Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 07:27 PM

650 posts, read 776,154 times

Advertisements

Need to see price and features for 2020 of RAV4, crv and niro hybrid.

People donot buy yet. Or be sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 06:09 PM

7,496 posts, read 7,190,021 times
You might find this interesting.

https://youtu.be/U514cfYPMpc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewin888 View Post
Honda CR-V hybrid is coming.

Which is better ??

Old 11-17-2019, 11:34 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,719,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Consumer Reports:

Lows:

- Fit and Finish, seriously this is a new Toyota right and fit and finish is poor?
- Ride
- Limited AWD functionality, seriously???
Another one using CR as a source. Seriously?

Old 12-01-2019, 04:11 AM

105 posts, read 71,908 times
Quote:
Seems like that is only happening due to cash and low financing incentives, they are also pushing leasing for those that cannot afford the increased prices.

All three of these techniques are used to help move vehicles...and automakers don’t do it unless needed.
Hey Hyundai salesman, you'd know all about subprime financing and incentives, wouldn't you? Since it takes thousands and thousands of dollars on the hood to move the disposable, cheap cars you sell. How is it seeing the cars with Theta II engines you sold three years ago rolling, excuse me, being towed into the shop for engine replacements, while their resale value is approaching 1/4 of what the suckers took out on 96 month loans?

No thanks, went Hyundai twice, burned both times. Will stick to Toyota/Honda/Subaru. The fact that you have nothing better to do than constantly repost a few handpicked quotes from CR about a competitors vehicle (that you deep down wish you were selling) says quite a bit.

Last edited by smc733; 12-01-2019 at 04:23 AM..

Old 12-31-2019, 05:17 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Thru November, the Rav4 is the number 1 selling non-pickup vehicle. It is on par to beat last years numbers. Looks like Toyota has a winner in their new design. Sales are up 4.7% over last year. https://www.marklines.com/en/statist...esfig_usa_2019

Old 12-31-2019, 05:36 PM

Desperate times call for major sales tricks, cash back incentives and below residual value leasing rates. Sure it stirs sales but hurts resale value and does not help the Various problems including:

Lows:

- Fit and Finish, seriously this is a new Toyota right and fit and finish is poor?
- Ride

Old 12-31-2019, 06:12 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:
Desperate times call for major sales tricks, cash back incentives and below residual value leasing rates. Sure it stirs sales but hurts resale value and does not help the Various problems including:

Lows:

- Ride
Once again, apparently no one cares about what consumer reports says about the Rav4. Rav4's are excellent vehicles no matter what you say. Consumers have spoken. Every manufacturer offers cash back and incentives. And I wouldn't say that having the number 1 vehicle outside of pickups means they are desperate for sales.

So since pickup trucks typically have very high incentives, does that mean the big three are desperate for sales?

Old 01-03-2020, 07:54 PM

996 posts, read 379,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Once again, apparently no one cares about what consumer reports says about the Rav4. Rav4's are excellent vehicles no matter what you say. Consumers have spoken. Every manufacturer offers cash back and incentives. And I wouldn't say that having the number 1 vehicle outside of pickups means they are desperate for sales.

So since pickup trucks typically have very high incentives, does that mean the big three are desperate for sales?
Only three vehicles sold in America will outsell the 2019 RAV 4 in America. I just passed 7000 miles on mine.
An incredible state of the art vehicle considering the cost, and what it is capable of. A solid ride, no rattles, fit and finish impeccable . I am getting over 34 MPG on my daily commute to work. A recent 6 inch snowfall was no match, it feels like driving a tank. Absolutely no wheel spin up the rolling hills here in Southern New England. Agile and a joy to drive. Good road feel , and the heated seats and heated steering wheel are pluses.

The Blind Side monitoring system saved me last month when moving from the left to center lane passing a Tractor Trailer on the Interstate. Some Yahoo in a Cherokee with NY plates passed the tractor trailer at high speed from the extreme right lane, and attempted to cut in front into the center lane that I was already halfway through. At 65 MPH, just as I was ready to settle in the lane, the flasher went off. There was a very good chance that without that device, we would have collided.As a former Professional Driver , that situation is always a dangerous one .

I have said before that I have been a loyal customer of Toyota since my first Corolla in 1976. If only my 1978 Corvette was built as good back then. An economy car with a better build factor than a flagship.Go figure .

Since then, I have had other cars, and 10 Toyotas in my family. They are better than ever. Solid and dependable, Hundreds and hundreds of thousands of miles, and only once did one have to be towed. And that was a hole in the radiator.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:20 AM

It's amazing what subsidized leases can do for the RAV4 sales.

Old 02-19-2020, 01:50 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times
Yes, as history has shown us, Toyota suffers from poor resale value. Look at the 4Runner. If you buy one for $40,000 now, you'll only be able to sell it for $38,000 in 10 years. Think of how many Hyundais and Kias you could have bought for $2000. Is it worth it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion