Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 07:05 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times

Advertisements

I have to ask which Houston skyline ate Dallas' only one?
I like both cities, lived in both, but come on..this is silly. Dallas lost itself to Plano, Frisco and the burbs.
As to laid back, I'm sorry..when my Highland Park roomie got up at 5:30 am to put on makeup and color coordinate her clothing for her 9:30 am class.....Houston won laid back hands down.

Not a fan of Ft. Worth sorry.I find it uptight...not pretty. No apologies for that statement because it's MHO.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:56 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Dallas' 635 loop is quite a bit larger than Houston's 610 Loop. I consider everything inside of Dallas' Loop 12 to be a more fair comparison. Even then, Houston is still denser than Dallas.
That has nothing to do with what I posted, but I dont disagree.

Either way, give me Fort Worth over Dallas or Houston any day. I like Dallas and Houston, but I love Fort Worth (even though I do live in Dallas).

Old 01-19-2010, 08:51 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Fort Worth can be amusing for an afternoon once or twice per year.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times
I concur. Fort worth can get old quick. After walking Sundance square downtown and the stockyards, that's about it for Fort worth. It still has that old western charm.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
I concur. Fort worth can get old quick. After walking Sundance square downtown and the stockyards, that's about it for Fort worth. It still has that old western charm.
For visiting perhaps, not for living. Fort Worth offers a better quality of life than Houston or Dallas in my opinion.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:14 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
For visiting perhaps, not for living. Fort Worth offers a better quality of life than Houston or Dallas in my opinion.
I agree... Just to add on Downtown Fort Worth is better than both downtown Houston and Dallas. Dallas and Houston may be larger but you can get the same ammenties in Fort Worth as you would get in either of those cities. This is a huge reason why Fort Worth has lead the north Texas region in growth since 2000. As Fort Worth continues to grow I suspect it will look and feel a lot like Houston and Dallas but for right now Fort Worth still offer that small town atmosphere in a big city.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
As Fort Worth continues to grow I suspect it will look and feel a lot like Houston and Dallas but for right now Fort Worth still offer that small town atmosphere in a big city.
I dont want it to feel like Dallas, Houston, or LA. I just want it to be the way it is. Its charming, fun, safe, and in my opinion the best place in Texas to live. Its also a huge reason why I like DFW more than Houston. In DFW, you have the big city that is Dallas with all the big city things and you also have the smaller city with all the charm and friendliness in Fort Worth.

Fort Worth is special. Houston and Dallas arent special. Theyre just huge as all hell cities that wouldnt stand out in the crowd except for their size. They arent boring, they are both quite fun. But they dont offer anything that cities of their size around the country dont offer (like Atlanta or DC for example).

Old 01-19-2010, 10:51 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I agree... Just to add on Downtown Fort Worth is better than both downtown Houston and Dallas. Dallas and Houston may be larger but you can get the same ammenties in Fort Worth as you would get in either of those cities. This is a huge reason why Fort Worth has lead the north Texas region in growth since 2000. As Fort Worth continues to grow I suspect it will look and feel a lot like Houston and Dallas but for right now Fort Worth still offer that small town atmosphere in a big city.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, but Fort Worth does NOT offer everything Houston and Dallas.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:20 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Dallas is special - it's not your run-of-the-mill city. Perhaps you need to study its history and how it was shaped by movers-and-shakers like Stanley Marcus, R. L. Thornton, Trammell Crow, H.L. Hunt, The Murchisons, the Dealeys, H.S. Miller etc. Dallas was a large small town when it lured the Texas Centennial to Fair Park in 1936. It took a lot of guts, money and fortitude to do that. We put everything on the line and re-built the place in just over a year. If you visit you will still see the largest extant collection of Art Deco exhibition buildings in the world. It's a national historic landmark and home to the world's largest fair.

We have other sites to see, but this best exemplifies the spirit of "Big D". The world's largest Arts District would not have come about without this ambitious antecedent.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:12 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times
I disagree with the last posters except jluke.

All 3 cities are special. Just like Fort Worth is a special city in DFW, Galveston is a special city in Greater Houston. People can talk trash about Galveston all they want but it still offers a charm that is not really found anywhere else in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas