Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2011, 02:08 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Not meaning this in particular for you, Virgode - but just in general to everyone who seems to want to bash Patsy Ramsey. Nothing wrong with asking questions and coming up with scenarios . . . but not necessary to malign people, especially when there is no evidence against them.
Just so you understand...Opinion is not bashing.

Posting you were horrified at the decepetive journalism as the case unfolded would lead one to believe you had some direct line of knowledge as to what took place...that in itself misleads the reader. You chose what you wanted to believe, we all have, we don't know and most likely never will.

I've always been on the side of the Ramsey family. After reading the report Dr Wecht wrote on JonBenets case, in my mind, the family can't be completely eliminated.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:21 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
You gotta be kidding me. Once again, insinuating that John and/or Patsy had something to do with this.

Unbelievable.
Oh I'm not insinuating anything...I'm flatout saying it!

Old 11-28-2011, 08:53 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
You'll have to be forgiving, beliefs are based on what was presented and reported thru the media. That information continously changed depending upon the sources, which you are well aware.
That's why I've always supported gag orders.

If it were up to me, no information about a crime would be released until an arrest had been made, an indictment handed down by a gran or petit jury, a trial date set, and the jury selected.

I've seen way too many innocent people get rail-roaded, law enforcement wasting way too much time chasing false leads based on bogus theories, law enforcement wasting way too much tax money chasing the same false leads, and tainted juries.

With the pre-trial publicity surrounding many of those cases, I don't see how anyone in the US could possibly get a fair trial from an impartial jury that has not be influenced by media hype.

Worse that that, the victims and their families suffer too.

Quote:
As a newspaper and magazine editor you are no more privy to what went on inside that home than the general public.
I take it you've never worked in the media or law enforcement.

Quote:
Evidence is evidence.
And meaningless if not viewed in the proper context.

A murder occurs in an hotel room. Your fingerprints are on the mirror.

Your fingerprints as evidence; what does it prove?

Only that at some point prior to the murder that you were in the same hotel room. It does not prove that you committed the murder, or that you knew the victim, or even that you were in the room at the same time as the victim.

Quote:
You gotta be kidding me. Once again, insinuating that John and/or Patsy had something to do with this.

Unbelievable.
Why is it unbelievable?

Statistically speaking, for the vast overwhelming majority of violent crimes, about 84%, the victim and the perpetrator have a current or previous relationship. That relationship can be anything from familial to professional to social or other. In other words, the victim knows the perpetrator.

When it is a child and the crime takes place in the home, the percentage is even higher.

If John or Patsy didn't do it, then they know who did.

It would be incredibly rare for an intruder who is a total stranger to enter a home, and kill a child on the premises.

It smells like John or Patsy killed her accidentally, perhaps trying to punish or discipline, then tried to cover it up. Why would they do that? Well, that goes back to gag orders. The media has actually created a situation now where people run to their lawyer first, and then to the police, and perhaps rightfully so given the incompetence in many of the law enforcement agencies.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:21 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Just so you understand...Opinion is not bashing.

Posting you were horrified at the decepetive journalism as the case unfolded would lead one to believe you had some direct line of knowledge as to what took place...that in itself misleads the reader. You chose what you wanted to believe, we all have, we don't know and most likely never will.

I've always been on the side of the Ramsey family. After reading the report Dr Wecht wrote on JonBenets case, in my mind, the family can't be completely eliminated.
I did not in any way try to give the impression I had inside info on this case! Good grief.

I was simply saying these types of cases get sensationalized and you know that is true.

Yes, folks can choose what they wish to believe. And that is how rumors and vicious gossip become "fact" in communities.

Dr. Wecht never examined JonBenet Ramsey. Hard to take Wecht seriously after hearing him refer to the "hidden room" in the basement . . . when the basement could be accessed from a window . . . which hardly makes it "hidden" . . . The good doc was looking to make book sales.

The reason it concerns me that folks have "made up their minds" about this (and other cases) . . . is b/c this is what so often happens b/f a trial - and this is why innocent people get convicted for crimes they didn't commit.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:32 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
Oh good grief.

The whole thing about that letter . . . just stop and think about that for even one minute. Do you think a CEO of a corporation would be stupid enough to have (or go along with!) a letter that basically made very little sense and was written on notepad paper from the Ramsey's house? I mean - REALLY?

If you were gonna do something to "throw people off the track" - you wouldn't write a crazy sounding letter to show to police, especially naming an exact amount equivalent to a bonus check as the ransom. HELLO. Even on the surface, anyone could see that was a set up.

You know . . . it makes me wonder how people's minds work to even seize on and accept the outrageous crap that the amateurs at Boulder police dept/DA's office leaked to the public - and was then turned into a circus by the media.

Would YOU be so stupid as to write a letter like that - pages????? - trying to disguise your handwriting - if you had murdered your own child? HELL NO. If you wrote ANYTHING it would be a few words in block letters. Think about that for a moment.

The person who wrote that letter had made himself at home in their house while they were gone. Have you never had someone hide in your house? I HAVE! IT DOES HAPPEN!!!!
really? b/c Patsy was the only one to this day of the family members and others tested who was NEVER cleared of writing the letter based on handwriting samples.

Sounds like you have some homework to do.

it was the very mention of his bonus money that was exactly why they were trying to cast aspersions on his business,

did you even read the note? if you believe it's authenticity then you must believe that an anti-american foreign faction broke into a small computer business owners house in Boulder Colorado and killed his daughter, left the body in a small, out of the way room in the basement and then chilled out and wrote a 3 page "ransom" note with lettering and spacing and indentation amazing like Patsy's handwriting and waited to collect on his bonus for that year.

seriously? do a google search for the note and re-read and tell me you believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

A murder occurs in an hotel room. Your fingerprints are on the mirror.

Your fingerprints as evidence; what does it prove?

Only that at some point prior to the murder that you were in the same hotel room. It does not prove that you committed the murder, or that you knew the victim, or even that you were in the room at the same time as the victim.

Why is it unbelievable?

Statistically speaking, for the vast overwhelming majority of violent crimes, about 84%, the victim and the perpetrator have a current or previous relationship. That relationship can be anything from familial to professional to social or other. In other words, the victim knows the perpetrator.

When it is a child and the crime takes place in the home, the percentage is even higher.

If John or Patsy didn't do it, then they know who did.

It would be incredibly rare for an intruder who is a total stranger to enter a home, and kill a child on the premises.

It smells like John or Patsy killed her accidentally, perhaps trying to punish or discipline, then tried to cover it up. Why would they do that? Well, that goes back to gag orders. The media has actually created a situation now where people run to their lawyer first, and then to the police, and perhaps rightfully so given the incompetence in many of the law enforcement agencies.
if one of your immediate family members was killed you'd be a suspect until cleared for precisely that very reason, most violent crimes are committed by those who know the victim in some way, the Mr. Stranger Danger is so overblown, it's all over these stupid t.v. shows but in reality Mr. SD is like only 10% of the cases.

at a minimum they are guilty of a cover up, at a minimum.

if they didn't have a hand in it they know who did and covered it up for them.

she was a bedwetter, there were bed sheets of hers in the dryer found by police. Maybe Patsy snapped.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Dr. Wecht never examined JonBenet Ramsey. Hard to take Wecht seriously after hearing him refer to the "hidden room" in the basement . . . when the basement could be accessed from a window . . . which hardly makes it "hidden" . . . The good doc was looking to make book sales

JonBenet was found in a small hidden room within the basement.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's why I've always supported gag orders.

If it were up to me, no information about a crime would be released until an arrest had been made, an indictment handed down by a gran or petit jury, a trial date set, and the jury selected.

I've seen way too many innocent people get rail-roaded, law enforcement wasting way too much time chasing false leads based on bogus theories, law enforcement wasting way too much tax money chasing the same false leads, and tainted juries.

With the pre-trial publicity surrounding many of those cases, I don't see how anyone in the US could possibly get a fair trial from an impartial jury that has not be influenced by media hype.

Worse that that, the victims and their families suffer to.

With this I agree..

Old 11-29-2011, 08:11 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
really? b/c Patsy was the only one to this day of the family members and others tested who was NEVER cleared of writing the letter based on handwriting samples.

Sounds like you have some homework to do.

it was the very mention of his bonus money that was exactly why they were trying to cast aspersions on his business,

did you even read the note? if you believe it's authenticity then you must believe that an anti-american foreign faction broke into a small computer business owners house in Boulder Colorado and killed his daughter, left the body in a small, out of the way room in the basement and then chilled out and wrote a 3 page "ransom" note with lettering and spacing and indentation amazing like Patsy's handwriting and waited to collect on his bonus for that year.

seriously? do a google search for the note and re-read and tell me you believe it.
The note was written by a person/people w/ an IQ under 100 who thought they could puff it up to look like larger organization had a hand in it. Or if their IQs are over 100, then they were seriously delusional or on drugs at the time they wrote it.

I can't believe anyone would take it any other way.

Reminds me more of what a nutball employee (or his/her spouse) would write. Or a bunch of kids on a lark under the influence of drugs (or simply mentally ill, delusional psychotic, whatever).

None of us has any special knowledge about this case. But I would HOPE folks would at least use some common sense in sorting out the absurd from the obvious.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:

Reminds me more of what a nutball employee (or his/her spouse) would write.
Precisely. You said it. There shouldn't be any question why one would assume Patsy Ramsey wrote the note/letter, even if that assumption is false.

Or are you saying this was a husband /wife team the family knew? Now thats really grasping at straws.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:37 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
I think there's a 3 prong problem with a stranger/intruder idea. First, the ransom note was very long--the longest one the FBI had seen I think. Common sense would dictate no one would risk being caught in the very house their kidnapping someone to write such a long "document." It doesn't make sense. A predator wouldn't be comfortable doing that. Even given that as a possibility, it would be a few terse sentences at most. Get in and get out quickly.
Second, if you go to so much time and trouble to write such a long note, then why not take the kid away and wait for the money? That was the very purpose of the letter. Doesn't make sense and isn't logical.
Third, why kill the child there, amongst their very family and home where you could be caught, along with the reason you just wrote the note was to get the "ransom"?
The FBI/CASKU agreed it was staged. Why would all of them all come to this conclusion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime