Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 10:56 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,853,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Well, he's from neither city, so that's probably why.

I think it's natural to have hometown pride and some level of bias, but I think it gets out of hand with a few people. It's actually funny that I say that, because I'm sure some posters would claim that I'm one of the unruly ones.
The Fort Worthians are pretty fair as well. Until some of the Houstonians go overboard. I mean seriously when I have to defend Dallas than there definitely has to be some impractical comments being made. When people start sterotyping and generalizing thats when I have a serious problem.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:19 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,467,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
The Fort Worthians are pretty fair as well. Until some of the Houstonians go overboard. I mean seriously when I have to defend Dallas than there definitely has to be some impractical comments being made. When people start sterotyping and generalizing thats when I have a serious problem.
True...True...And be honest how often do u actually see Dallas posters going OVERBOARD about Houston??....It rarely happens if ever...Now Im not saying that Dallas posters don't defend Dallas;its just that when we do get snide its almost always in response to foolery coming from the Houston Posters....and thats me speaking for myself.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:00 AM

875 posts, read 1,663,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Dallas doesn't have the historical significance, cosmopolitaness, or quirkiness of Houston & Houston doesn't have quite the pizzazz or urban fabric as Dallas.
I agree. The history in SE Texas is very interesting compared to the DFW area.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:28 AM

385 posts, read 969,003 times
not sure why one of my earlier posts was neglected, but all this kissing and making up is annoying so i will reiterate. Patrick Swayze!!

Houston Wins!!!!

Old 03-31-2012, 08:23 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,361,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Not that I'm trying to target you, but I can remember an instance or two where you have been quite combative with me, and didn't take too kindly to facts being presented to you if they didn't help your argument. The first issue that comes to mind was the topic of black nightlife between Houston and DFW.

Here's the thing: if y'all feel that certain posters are constantly getting out of hand, then your problem needs to be with them, and not the whole city and the rest of its posters. So as far as this idea that the DFW homers are just so innocent, I'm not buying it. It probably was true in the past, but not today.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:29 AM

...I've also noticed that some of you guys have a bad habit of posting exclusively DFW/Houston topics in the general Texas forum, seemingly to start something.

Why should ALL of Texas be concerned with the fact that "Fort Worth is serious about light rail"?

Old 03-31-2012, 09:14 AM

12,498 posts, read 27,027,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
...I've also noticed that some of you guys have a bad habit of posting exclusively DFW/Houston topics in the general Texas forum, seemingly to start something.

Why should ALL of Texas be concerned with the fact that "Fort Worth is serious about light rail"?
Maybe because no one reads or posts in the Fort Worth side of the forum?

From the way it looks El Paso of all places is more popular on C-D than Fort Worth. Man that's gotta be like the biggest slap in the face.

Dallas always steals Fort Worth's glory.

On a side note Houston is more popular on these forums than Dallas.

Houston - 256,232 posts

Dallas - 214,588 posts

Last edited by Metro Matt; 03-31-2012 at 09:24 AM..

Old 03-31-2012, 09:25 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,977,270 times
Just read all the posts, there's some serious haters. People don't understand that the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge will transform West Dallas. A basic bridge wouldn't work. If you saw how West Dallas really looks Houstonians will be all for it. I thought South Dallas looked bad, but West Dallas has to be one of the worst areas of Dallas. There's houses, churches and apartments built directly behind the levees. Neighborhoods are always flooding because of the close proximity to the River. In result, houses are dilapidated and some are abandoned. People were not willing to invest in West Dallas before the bridge was built. If Houston had the opportunity to revitalize a whole area by building "tacky" bridges, they would.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:27 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,977,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Maybe because no one reads or posts in the Fort Worth side of the forum?

From the way it looks El Paso of all places is more popular on C-D than Fort Worth. Man that's gotta be like the biggest slap in the face.

Dallas always steals Fort Worth's glory.

On a side note Houston is more popular on these forums than Dallas.

Houston - 256,232 posts

Dallas - 214,588 posts
My Mama always told me to never entertain foolishness. I think I'm going to take her advice on this one.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Just read all the posts, there's some serious haters. People don't understand that the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge will transform West Dallas. A basic bridge wouldn't work. If you saw how West Dallas really looks Houstonians will be all for it. I thought South Dallas looked bad, but West Dallas has to be one of the worst areas of Dallas. There's houses, churches and apartments built directly behind the levees. Neighborhoods are always flooding because of the close proximity to the River. In result, houses are dilapidated and some are abandoned. People were not willing to invest in West Dallas before the bridge was built. If Houston had the opportunity to revitalize a whole area by building "tacky" bridges, they would.
I know what West Dallas looks like. That has nothing to do with my opinion. You can improve something without going overboard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas