Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2011, 11:43 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think both the children from the previous marriage had airtight alibis and were ruled out!
Well, seeing as how the daughter was deceased . . . one could definitely rule her out.

The son was right there.

Don't know if you all caught this or not when it happened.

Questions for JonBenet's brother -- again? - CNN

Old 11-30-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
That is good to know. Thank you.

My previous post.....ummm.....nevermind.
I agree with your previous post, tho - if this were my deceased child, I would be pitching a fit, too, if someone were not actively checking all possibilities out on a regular basis.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:51 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I didn't think she was dead at the time...yikes even I will rule her out!As far as the older son I thought a neighbor of the Ramsey's thought they saw the older boy in town but later it was determined the neighbor had his dates wrong and the step brother had an alibi?

Old 11-30-2011, 11:54 AM

Someone had mentioned the "hidden room" JonBenet was found in. I knew that just wasn't right - there was nothing "hidden" about it. It was a wine cellar. However, it was located in the room over from the boiler room, so you would have to walk past that equipment to enter the wine cellar.

This article shows the layout of the house, and also show the window where the intruder gained entry.

The article is also very interesting as it points out some of the "facts of the case" wh/ were not initially released to the public - and disputes some of the findings that the Boulder PD made, which are questionable, at the very least.

This is from the Denver post.

JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case: The Denver Post

Old 11-30-2011, 11:54 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
I didn't think she was dead at the time...yikes even I will rule her out!As far as the older son I thought a neighbor of the Ramsey's thought they saw the older boy in town but later it was determined the neighbor had his dates wrong and the step brother had an alibi?
I'm not talking about Burke...but the son from John's previous marriage...just to be clear...I heard about them wanting to re-interview Burke.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Irish, I believe there was never anything brought up about whether or not he was there - it was always accepted that he was there and simply sound asleep - and therefore knew nothing about anything that had transpired in the house that night.

I think the fact that "no one heard anything" was also something folks found incredulous. However, that house is 4 stories. I went by to see it out of curiosity to just get it in my mind how big it was, b/c it is actually not a "mansion" type house . . . just kind of a rambling home. I found it hard to believe things could occur that no one could hear, but then I am a very very light sleeper and hear stuff even on my deck while at the other side of the house, lol.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about Burke...but the son from John's previous marriage...just to be clear...I heard about them wanting to re-interview Burke.
I am sorry. I misunderstood. You are talking about John Andrew Ramsey, right? If I remember correctly, wasn't he with his mother in Atlanta that night?

Old 11-30-2011, 12:11 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case: The Denver Post

The early evidence seemed to point toward the parents. There was no sign of forced entry into the Ramsey home, no footprints in the snow surrounding it. The rope used to choke JonBenet was tightened with a paintbrush from her mother's hobby kit.

An alleged ransom note (remember, this was first thought to be a kidnapping) was written on a pad of paper from inside the house, and some investigators thought the handwriting looked like Patsy's. It contained details about the family's past and finances that few outside their close circle could have known. And the body was found in a little-used basement room that police didn't even notice at first.

I don't understand why this case hasn't been resolved, doesn't make sense.

The perpetrator had access to the home, they didn't need to slide thru basement windows.

If the reports from Dr Wecht as well as 3 others are correct, they had access to JonBenet for there to be chronic sexual abuse.

Wouldn't the Ramseys know who they'd confided Johns bonus?

Old 11-30-2011, 12:12 PM

Here is a CNN report from 1997, saying John Ramsey's son and daughter from his previous mother were with their mother at the time:

JonBenets siblings ruled out as suspects - CNN

Old 11-30-2011, 12:12 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I am sorry. I misunderstood. You are talking about John Andrew Ramsey, right? If I remember correctly, wasn't he with his mother in Atlanta that night?
Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime