Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 10:51 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,174,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
He obviously didn't do that because he was still on the phone w/ Rachel when George came up behind him.

Trayvon had gotten to the back of the townhomes, the path, at the end of which was his own back door, it's been described as the length of a football field. His intention he expressed to Rachel was to lose George........George getting out of his car obviously wasn't anticipated by Trayvon....George made that escalating decision, not a normal rational person would make. Trayvon was still on the phone when he told Rachel that George had come up right behind him.

Personally, I think lots of people would be fearful of someone following them, especially up close after they had been watched for blocks and followed in a car, not just children. Your discounting a fear does not relieve George of the responsibilities of his actions.
Like the prosecutor pointed out....this started with George, it was escalated by George and culminated with George's actions. Hard to defend the indefensible. The jury may not see George's aggressive following as reasonable.

I see George's words as only part of my reasoning for not believing him....I also weigh George's actions. I do not believe George's words, or his story...they conflict. I believe he has no remorse at all. That is demonstrated by his Hannity interview, and his stone cold face in the court room.
He is too afraid to roll down his window and simply say to Trayvon...I'm neighborhood watch...Do you live here...But, not too afraid to follow him....There are several conflicts between George's words and his actions.

This area, where Trayvon died; was in the territory GZ was watching. He was trying to keep the neighborhood a safer neighborhood. He had good intentions - with no malice. Just listen to his neighbors - they testified for him.

He had right to follow anybody in that area. Trayvon had no protection order from GZ. Go into any car dealership and you will eventually end up with a tail. How dare a salesman come up and ask you if they can help! You don't respond to a salesperson by smacking them in the face and beating their head on a sidewalk.

By the way; the talking heads keep talking about the three possible outcomes. But they are not mentioning a hung jury. If this case gets retried; possibly more of TM's background could come into evidence.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:55 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,214,360 times
Quote:
He obviously didn't do that because he was still on the phone w/ Rachel when George came up behind him.

Trayvon had gotten to the back of the townhomes, the path, at the end of which was his own back door, it's been described as the length of a football field. His intention he expressed to Rachel was to lose George........George getting out of his car obviously wasn't anticipated by Trayvon....George made that escalating decision, not a normal rational person would make. Trayvon was still on the phone when he told Rachel that George had come up right behind him.

Personally, I think lots of people would be fearful of someone following them, especially up close after they had been watched for blocks and followed in a car, not just children. Your discounting a fear does not relieve George of the responsibilities of his actions.
Like the prosecutor pointed out....this started with George, it was escalated by George and culminated with George's actions. Hard to defend the indefensible. The jury may not see George's aggressive following as reasonable.

I see George's words as only part of my reasoning for not believing him....I also weigh George's actions. I do not believe George's words, or his story...they conflict. I believe he has no remorse at all. That is demonstrated by his Hannity interview, and his stone cold face in the court room.
He is too afraid to roll down his window and simply say to Trayvon...I'm neighborhood watch...Do you live here...But, not too afraid to follow him....There are several conflicts between George's words and his actions.
Your last sentence taps into my thinking on this.

I say Zimmerman is guilty. I think he lied about being the one calling for help. He said Martin had a hand over his mouth and nose and he couldn't breathe. Well, then how could Zimmerman scream like the voice on the tape? Nope, he's a liar. I think he's a condo commando who stalked Martin because he didn't like the way Martin looked (OMG! Black kid in a hoodie!), deliberately ignored police directions to go home, tracked Martin like a hunter tracks prey, got in Martin's face, and when the kid tried to defend himself, shot him in cold blood. The screaming stopped instantly when the gun went off. That was not Zimmerman screaming. It was not self-defense. It was murder. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This area, where Trayvon died; was in the territory GZ was watching. He was trying to keep the neighborhood a safer neighborhood. He had good intentions - with no malice. Just listen to his neighbors - they testified for him.

He had right to follow anybody in that area. Trayvon had no protection order from GZ. Go into any car dealership and you will eventually end up with a tail. How dare a salesman come up and ask you if they can help! You don't respond to a salesperson by smacking them in the face and beating their head on a sidewalk.

By the way; the talking heads keep talking about the three possible outcomes. But they are not mentioning a hung jury. If this case gets retried; possibly more of TM's background could come into evidence.
Then why did Zimmerman say he had to get his bearings and that was why he got out of the car? Is he expecting people to believe that a neighborhood watchman who did regular patrols of the neighborhood didn't know where he was? Nope. More subterfuge and dishonesty.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:02 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,242,726 times
Quote:

I hardly think comparing shooting a teen in the heart compares to a car salesman, who is trying to sell you a car. And, remember...George did not come up and identify himself to Trayvon. Glaring differences...
No one clarified George's actions better than Prosecutor John Guy in his closing statement...George made that fateful decision when he told the dispatcher..."Have the officers call me, and I'll tell them where I am"...He was not going back to his car...George had made up his mind, this one wasn't getting away.....
The jury will decide. I can live with whatever their decision is.

Last edited by JanND; 07-13-2013 at 11:12 AM..

Old 07-13-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Then why did Zimmerman say he had to get his bearings and that was why he got out of the car? Is he expecting people to believe that a neighborhood watchman who did regular patrols of the neighborhood didn't know where he was? Nope. More subterfuge and dishonesty.
Have you ever been through what GZ went though? I would imagine that you would be a little disoriented.

As far as truthfulness, if the shoe was on the other foot; do you think Trayvon would have answered every question truthfully? Did Trayvon tell his father he was going out to smoke a joint - I don't think so. I think that we heard that his mother never heard about the jewelry? I also don't think he showed his parents his web activity.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I hardly think comparing shooting a teen in the heart compares to a car salesman, who is trying to sell you a car. And, remember...George did not come up and identify himself to Trayvon. Glaring differences...
No one clarified George's actions better than Prosecutor John Guy in his closing statement...George made that fateful decision when he told the dispatcher..."Have the officers call me, and I'll tell them where I am"...He was not going back to his car...George had made up his mind, this one wasn't getting away.....
It is the same - somebody stops you and asks you if they can help or what are you doing. You don't have the right to physically assault them. You can say that it is none of your business or ignore them - but you don't hit them.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:19 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,242,726 times
Quote:
It is the same - somebody stops you and asks you if they can help or what are you doing. You don't have the right to physically assault them. You can say that it is none of your business or ignore them - but you don't hit them.
Hmm. Kind of like the store clerk had just helped Trayvon when he bought his skittles and juice.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Hmm. Kind of like the store clerk had just helped Trayvon when he bought his skittles and juice.
Yes.

Here is one other problem for the prosecution: Angela Corey Fires Ben Kruidbos – The “Whistleblower” in The Trayvon Phone Data Cover-up in The Zimmerman Case (We also Outline The Cover-up) | The Last Refuge

Old 07-13-2013, 11:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
I will add, my daughter lives in the Orlando area and tells me, most of those she knows think Zimmerman should walk free. yes, he might be a hot head, he is one actually or appears to be one, he might also be "a wanna be cop" but none of this or any of the evidence points to his guilt of murder or manslaughter beyond a reasonable doubt. This doesn't mean he will walk, no one ever knows what a jury will do, but from appearances he should walk.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:16 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,392,821 times
Wow! This is interesting reading. How many people ended up being fired in this whole Zimmerman debacle? The chief of police in Sanford, this guy above, there has really been an agenda here. The more I read, the more doubt I have about the integrity of this entire situation.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:20 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,214,360 times
Quote:
Have you ever been through what GZ went though?
No, I have not. I have never followed people in my car, I have never tracked people through my neighborhood and snuck up behind them, I have never disobeyed a police request to stay out of something and let them handle it, and I have never lied to a jury under oath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime