eventually come around and start resuming some sort of their daily lives.

Maybe as testing becomes more prevelant, we'll start to learn that this virus isn't as deadly as we initially thought and people might feel safer taking the risk of leaving the house once in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas