Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:43 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times

Advertisements

Not always, the PO's here are having the parolees doing it one day a week, because they can't find jobs. Their belief is that doing any work is better than none, and is part of the rehabilitation process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 09:46 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
She has to get a job or go to trade school or college full time if it's negotiated that way. You're not going to see her in an orange vest on the side of the road, that's typically convicts on work release transitioning back into society when you see them.
No, your not likely to see her in that orange vest, but I'm sure there are people out there a few fries short of a happy meal that would LOVE to see her standing on the side of the road while they are driving down it at 55 mph.

{ my hands were sweaty and the wheel just slipped officer, there was nothing I could do....} lol

Old 08-12-2011, 10:22 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
No, your not likely to see her in that orange vest, but I'm sure there are people out there a few fries short of a happy meal that would LOVE to see her standing on the side of the road while they are driving down it at 55 mph.

{ my hands were sweaty and the wheel just slipped officer, there was nothing I could do....} lol
You got that right......I give her 3 months and she's violated for something or another. One of the more interesting aspects of probation is the law can show up anytime and search away w/o a warrant. If I were in her shoes I think I'd just violate on purpose right away, she's probably actually safer behind bars until public anger cools down.

In any event, I'd wish they would just get her out of FL all together, she's cost us taxpayers enough money already, let her be Alaska's problem for awhile.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:32 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Not always, the PO's here are having the parolees doing it one day a week, because they can't find jobs. Their belief is that doing any work is better than none, and is part of the rehabilitation process.
I saw a bunch of county inmates in my neighborhood for a whole week a couple of months ago picking up trash roadside.....I don't like it, they can see my lawn equipment and statues, get em outta here, rehabilitate them somewhere else.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:19 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
NIMBY? No doubt, that is what the people of Orlando think about Casey Anthony...

Old 08-12-2011, 11:58 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Jose Baez confirms to News 13 that he will appeal the ruling. Baez will have to request a stay, to keep Anthony from having to serve out her probation while the appeal is considered by the 5th District Appeals Court in Daytona Beach.

He will probably file tomorrow ... he can't let go of his cash cow right now. It's not on the Appeals Court's website yet.

Florida's Fifth District Court of Appeal

Perhaps the probation can be transferred to Pinellas County!

Old 08-13-2011, 12:08 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Jose Baez confirms to News 13 that he will appeal the ruling. Baez will have to request a stay, to keep Anthony from having to serve out her probation while the appeal is considered by the 5th District Appeals Court in Daytona Beach.

He will probably file tomorrow ... he can't let go of his cash cow right now. It's not on the Appeals Court's website yet.

Florida's Fifth District Court of Appeal

Perhaps the probation can be transferred to Pinellas County!
Yes and perhaps she can achieve gainful employment by babysitting for the jurors and their families!!!

Old 08-13-2011, 01:35 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,928,823 times
Woop Deee Doooooooo...........

Old 08-13-2011, 05:15 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Mason's office can hire her, but will they be so stupid to do so. I don't think they are getting too many new clients with the public's outrage and with Casey there for an entire year they might loose more money.

In the end it all comes down to the money....they are not sure if she even will get the big pay check from any news channel and even if she gets it than Morgan & Morgan and others are waiting to get their share...with clients not calling them it might hurt them too much and Mason might flip off another person before the end of the day..

Nice publicity stunt...I think that Baez and Mason didn't expect Casey to deal with the probabtion and now have a real issue on their hands...Now it is not shopping around for a deal but staying away from bad publicity...not all publicity is good publicity when it comes to Case.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:17 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yes and perhaps she can achieve gainful employment by babysitting for the jurors and their families!!!
Wow, that is a great idea but they don't live in Orange County...

They will find her a nice job, there is always some crazy attention graving person who wants their 15 min. of fame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime