Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2012, 11:25 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,879,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman
I just don't think about it ... it's been 15 years and we will never know what really happened to that beautiful child.
I know what cha mean..... When i saw the parents on tv AS CALM AS THEY WERE,i knew something wasnt right with the official story

Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 PM

502 posts, read 987,203 times
Default Darlie Routier of Rowlett, Texas (murder mystery) - People dont talk much about this one anymore....

Darlie Routier is watching TV with her 2 young boys one night in the summer; her husband sleeping peacefully upstairs with a baby boy in their mini mansion. ( He owned a successful computer company ). An alledged intruder takes a kitchen knife (?) and slices a screened window open so he can enter. (?) Then with the same knife, he cuts up Darlie real bad in the neck and wrist but totally mutilates each boy in turn until each boy is absolutely dead. The intruder climbs out of the window afterwards and discards a white sock in the bushes that is drenched in blood. Some how the authorities blame Darlie Routier for the murders. But why would an intruder murder 2 innocent little boys and steal absolutely NOTHING from the house (s)he broke into. Real strange mystery. MOTIVE ?

Old 03-04-2012, 02:16 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,991,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangodog View Post
Darlie Routier is watching TV with her 2 young boys one night in the summer; her husband sleeping peacefully upstairs with a baby boy in their mini mansion. ( He owned a successful computer company ). An alledged intruder takes a kitchen knife (?) and slices a screened window open so he can enter. (?) Then with the same knife, he cuts up Darlie real bad in the neck and wrist but totally mutilates each boy in turn until each boy is absolutely dead. The intruder climbs out of the window afterwards and discards a white sock in the bushes that is drenched in blood. Some how the authorities blame Darlie Routier for the murders. But why would an intruder murder 2 innocent little boys and steal absolutely NOTHING from the house (s)he broke into. Real strange mystery. MOTIVE ?
You should start a thread on this, maybe.
This is a JonBenet thread and you did not make a connection between the two murders. Maybe you are saying that nutty crazed individuals are known to attack children without harming the adults or robbing homes?

Maybe you are implying that in each instance of child murder in which nothing is stolen the parents may be the culprits?

Old 03-05-2012, 07:01 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,072,717 times
Quote:
Yea, parents can and do kill their children for a multitude of reasons.....unfourtunatley for Darlie {who is now on death row I believe}, she didn't get away with it. They had a lot of evidence that proved she did it. I remember when she held a birthday party for one of her boys that she killed at his grave, complete with silly string and balloons. She was all happy and joyful, not a tear in sight. What a cold, evil woman.

Either the Ramseys are innocent, were smarter about leaving evidence, police incompetence and high priced lawyers, whatever.....but the outcomes were completely different.

With Darlie, there is no doubt in my mind that she did it, with the Ramseys I have a lot of doubt.....I have never been able to make up my mind what I think happened in their case.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:42 AM

502 posts, read 987,203 times
Default Darlie Routier Debacle

I would like to start a new thread of my own but cannot figure out how.................................

In the DR Case, these people, this couple seemed to have everything going for them, financially. You can see tons of photos online of a very happy blessed family, traveling all over Colorado and Vacations in the Carribean with these two boys before the tragedy. If they had all this money, why on earth would they kill their own children. It puzzles me, after you see all the happy family photos. If they wanted to get rid of their 2 boys, anyone in the USA would probably be happy to adopt. And her mother in law, I believe, had money and probably would have taken them in. Has anyone considered the Yates Family tragedy in Houston where the mother of 4 wonderful boys, one day, decided to drown each one in turn in the family bath tub and then after drying each one off, placed them in their bed before calling the authorities ? What's up with that ?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:58 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,589,192 times
Quote:

In the DR Case, these people, this couple seemed to have everything going for them, financially. You can see tons of photos online of a very happy blessed family, traveling all over Colorado and Vacations in the Carribean with these two boys before the tragedy. If they had all this money, why on earth would they kill their own children. It puzzles me, after you see all the happy family photos. If they wanted to get rid of their 2 boys, anyone in the USA would probably be happy to adopt. And her mother in law,
I don't see the connection between money and the appearance of having it all and someone who kills.

Money doesn't prevent mental health problems. I googled and found photos, I don't see how her injuries were self inflicted tho.

Last edited by virgode; 03-05-2012 at 09:06 AM..

Old 03-05-2012, 09:18 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,072,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I don't see the connection between money and the appearance of having it all and someone who kills.

Money doesn't prevent mental health problems. I googled and found photos, I don't see how her injuries were self inflicted tho.
You're right......there are many motives to kill.....sometimes no motive.....every case is different.

In the DR case, they were deeply in debt, they were going to lose their extravagant life style.....so that does look like the motive in that case.

In the Yates case, I put most of the blame on the husband, he knew of her mental issues, yet pressured her into having yet another child. Andrea was having severe mental problems and her family just didn't seem to take them seriously. Ya know, the attitude, "Be strong, pray about it, get over it, carry on and do your duty."

Old 03-05-2012, 09:38 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,589,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You're right......there are many motives to kill.....sometimes no motive.....every case is different.

In the DR case, they were deeply in debt, they were going to lose their extravagant life style.....so that does look like the motive in that case.

In the Yates case, I put most of the blame on the husband, he knew of her mental issues, yet pressured her into having yet another child. Andrea was having severe mental problems and her family just didn't seem to take them seriously. Ya know, the attitude, "Be strong, pray about it, get over it, carry on and do your duty."
Thanks Annie...The Andrea Yates case I'm familiar with. Darlie Router, I needed to google. So then, the motivation may have been collecting insurance policy money for the 2 boys?? I'll need to read more.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:37 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,249,744 times
This thread came up as active when I was looking thru the General Forums, and I don't think some of you got the memo that the mother, who is now deceased, was cleared of the murder, as was her husband. The DNA at the scene points to someone else they haven't picked up on yet. Me, I go the path of least resistance, and I recall reading one of the accounts of the whole situation, and across the street a man was renting a downstairs basement apartment, and the account suggested this man should have been investigated, but he was not. That's just one of many things missed by the detectives on the case, one of many mistakes made by the local police, and it is precisely the handling on the first day or two of an investigation that can make or break a case. But this is not an easy thing to do, especially dealing with crime as out-there as they come. I'm just saying... GG

Old 03-05-2012, 12:01 PM

44,658 posts, read 61,714,444 times
The police, the FBI and all other authorities involved have completely ruled out the Ramsey's as being involved in their daughters death. Patsy died just a few months before the final exoneration was made public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime