Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 06:03 PM

245 posts, read 698,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorcraftbc65 View Post
I have a restored 1980 Suzuki GS 1000, the last year of the "Super Bikes" before they put fairings on them, and called them "Sport Bikes".
Tee has a Suzuki GS 850. Brie
Nice Brie! GS1000 was one of the big players from the super bike era indeed. The 70's and early 80's were a great time for Japanese bikes. I spent many a weekend at US30 Dragstrip in Indiana. Lots of GS and KZ bikes out there. The good ol days. *sigh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 10:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,739 times
Hello everyone! My husband and I recently bought 32 acres at Cornudas. He grew up in El Paso and I grew up in KS, MO, and East TX. Since we have been married almost every vacation we have taken has been to the desert SW. We both love the desert and the mountains. We have 4 kids ages 4, 6, 11, and 15, and figured that we would purchase the land 1) an investment to divide amongst our four kids when we're gone and 2) as a get-a-way and home base when traveling to Carlsbad, El Paso, and White Sands. Maybe someday when the kids are grown we'll possibly move out that way permanently. My biggest fear is the snakes though. It's probably a silly and unfounded fear though, due to the fact that I spent much of my childhood traipsing through the piney woods of east Texas with Timber Rattlers, Cottonmouths, and copperheads. (Currently we live NE of DFW and still have those snakes around). How bad are the snakes out there? Our property is in the south side of the Highway inside Sunset Ranch. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much! I look forward to meeting everyone!
Marcy

Old 12-09-2010, 11:51 PM

Location: Cornudas TX better known as Glory Land east of Paradise
120 posts, read 235,947 times
Default welcome

Glad to see you have land here. I am on ranch road 2317 south of the carlsbad hyway and east of sunset ranches. As for snakes, we have some here, I killed two this year and didn't see any more. so it is not as bad as where you are, rule of thumb, look where you walk and look before you pick up something off the ground. I think you will like it here. Lots of friendly folks out here and several more moving here in the next couple of years. Cornudas is great and so is the food at May's cafe. looking forward to meeting you.

Bob

Old 12-09-2010, 11:57 PM

Location: Cornudas TX better known as Glory Land east of Paradise
120 posts, read 235,947 times
Hey Steve I have a bicyle with a small gas engine on it, it runs about 35 mph, it is a cool bike, maybe you can see it on your next trip. Talk to you later.

Bob

Old 12-10-2010, 03:38 AM

15 posts, read 20,738 times
The town is growing online before we even move there.

Awesome!

Old 12-10-2010, 07:19 AM

124 posts, read 283,937 times
Cool sounding bike, Bob! Cant wait to see it.
And welcome to West Texas, MommaD77!

Old 12-10-2010, 07:34 AM

262 posts, read 782,020 times
WELCOME TO CORNUDAS! MommaD77. Let us all know about a week before you come out here, and we will be waiting on you at May's Cafe. Brie

Old 12-10-2010, 06:56 PM

5 posts, read 7,744 times
Hey, everybody!

Checking back in to enjoy the conversation. Wife Allison and I will hopefully have everything packed up and/or disposed of by April or May, so we can permanently head out of Wisconsin and start our full-time RV lifestyle. First stop will be our little bit of acreage in Fred Price's Antelope Acres Estates, which will be our "home-base" and winter hunker-down. We anticipate doing a little work on the place (or having it done, depending on the Budget) before meandering on. Hopefully we'll be able to meet some of ya'll.

Right now we are bracing for another 8"-10" of snow tomorrow; go ahead and smirk...

Bill & Allison

Old 12-10-2010, 07:31 PM

262 posts, read 782,020 times
Hey Bill and Allison,
I would ONLY smirk if you diddn't have the sense to get out of there!! Tee and I are the ones with the 80 acres on the south side of 62-180 that has the 4,700 foot airstrip on it. If you are going to be here for Memorial Day, stop on by, most of the locals will be here enjoying our annual BBQ/Cowboy shooting competition, (NON SASS, regular clothes, whatever guns you can afford). The New York Strips hit the grill at noon-thirty. We eat for two hours, and then shoot for three. Brie

Old 12-10-2010, 08:07 PM

15 posts, read 20,738 times
What's the best place to keep up with the weather and such for the area? el paso news places? I dont even think my land has a zip code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas