Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 04:51 PM

297 posts, read 520,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I met a member of that family once. I almost said out loud "What an unfortunate name" . I was glad I didn't when it was later explained to me that it was a family member. What a disgusting crime. I don't think we will ever know for sure what happened to that little girl.
I'm confused. You met a member of the Ramsey family?

Old 10-09-2012, 05:18 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post
I'm confused. You met a member of the Ramsey family?
Yes. Not anyone who was living in the household the night of the crime, but a close relative.

Glad I kept my big mouth shut at the time.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 AM

486 posts, read 560,959 times
Burke......

Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 AM

502 posts, read 985,820 times
It is late in this thread ..... but the family would have no motive in killing the little girl since they were all profiting in one way or another off of her. No sense killing the cash cow.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:51 PM

35 posts, read 71,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Karma got Patsy, John's is still coming.
This kind of sentiment always makes me laugh. Reminds me of that line from "Unforgiven"

"They had it coming."
"Yeah kid, we all got it coming."

Good karma, bad karma, no karma; we all got it coming.....

Personally I think most of the people who believe the parents had something to do with it have some kind of latent fantasy about 'the evil rich people' from watching too many Hollywood movies where the evil rich/business person/ceo, etc, etc, ad nauseum is always some kind of powerful, in-control-of-everything, Machiavellian style bad guy. The truth is probably much more mundane and less romantic than this kind of nonsense. Some little low-rent loser like Ottis O'toole or Henry Lee Lucas is probably laughing his a** off out there somewhere that he did this, got away with and pinned it on someone else....

Last edited by lantenec; 03-03-2013 at 07:00 PM..

Old 03-03-2013, 07:02 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangodog View Post
It is late in this thread ..... but the family would have no motive in killing the little girl since they were all profiting in one way or another off of her. No sense killing the cash cow.
How was JonBenet a cash cow? She wasn't bringing in any money.

You don't make money in kiddie beauty pageants.....just the opposite.....you spend tons of money.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lantenec View Post
This kind of sentiment always makes me laugh. Reminds me of that line from "Unforgiven"

"They had it coming."
"Yeah kid, we all got it coming."

Good karma, bad karma, no karma; we all got it coming.....

Personally I think most of the people who believe the parents had something to do with it have some kind of latent fantasy about 'the evil rich people' from watching too many Hollywood movies where the evil rich/business person/ceo, etc, etc, ad nauseum is always some kind of powerful, in-control-of-everything, Machiavellian style bad guy. The truth is probably much more mundane and less romantic than this kind of nonsense. Some little low-rent loser like Ottis O'toole or Henry Lee Lucas is probably laughing his a** off out there somewhere that he did this, got away with and pinned it on someone else....
Please present a reasonable "intruder" scenario.

BTW, bonus points for working in another "them serfs be hating the rich" argument into a True Crime Forum thread. Maybe the glut of those posts over on the Politics Forum has led to a bit of outsourcing?

Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Every once in a while there will be a case that is an aberation...Eizabeth Smart...Polly Klaus...and a few others...Overwhelmingly in cases where children are abducted from the home or murdered in the home,it is by those closest to them. But even discounting that statistic...just look to the behavior after the fact of the parents in those few cases...they take lie detector tests,speak to police willingly,submit to any and all media requests...poor Eizabeth Smart's father was hospitalized from stress and exhaustion when she went missing...Mark Klaus submitted to every request from lie detector and interogations...if you are innocent you want the police to eliminate you as soon as possible so they can find the real guilty party...How John and Patsy behaved after the crime goes against every parents instinct...this is not some grey area where you can say everyone reacts "differently"...No this is a universal truth that a parent will lay down their life for their missing or murdered child!

Old 03-05-2013, 07:23 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
BTW, bonus points for working in another "them serfs be hating the rich" argument into a True Crime Forum thread. Maybe the glut of those posts over on the Politics Forum has led to a bit of outsourcing?
I happen to agree with that poster, though...there are PAGES on this thread from posters who believe that Patsy Ramsey was guilty simply because she was wealthy and/or attractive.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:28 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
See I think Patsy got away with it...because she was attractive/wealthy...when in the early hours of the investigation they took everything the Ramsey's said as the gospel truth...and totally let the crime scene (Ramsey home and even JonBenet's body)be compromised!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime