Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 12:38 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,713,604 times

Advertisements

Every review/article I read says the same thing about Toyota car, "its good car but its boring". I don't understand what people mean by "fun to drive" or "boring ride". The only "fun" I can think of while driving is good stero system in which case quietness plays a big part so one can listen to music/news better. But surely thats not the main concern.

I want to ask Toyota drivers if u feel bored in your car and what do people mean by blend boring ride
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 05:23 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
Be careful when reading the professional reviews. Most of the professional reviewers, who regularly drive everything, tend to enjoy cars which are more dynamically fun on the road. That can mean many things, but generally it is cars that feel eager to go fast, turn fast, and which communicate what the tires are up to during maneuvers well through the controls.

On the flip side, people who enjoy a smooth, sedate ride tend not to like the very traits that add to the dynamic fun of a vehicle.

At any rate, be sure you drive some vehicles and make up your mind what is fun for you.

Old 02-14-2016, 10:02 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Every car is boring if you are doing 55 on the highway or in stop and go traffic. The only time you will find cars to be fun is on a winding road.

Old 02-14-2016, 12:31 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,560,332 times
Toyotas are a bit underpowered.

Old 02-14-2016, 12:57 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Every review/article I read says the same thing about Toyota car, "its good car but its boring". I don't understand what people mean by "fun to drive" or "boring ride". The only "fun" I can think of while driving is good stero system in which case quietness plays a big part so one can listen to music/news better. But surely thats not the main concern.

I want to ask Toyota drivers if u feel bored in your car and what do people mean by blend boring ride
My 08 Toyota Yaris does everything its supposed to do very nicely, its economical in all respects, very reliable, and makes for a perfect urban daily driver,
Styling? its a modern contemporary car, fun to drive? not sure what that means when it comes to driving around in city traffic.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...s/DSCF1455.jpg
If this is considered boring i 'll take it all day long.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:07 PM

639 posts, read 579,965 times
I've bought many Toyota's in a row, but every time I say I'm going to get something else. They are usually under powered, not to plush, not the most comfortable, lacking in style, Yes I'd say boring, but in the end I always end up with one. As long as there not severely under powered, I can deal with the rest.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:47 PM

1,977 posts, read 6,864,775 times
I have a 2005 Camry and in close to 150K miles it has only needed regular maintenance. It is boring to drive, does not handle very well and brakes are marginal, but when driving 20K miles a year, I really do not need anything exciting. I agree, they are boring A to B appliances. But they also do that very well.

As far as car reviews, I was just looking and Motor Trend has the Volvo as the SUV of year, but I would not want to own one. Sure going to be expensive, maintenance probably not as easy as budget brands and I am sure after 60K miles you are in for nasty electronic issues.

Now, I have bought a newer Hyundai, mostly because they depreciate more than Toyota and I could get a good deal on a CPO. It drives better than the Camry and I hope it is going to be as reliable.

Each person has different needs, budget and expectations. You can not just read reviews and decide what you'll buy.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:48 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times
My main complaint has always been the loose as a goose steering. It's easy to turn but hard to go straight, I feel like I'm constantly over and under correcting to go straight. There's also 1 inch give in the steering before the wheels turn.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:51 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,201,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Then, you haven't driven a 2010 Rav4 V6.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:54 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Then, you haven't driven a 2010 Rav4 V6.
Or an 2002 Solara with the the v6. That is the my daily driver. Flawless with 134,000 miles. While not totally exciting, the leather and heated seats are welcomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion