Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:43 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,253,380 times

Advertisements

How are PR or technical writing opportunities in Texas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 09:45 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,704,369 times
I know someone in another state that does technical writing, so I'll ask her. Even though she's in another state she may have some idea.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:00 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,960,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Originally Posted by scongress1234
You must be in Loredo.......the only destitute city in Texas.......poor Loredo!

I guess that is what that little "Location" thingie is for up in the right corner.
heh heh.. I like your location as the zip code.

Naw its not my Resume. Its the fact I don't know Spanish and refuse to learn it cause I am pig headed like that. And the fact they cant pay me what I feel I am worth here.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:36 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,688,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
heh heh.. I like your location as the zip code.

Naw its not my Resume. Its the fact I don't know Spanish and refuse to learn it cause I am pig headed like that. And the fact they cant pay me what I feel I am worth here.
I thought you were moving to Galveston?

Old 06-19-2008, 07:40 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,688,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalGal953 View Post
Well we can't really change to another field since that would require us to go back to school, which we have no money whatsoever to do, and we've looked all over the state. El Paso, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, etc.: nothing. My boyfriend had interviews from companies in all those places, only to either never hear from them again or hear that he was rejected. And I just have not found anything anywhere in Texas: El Paso, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, etc.
It's highly unusual that neither of you have found a decent job yet if you've been looking in all the major cities as you say. I saw on another thread that someone suggested petro-chem, but you didn't want to go into that. What is it exactly that you want to do? How many jobs have you applied for? What exactly is your degree in? Why can't you accept a job not exactly in your field, like plenty of other people do? Do you want to work or are you holding out for The Perfect Job? Because last I checked, that didn't exist. Do you disclose your disabilities at interviews? That could be one issue, that you're scaring potential employers off, unless you're going through DARS to secure a position. Not having had any job in two years is probably another thing hurting you, unless you have a good excuse to account for that gap in your resume. You might wanna get some advice at Work and Employment Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum.

Last edited by houstoner; 06-19-2008 at 07:52 AM..

Old 06-19-2008, 12:56 PM

746 posts, read 3,728,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
It's highly unusual that neither of you have found a decent job yet if you've been looking in all the major cities as you say. I saw on another thread that someone suggested petro-chem, but you didn't want to go into that. What is it exactly that you want to do? How many jobs have you applied for? What exactly is your degree in? Why can't you accept a job not exactly in your field, like plenty of other people do? Do you want to work or are you holding out for The Perfect Job? Because last I checked, that didn't exist. Do you disclose your disabilities at interviews? That could be one issue, that you're scaring potential employers off, unless you're going through DARS to secure a position. Not having had any job in two years is probably another thing hurting you, unless you have a good excuse to account for that gap in your resume. You might wanna get some advice at Work and Employment Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum.

Actually, 3-month gaps could be an issue, so 2 year gaps could be THE reason.....

Old 06-19-2008, 01:10 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
I say we build a wall along the Red River and keep em all out.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:08 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,960,642 times
I am still looking into it. But so far its the top contender.

Quote:
I thought you were moving to Galveston?

Old 06-20-2008, 03:05 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,288,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I say we build a wall along the Red River and keep em all out.
Aw, come on, we gotta include the Okies! They're wannabe Texans anyway! I know plenty of 'em. They are just Texan-lites!

Old 06-21-2008, 08:46 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,148,409 times
Quote:
You are incorrect. The perfect job does exist. In fact, there are two perfect jobs--the one you used to have and the one you are going to get...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas