Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 04:35 PM

28 posts, read 88,672 times

Advertisements

I guess I'm part of the problem. Whenever someone asks me for my phone number I just give them the last 7 digits. They always say is that 416? I say the 416 is the default, if it's something else the people should say it. I've live here all my life and can remember we went to Buffalo for the weekends. Things have changed, they come here now for the weekend. And you can buy a beer without food. My parents moved to the US in the 80's and my Dad still says he misses Toronto, especially at NHL playoff time, since we get all the games here, not so in the US.

Daniel .................... Toronto

Old 05-31-2009, 06:02 PM

110 posts, read 491,194 times
Why the hell would somebody who likes cities hate Toronto?

Old 06-03-2009, 02:55 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,860 times
I think any country with a city that is close to a primate city will have resentment toward it from outside. Look at the situation in Thailand whereby Bangkok is the primate city and politically there are Bangkokians and everyone else. NYC, although large is tempered by a plethora of other large cities in the U.S like L.A, Chicago among a host of other large cities.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:34 AM

701 posts, read 1,900,814 times
That's because Vancouver is a not really a BIG city, maybe in Canadian standard it is. Would Americans consider Seattle a BIG city? not really. maybe midsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afici0nad0 View Post
i like big cities.

i enjoy vancouver a lot, but i always find it too small for me (for whatever reason i can't explain).

Old 11-10-2009, 07:58 PM

19 posts, read 223,772 times
Toronto has unknowingly developed a mentality of "we're bigger, and more powerful, therefore better", which other towns don't like.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:18 PM

19 posts, read 223,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
I think any country with a city that is close to a primate city will have resentment toward it from outside. Look at the situation in Thailand whereby Bangkok is the primate city and politically there are Bangkokians and everyone else. NYC, although large is tempered by a plethora of other large cities in the U.S like L.A, Chicago among a host of other large cities.
Primate is a monkey-like creature...

Old 11-12-2009, 09:41 AM

2 posts, read 70,617 times
I love Toronto, love many things from Toronto. I am a Chinese immigrant and have been lived here for quite a long time. My husband is a immigrant too, from Germany. We both compare Toronto with many other cities, Toronto is very good place to live;-)) Summer is good, winter is little bit tough but still interesting, you can do many winter things. we bothe love the 'winter wonderland" stuffs. Just snow shoving is little bit too much.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:14 AM

23 posts, read 79,164 times
I miss Toronto. I've been living in the Southeastern U.S. for 10 years now.
I visit Toronto 2x a year.

It is just too expensive for us to consider moving back: The US $ tanked, Toronto housing has skyrocketed the last ten years and is still going up up up. But that's a matter of supply and demand. If Toronto wasn't so great, no one would want to live there. Then real estate would drop and the city would not continue to grow. Then it would become more affordable.

Toronto has good reason to be 'smug' about how good of a city it is. But if you don't like the hustle of large cities, you will never like Toronto. It's not for everyone.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:43 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torano89 View Post
Toronto is not the most expensive in Canada, Vancouver is. NYC has almost 4 times the population of Toronto so obviously it's GDP would be higher, but in Toronto that dip in GDP goes to free healthcare n almost free education plus toronto is much cleaner than NYC.
Ok..."Free" is not free. It is paid by taxes and government control/regulation. (Not to turn this into a political debate, but just hate it when people use the free. Nothing is free in life).

Old 11-23-2009, 05:44 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biskit View Post
Toronto is great in the summer, but the winters are too cold. Overall it's kinda dull and boring though. I prefer Montreal in the summer over Toronto anytime of the year. I'm a native Chicagoan and lived in Toronto for about 10 years and now live in New York and now can't live anywhere else.
Just curious, why is it dull and boring?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto