Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2010, 10:45 PM

Location: Cornudas TX better known as Glory Land east of Paradise
120 posts, read 235,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Hey, Bob! Hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving, too!

When you get out to Texas again, I think we're just going to have to introduce you to "Texas cornbread dressing." It's served as a separate dish, and is not placed inside the turkey.

As a lifelong Texan now living in nearby NM for the last three years, I have never had stuffing. It may just be my particular family, but I've never seen stuffing in Texas!

Have a good one!
You are right, I said stuffing because, I didn't think anyone here would call it dressing. I am from Ga where it was invented along with gravy. LOL

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 10:49 PM

Hey Brie did you get in to see the dentist? I hope your tooth is better. I don't think I will be out until Monday. I came down with the flu and I am staying in for a few days. I wii let you know what day. I have all the batteries, so I am set. Hope you have a good Thanksgiving.

Bob

Old 11-25-2010, 08:10 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,168,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespook View Post
You are right, I said stuffing because, I didn't think anyone here would call it dressing. I am from Ga where it was invented along with gravy. LOL

Bob
I'm native Texan and have heard it referred to both ways all my life. Never thought about one being more preferred over the other. In both cases it usually means whatever is used to "stuff" the body cavity of the bird while it's baking. I don't know where it originated but deep frying a whole turkey would prevent stuffing the cavity, I think. Deep frying seems to be catching on if ads for the "safe" fryers I've been seeing are any indication.

So would that be "giblet" gravy? Seems the only time I get it is when served with turkey.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:13 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespook View Post

Bob
Ah ha! Ooook! Enjoy!

Old 11-25-2010, 10:23 PM

Hey Brie, better get your chopper skills ready, N Korea is getting reckless, so we will need to go over there and take care of things, should be home in time for christmas. What do you thin k?

Bob

Old 11-25-2010, 10:32 PM

262 posts, read 781,973 times
Hey Spook,
I'm game if they called me. They called me once before for desert Storm one,
so I could do it again, but this time, I think that I would be teaching the young guys how to stay alive in that type of threat environment. Brie

Old 11-26-2010, 09:10 AM

245 posts, read 698,072 times
Hey everyone, hope your holiday was great! I haven't posted here for awhile but I do keep an eye on whats going on.

We are still planning coming out there. I spent 4 months in Lake Havasu City in January. My parents bought a house out there and I helped move them in. While I was out there I bought a really nice motorhome. It will be our wheels and home for awhile once we come out there. Looks like one more winter for us in N Illinois.

In 2005 we bought a mobile home up here. The plan was to stay here until my son graduated high school. He was going to go to NIU, we would head south and he would move in here. He changed his mind when he saw the sticker price on a degree and now is going to a community college. That works fine since the trailer park is on a flood plain. From 1996 to 2007 it was ok but the floods have be hitting real regular since 07. Now FEMA, the state and county are going to buy out the park and close it. We are stuck here until that gets done. They say plans will be final around Dec, but you know how government works (or doesn't).

Anyway, just thought I'd drop in and say HI. Hope you all enjoy the holidays and we'll see ya when we see ya.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:34 PM

168 posts, read 502,683 times
Hi Bones,
Nice to here from you. I've been a little worried, but glad everything is going good.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:03 PM

Looking forward to meeting you. I think you will like this area. There are a lot of good folks around here.

Bob

Old 11-28-2010, 12:30 AM

Hey Steve, hows the weather where you are? I think we may have a cold winter the way it is starting.

Bob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas