Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2022, 11:19 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,011,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
So you’re ok with paying an extra $100K for a house or $20 for a box of berries so long as an American did the work. Cool, but I don’t think the majority of American is with you. Oh sure, they want illegals gone and everything to be built here but they want to pay the same prices they would get if the work was done by illegals. Can’t have it both ways.

If conservatives are ok with saying and meaning that they would be willing to pay a significantly higher price for all illegals to go, I can respect that. However it’s a very small minority of them. They want them to go but they still want everything to cost the same. Those people are morons.
Yes I am. As are most Americans I think. This was a big issue during occupy wall steeet. Many manufacturing jobs went to China and it was pointed out many people would rather pay extra for products made in the US since it would be benefiting Americans.

If people aren’t willing to pay those prices, then nobody will buy from these companies, companies will suffer, and they will have to close shop or lower prices. And if they close shop other businesses will be ready to take their place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsn3r View Post
Oh nice! Citing a hate group site! Congrats on showing your true colors!
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...ration-studies

Founder is a white nationalist:
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...al/john-tanton

Of course they are anti-immigrant! Good to see who jumps in bed with this hate group on this board. I see it's the usual.
I found the link on google. Blame google for linking to “hate sites” I guess

Old 08-26-2022, 11:28 AM

https://www.scmr.com/article/america..._more_for_them

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottsh...n-america/amp/

https://www.morningbrew.com/series/m...es-a-toll-poll

I know this has nothing to do with illegal immigration necessarily, but it’s the same general idea.

Old 08-26-2022, 12:21 PM

573 posts, read 336,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
LOL! All your talk about using non-partisan sites - just a sham - like "yahoo is trash". USA Today is trash! Besides that it was an opinion piece written by Jessica Smith of Alliance Defending Freedom - an anti-LBGQT hate group! Another member of ADF is Amy Coney Bryant, Josh Hawley, and Bill Barr - all super-conservative, religious nuts! They bring lawsuits constantly to oppose gay marriage, and want to criminalize non-traditional unions! Congrats! Superconservative and anti-LGBQT! And Karl Zinsmeister, another superconservative is defending ADF - and their policies! LOL: "You should also check the legitimacy of your own sources before so brashly accusing another"

https://bridge.georgetown.edu/resear...n-studies-cis/
With links to evidence about the hate group CIS! But I know you won't bother!

Please send more evidence of how SPLC is a hate group from more anti-LBGTQ, anti-semitic, white nationalists that you like to quote! LOL!

NPR is saying how SPLC is improving.
https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/sta...during-riot%2F

Last edited by Pilsn3r; 08-26-2022 at 12:34 PM..

Old 08-26-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
I found the link on google. Blame google for linking to “hate sites” I guess
Maybe read it and understand it and look at the source - where they're coming from - like CIS and their white nationalism anti-immigration perspective. BTW - a judge dismissed their lawsuit against SPLC - hmmm...so no libel - means no cause to bring a case against SPLC for:

a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression
b(1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt
(2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means
(3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures
(4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel

Old 08-26-2022, 03:16 PM

11,834 posts, read 8,027,753 times
Quote:
LOL! All your talk about using non-partisan sites - just a sham - like "yahoo is trash". USA Today is trash! Besides that it was an opinion piece written by Jessica Smith of Alliance Defending Freedom - an anti-LBGQT hate group! Another member of ADF is Amy Coney Bryant, Josh Hawley, and Bill Barr - all super-conservative, religious nuts! They bring lawsuits constantly to oppose gay marriage, and want to criminalize non-traditional unions! Congrats! Superconservative and anti-LGBQT! And Karl Zinsmeister, another superconservative is defending ADF - and their policies! LOL: "You should also check the legitimacy of your own sources before so brashly accusing another"

https://bridge.georgetown.edu/resear...n-studies-cis/
With links to evidence about the hate group CIS! But I know you won't bother!

Please send more evidence of how SPLC is a hate group from more anti-LBGTQ, anti-semitic, white nationalists that you like to quote! LOL!

NPR is saying how SPLC is improving.
https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/sta...during-riot%2F
I won't say that there isn't legitimacy in some of what you are saying in this post. I don't doubt that there are anti-immigration acts out there on the conservative playing field.. .. and I don't support anti-immigration .. I'm okay for anyone coming here so long as for good will .. but I will say that.. ..the anti-legitimacy on the conservative side of the scope does not automatically grant legitimacy in everything the liberal agenda advocates either ...

...The issue isn't immigration, but implementation, and some organizations are 'okaying' the implementations of behavior that are not 'okay' only because they fit a certain class of people and labeling anyone who disagrees with such as a supremist, nationalists, and hate groups.. ..some may deserve such titles, when arguing against matters which are completely legal and appropriate, but the acts of illegal immigration is just that... ...illegal... ...we have laws for reasons, if they can't respect our laws, how can they respect our homeland? Acting in defense of illegal activity, regardless of what class of people is not hate nor supremist. That is just broadly labeling legitimate opinions.

I personally would have a big problem with an organization that would advocate illegal immigration into the country and defend them over the lawful rights over a national tax-paying citizen whom may vocally speak against it and is automatically labeled for doing so, regardless of how much or little value any illegal immigrant may bring. Especially if said organization does not have control over the very things they advocate on an internal level. That screams hypocrisy and agenda...as if, they are not doing this for equality.. ..but rather ulterior motifs and I would believe it would be naive to believe this is not possible, if it is possible on the far right wing, why would it not be possible on the far left wing whom are also controlled by billionaire's and elitists?

and as for yahoo news and bi-partisanship? You're a good comedian.. ..have they opened up their comments section yet?

https://www.allsides.com/news-source...ews-media-bias

Quote:
AllSides Media Bias Analysis: Yahoo! News Curation Favors Media Outlets on the Left
In April and May 2022, AllSides conducted a media bias analysis of Yahoo! News, finding that its content curation and homepage top stories greatly favored stories from media outlets on the left.

An analysis of 588 curated articles published by Yahoo! News in April 2022 showed that 65% were from a media outlet that has a Left or Lean Left AllSides Media Bias Rating, and just 5% were from outlets AllSides rates as on the right.
And the opinion of its viewers?

https://www.quora.com/How-biased-is-Yahoo-News

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 08-26-2022 at 04:29 PM..

Old 08-26-2022, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Maybe read it and understand it and look at the source - where they're coming from - like CIS and their white nationalism anti-immigration perspective. BTW - a judge dismissed their lawsuit against SPLC - hmmm...so no libel - means no cause to bring a case against SPLC for:

a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression
b(1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt
(2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means
(3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures
(4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel
It is very hard to win a case for slander or libel. They would have to prove that the slander cost them money, which it probably didn't.

Old 08-26-2022, 04:23 PM

Anyways, their article has plenty of sources. The fact that that is the main website pushing this from google shows that your more mainstream news is not willing to talk about any of that. I wonder why? Almost as if they have some kind of agenda?

Old 08-26-2022, 04:25 PM

Quote:
It is very hard to win a case for slander or libel. They would have to prove that the slander cost them money, which it probably didn't.
It's libel, not slander. Didn't even get to trial because the lawsuit was so ridiculous.

Quote:
Anyways, their article has plenty of sources. The fact that that is the main website pushing this from google shows that your more mainstream news is not willing to talk about any of that. I wonder why? Almost as if they have some kind of agenda?
There many fact checking sites debunking the CIS studies - and also multiple sites corroborating the racism with CIS. All easy to find on google. Reminds me of a poster who posted a link to study supporting ivermectin - of course it was "Dr" Stella Immanuel.

Old 08-26-2022, 04:35 PM

Please link me to somebody fact checking that page (and not a partisan site) and I will agree.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...14216/f.7.aspx

Is Politico white nationalist too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas