Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 05:01 PM

150 posts, read 689,172 times

Advertisements

Its depends, r u a city person or a town person? Houston (Southeast Texas) is probably the most urban place in Texas, hands down the most diverse place in texas. In Houston you can get a little taste of every part of the world, South Asia, East Asia, Africa, Middle East, even Europe. Then you have Dallas, which in my opinion is the second best place in Texas after Houston, DFW is more of a region than anything. San Antonio is Mexico, Austin is party town, and then you have the country, the Hill Country is south texas is very beautiful. I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 08:59 PM

24 posts, read 133,811 times
well the type of vibe i'm looking into now is:

mountains (maybe?)
some greenary, not dry cactuses everywhere
cowboy rodeo meat lover kinda feel, for a small girl i love my meat
nice people, doesnt have to be a small secluded town, near city i don't care..

i'm just trying to figure out the difference since i know texas is a HUGE state and has so many different qualities..i'm thinking..from what i've heard..to stay far from south texas ;]

cand anyone tell me more about north, west and east please

Old 05-25-2007, 09:00 PM

and did i mention: i love the heat..but i cannot STAND humidity.

a nice breaze now and then would be nice ;]

Old 05-25-2007, 09:54 PM

389 posts, read 1,657,141 times
Howdy you might care for San Angelo area its between Lubbock and San Antone. its a dry heat their .kind of mountains well its called the concho valley.Its almost desert like some cactus it has a lake called Nasworthy.Rodeo in the winter FEb. its pretty popular their.it has some steak places like outback and Logans. try the Cotton Patch good for beef tips in Rice.Nice people,cheap grocries at the HEB.mexican food like '"Mejor Que Nada" I don't know if its still their but its good .

Old 05-26-2007, 10:01 AM

124 posts, read 450,033 times
Country_girl2122,

It sounds like the Central Texas region would be the closest fit for your needs. There are no mountains, but plenty of beautiful, green, hilly areas. The people are among the nicest in Texas. And everyone knows that the best barbecue places are in Central Texas (and in Texas the most important ingredient in the barbecue is the MEAT not the sauce).

Old 05-26-2007, 02:19 PM

Yea i know ;]

My grandpa made the best barbq's and we always tried to guess his "sauce" and he told us..it ain't the sauce child it's the meat.

Never knew really what he meant. meats meat right? now i know..

i'll take a look into central, yea hills, mountains, just a nice landscape.
i'm still young so somethin to do would be nice as well.

thanks for everythin so far though

Old 05-26-2007, 02:57 PM

90 posts, read 360,936 times
Dallas and Houston are the two big urban areas in texas. Other places are all different. West Texas is more like a desert. When you get down to central texas, near Austin and San Antonio, there is a big mexican/texan culture. When you get down in far south texas near the border, you should probaly avoid that area

Old 05-27-2007, 09:33 PM

54 posts, read 248,389 times
yea i heard some bad stuff about the south, isn't it supposed to be as bad as south az? worse, maybe?

Old 05-29-2007, 01:05 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,194,708 times
Country_girl2122: If you don't like humidity, you'll have to be in West Texas. The Hill Country is indeed beautiful, but it's humid. The Fort Davis/Alpine/Marfa area has mountains and little humidity, but it isn't very green. The roads north of Fort Davis are up in the trees, particularly around McDonald Observatory, but there are no towns there. I guess it all depends on whether you would rather put up with humidity or have mountains nearby.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 14,707 times
Well Belle, 36% of the state of texas is hispanic. Although most of the 13 million hispanics reside in the bigger cities of texas and on the border as well, it sounds like you come from a small town as well, but in northern texas, like way north. Based on how you described yourself, I know any part of texas would be happy to have a HOT blue eyed blond anytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas