Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 07:07 AM

3,141 posts, read 2,045,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I'm into both white and Hispanic women. I've dated more white women than Hispanic women. I am white and it has always seemed easier to meet white women through my usual activities.

New York City is one of the best cities to be a single guy in, if you are able to afford the high housing costs.

Dallas women often have attitude problems. However, there are some good ones. I guess that's true of any place. Both Dallas and Houston have a huge oversupply of single males relative to single females in younger age brackets. Almost every major American city has that problem.

The Texas women with strong rural backgrounds are often really good options.
That's interesting... Both Dallas and Houston have always (at least to me) felt like the opposite - that they both have a lot more younger women than most American metros simply because they are younger metros than most. Are there really way more men here relative to the number of women? Could be true, just seems rather hard to believe.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:47 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,456,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
That's interesting... Both Dallas and Houston have always (at least to me) felt like the opposite - that they both have a lot more younger women than most American metros simply because they are younger metros than most. Are there really way more men here relative to the number of women? Could be true, just seems rather hard to believe.
http://jonathansoma.com/singles/#3/10/2/1

I’ve set the slider to ages 20-34.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:02 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,212,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdz1979 View Post
I wish that the mods would close this thread. Like blackface, the objectification of women should be relegated to the racist and sexist past. Neither were fine then, and are most assuredly not fine today. There is no place in today's society for discussions such as this, it's disgusting.
The real elephant in the room is the number of men who expect the women to go all out but who make little to no effort. Last weekend my kids and I met my parents at a trendy restaurant in Dallas. While there, a young couple came in. The woman was dressed to the nines while the man was wearing a baseball cap, a t-shirt, jeans, and flip flops. He looked like he had just thrown on some clothes. My younger son is 12 so I’m starting to teach him about growing up, manners, etc. I asked him what he thought about the couple and whether they were equally dressed. He said no and that the girl was much nicer dressed. When I asked what he thought about it he said it was really unfair and that he should have made more of an effort. This was coming from a kid who complains when asked to wear a button down shirt or shoes other than sneakers or sandals.

Old 02-06-2019, 01:02 PM

502 posts, read 391,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
The real elephant in the room is the number of men who expect the women to go all out but who make little to no effort. Last weekend my kids and I met my parents at a trendy restaurant in Dallas. While there, a young couple came in. The woman was dressed to the nines while the man was wearing a baseball cap, a t-shirt, jeans, and flip flops. He looked like he had just thrown on some clothes. My younger son is 12 so I’m starting to teach him about growing up, manners, etc. I asked him what he thought about the couple and whether they were equally dressed. He said no and that the girl was much nicer dressed. When I asked what he thought about it he said it was really unfair and that he should have made more of an effort. This was coming from a kid who complains when asked to wear a button down shirt or shoes other than sneakers or sandals.
I find it to be the complete opposite in San Antonio.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:48 PM

169 posts, read 160,343 times
Houston, my dear boy.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:57 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,499,927 times
Quote:
San Antonio has never had a great reputation for tremendously attractive women. Charles Barkley made news a number of years back by having some harsh words about the quality of the looks of San Antonio women.
That's not true. San Antonio was known as the place to party and find beautiful senoritas during the 1800's and even today.
Charles Barkley....now there's a credible source.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
On a lot of my first dates over time in Dallas, I showed up better dressed than the woman. That was 100% the case if the date was sourced from a dating site (prior to apps) or in the app era with Tinder & Bumble. If the date was sourced offline, there was a better chance of the woman showing less apathy & our levels of effort made to impress were near equal. On apps, most women have a huge queue of men, so there’s no incentive to show effort. This was why I opted off of apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
That's not true. San Antonio was known as the place to party and find beautiful senoritas during the 1800's and even today.
Charles Barkley....now there's a credible source.
NBA players are often credible sources in knowing how attractive a city’s women are. I have not spent any time attempting to mate in San Antonio. San Antonio has an obesity problem. So does Houston. I can speak to Dallas’ obesity problem. In Dallas, the fashionable central city neighborhoods do not have an obesity problem but venture out to the suburbs north of Interstate 635 & people get fatter.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:33 PM

63 posts, read 111,872 times
Quote:
I'm into both white and Hispanic women. I've dated more white women than Hispanic women. I am white and it has always seemed easier to meet white women through my usual activities.

New York City is one of the best cities to be a single guy in, if you are able to afford the high housing costs.

Dallas women often have attitude problems. However, there are some good ones. I guess that's true of any place. Both Dallas and Houston have a huge oversupply of single males relative to single females in younger age brackets. Almost every major American city has that problem.

The Texas women with strong rural backgrounds are often really good options.

I bet a lot of these "singles" aren't really single (i.e. lots of casual relationships/hooking up)

Old 02-08-2019, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demog View Post
I bet a lot of these "singles" aren't really single (i.e. lots of casual relationships/hooking up)

Yes, that's pretty common, particularly on the female side of the equation. If a woman is under 40, has a normal BMI, and has no other physical oddities, she will never go more than 30 days without sex, even if she never has a relationships. Even women in their 40s and early 50s with the other statements being applicable are not lacking for sexual options.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:03 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,313,278 times
Has no one mentioned Mentone, TX yet? Although the singles scene there isn't as large as Houston or Dallas yet, it's my understanding that the large number of high income young professionals moving into town, drawn by the incredible number of cultural attractions, has created a really hip scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas