Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 06:28 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
one problem, Jeff Scott Shapiro/reporter in his column wrote a later version, that the housekeeper said Patsy knew where the knife was...I will try to find a link to that recent article.

People keep recanting their stories in this case.
Absolutely. DNA evidence can't lie.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Boulder is a sleepy town, dominated by the university. The small town police probably had no idea what they were getting into. They were in way over their heads. Obviously this is not an excuse.

It was December 26, although I agree that inexperienced or new officers of the BPD were probably assigned to work on that date.

She has, although as you mentioned, she was silenced more than once. Interesting about the source of the pocket knife that was found not far from JBR's body. It's astounding how many different theories there were about the knife. This case has shown how nearly impossible it's become to separate potential fact from fiction. From the Boulder Daily Camera: Ramsey housekeeper doubts intruder theory
They may have been assigned to work, they didn't cover the Ramsey case...moot point.

I don't believe they were in over their head either....they simply failed to follow police procedure, allowing the Ramsey family to pretty much take over.

Everything found near the body belonged to the Ramsey family......wheres the duck tape and broken end of the paint brush??

Old 07-07-2012, 09:47 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

I don't believe they were in over their head either....they simply failed to follow police procedure, allowing the Ramsey family to pretty much take over.
You do wonder what kind of police allow a family to take over? Most crimes like this are committed by family members, the overwhelmings number of them, so why in God's name didn't they control the crime scene?

Old 07-07-2012, 01:30 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
You do wonder what kind of police allow a family to take over? Most crimes like this are committed by family members, the overwhelmings number of them, so why in God's name didn't they control the crime scene?

I think the Ramseys were a "force to be rezoned with." The invited their "friends" over to the house and took over. The police force was a skeleton crew. And they were unaccustomed to handling this sort of crime.

I know the parents were involved - DNA or no DNA.

Who in the world writes "practice ransom notes ?" Three were found in the trash basket!

Old 07-07-2012, 03:36 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
I was astounded to recently read more evidence that the pad from PR had previous impressions of "practice notes"..AND there were 7 pages ripped out with forensic "bleed through" impressions of the very same ransom note.

Pre-meditation, and ease/comfort in the house of at least a few hours. No "intruder" had this means or opportunity.

The very fact that the D.A. had such contempt for the public/ and citizens of Boulder in particular, would be very enraging to me.

A D.A. is supposed to serve for the public, and back up Prosecution of State vs. the accused. An egregious murder is committed in the state of Colorado, whether or not police were inexperienced, the D.A. collects a substantial salary to weigh out FACTS of the case. In a NORMAL police proceeding, the state would speak for the victim (JonBenet).

Esteemed criminal attorney (now deceased) Darnay Hoffman (who prosecuted the infamous case of Joel Steinberg and Hedda Nussbaum in NYC) had written a letter to DA Alex Hunter regarding the JBR case.
darneyhoffman.htm

Hoffman's professional opinion cannot be discounted.

Here's a link to the Steinberg case , as it relates to child abuse, and enabling behaviors in that case.

Joel STEINBERG - Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

Old 07-07-2012, 05:06 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
[/b]

O.M.G.

That is beyond sick.

so was Patsy Ramsey

Old 07-08-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I was astounded to recently read more evidence that the pad from PR had previous impressions of "practice notes"..AND there were 7 pages ripped out with forensic "bleed through" impressions of the very same ransom note.

Pre-meditation, and ease/comfort in the house of at least a few hours. No "intruder" had this means or opportunity.

The very fact that the D.A. had such contempt for the public/ and citizens of Boulder in particular, would be very enraging to me.

A D.A. is supposed to serve for the public, and back up Prosecution of State vs. the accused. An egregious murder is committed in the state of Colorado, whether or not police were inexperienced, the D.A. collects a substantial salary to weigh out FACTS of the case. In a NORMAL police proceeding, the state would speak for the victim (JonBenet).

Esteemed criminal attorney (now deceased) Darnay Hoffman (who prosecuted the infamous case of Joel Steinberg and Hedda Nussbaum in NYC) had written a letter to DA Alex Hunter regarding the JBR case.
darneyhoffman.htm

Hoffman's professional opinion cannot be discounted.

Here's a link to the Steinberg case , as it relates to child abuse, and enabling behaviors in that case.

Joel STEINBERG - Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers
Isn't that pretty incrimatory in itself? Practice ransom notes or any evidence of that. A stranger wouldn't take that risk at all!! And, if psychotic or that mentally disturbed, he/she would have been caught by now. Wouldn't have enough judgement or skills to stay undetected. That takes a calculating mind!

Old 07-08-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I think the Ramseys were a "force to be rezoned with." The invited their "friends" over to the house and took over. The police force was a skeleton crew. And they were unaccustomed to handling this sort of crime.

I know the parents were involved - DNA or no DNA.

Who in the world writes "practice ransom notes ?" Three were found in the trash basket!

Why did the police allow anyone in that crime scene or potential crime scene is beyond me. It was just muddled from the beginning.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
JonBenét Ramsey murder case, an investigative analysis — John did it! — Crime Library on truTV.com

Cyril Wecht Findings from autopsy report... Forensic Pathologist
Cyril Wecht, the famous forensic pathologist, profiled — JonBenet: From Impressions to Book — Crime Library on truTV.com

The official Medical Examiner Autopsy report
JonBenet Ramsey Autopsy Report 12/27/96 - Ramsey Case News Story - KMGH Denver

Contains transcripts of investigative questioning of John Ramsey
JonBenet Ramsey Case Encyclopedia / The Basement

Ransom letter
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...iw=840&bih=331

A scenario of what may have happened to JonBenet
JonBenet Ramsey

New DNA evidence cleared the Ramseys
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07...dna/index.html

Case Re-opended Oct. 2010
Additional interviews to be held for JonBenet Ramsey murder | CU Independent

Questions for JonBenet's brother -- again? - CNN

Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome

The Stun Gun Myth

Experts dispute stun gun theory
Quoted for CA4Now

Old 07-12-2012, 09:25 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
Isn't that pretty incrimatory in itself? Practice ransom notes or any evidence of that. A stranger wouldn't take that risk at all!!And, if psychotic or that mentally disturbed, he/she would have been caught by now. Wouldn't have enough judgement or skills to stay undetected. That takes a calculating mind!
^Exactly.
Or maybe 2 calculating minds, for staging.

Thanks Virgode for the extra links.
Once people read most of them (and realize the debacle and fiasco with Smit and the Defense teams obfuscation). There is only one logical conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime