Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 01:45 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,968,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
justNancy,

Many of us do not and will not follow in our parents footsteps. Just because your parents worked in the judicial system does not mean that you will work in the judicial system.
Of course, but that's not what I meant. If you go back to the quote to which I was responding, I was referring to his prior charges. IIRC, someone wrote that his 2 felony charges were reduced to misdemeanors and I mentioned both parents worked for many years in the judicial system. This was discussed last year so I won't elaborate too much except to say that (a) it's possible that a retired judge's son got a few breaks and (b) GZ has a lot more knowledge about interrogations, making statements, evidence, etc. than someone who didn't grow up with 2 parents who worked in the courts. Now we're learning he also studied criminal law.

I really don't want to dwell on this, since so many hundreds of posts were written last year, but GZ was ordered to take anger management classes and people here are writing as if he's a sweet, shy man who had a bad night when he met up with a tough teenager from Miami Gardens. Did you see Zimmerman's MySpace page? He's no angel. Both of them sound like wannabe tough guys, but only one of them was carrying a gun that unfortunate night.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,968,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
I had missed a lot of testimony. I've heard a few references to this Jimmy tool. Exactly what was found, and who testified to it?
It is so irrelevant I can't even begin to explain who, what, where. We are talking about a community with over 500 townhouses. There had been some break-ins in earlier months. A small tool that might or might not be used to pry open a window was found in a shrub several days after the shooting. It wasn't near or on the victim's body. Nobody was robbed that night. To say it isn't evidence is an understatement. I'm not sure why the prosecution didn't object to this line of questioning.

[URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57591978-504083/george-zimmerman-trial-chris-serino-lead-detective-in-case-of-trayvon-martin-killing-takes-stand-again-tuesday/"]SOURCE[/URL]
"Responding to a question from de la Rionda, Serino said that there was no evidence that Martin was committing a crime that evening. O'Mara asked him whether he knew that for sure, referencing a burglary tool that was found in bushes near the crime scene about five or six days following the shooting."

Serino said the tool was "a device used to go ahead and jimmy locks, on vehicles primarily."

"It's not particularly tied to this case, but it was there, wasn't it?" O'Mara asked.

"Yes it was," Serino replied.

Serino finished his testimony Tuesday morning but was subject to being re-called.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:36 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,821,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Of course, but that's not what I meant. If you go back to the quote to which I was responding, I was referring to his prior charges. IIRC, someone wrote that his 2 felony charges were reduced to misdemeanors and I mentioned both parents worked for many years in the judicial system. This was discussed last year so I won't elaborate too much except to say that (a) it's possible that a retired judge's son got a few breaks and (b) GZ has a lot more knowledge about interrogations, making statements, evidence, etc. than someone who didn't grow up with 2 parents who worked in the courts. Now we're learning he also studied criminal law.

I really don't want to dwell on this, since so many hundreds of posts were written last year, but GZ was ordered to take anger management classes and people here are writing as if he's a sweet, shy man who had a bad night when he met up with a tough teenager from Miami Gardens. Did you see Zimmerman's MySpace page? He's no angel. Both of them sound like wannabe tough guys, but only one of them was carrying a gun that unfortunate night.
Listen to the full, complete 911call and you get the full story...not the small pieces they play on HNL and are edited so you can hear what they want you to hear....

Old 07-04-2013, 02:45 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,400,925 times
I think I've listened to just about every full tape they had, from the initial interview on. Quite an investment (waste) of time. But it was enlightening going from the tapes and interviews to the exact maps and testimony. Not exactly a match. I've gotten busier with family stuff, and keeping the rain out. Hesitant to spend too much time posting on threads that will be deleted, and most details never debated anyways. No point in wasting time writing notes to myself

I am surprised the launched the slim jim stuff, which was not pertinent to anything in this case, but allowed. I just heard a few people using it as Ah Ha moments, so I thought I'd ask.

I was just looking at Francis Taaffe stuff.
While I don't think GZ is a racist, Frank sure is. He's a whack job. Mean drunk more like it.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:40 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,667,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
I think I've listened to just about every full tape they had, from the initial interview on. Quite an investment (waste) of time. But it was enlightening going from the tapes and interviews to the exact maps and testimony. Not exactly a match. I've gotten busier with family stuff, and keeping the rain out. Hesitant to spend too much time posting on threads that will be deleted, and most details never debated anyways. No point in wasting time writing notes to myself

I am surprised the launched the slim jim stuff, which was not pertinent to anything in this case, but allowed. I just heard a few people using it as Ah Ha moments, so I thought I'd ask.

I was just looking at Francis Taaffe stuff.
While I don't think GZ is a racist, Frank sure is. He's a whack job. Mean drunk more like it.
The so-called slim jim was a piece of metal awning.

I totally agree with you about Frank. When he comes on the tv, I MUTE it. Don't even want to hear what he has to say...don't even NEED to hear it to know what he's saying.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:58 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,697,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Listen to the full, complete 911call and you get the full story...not the small pieces they play on HNL and are edited so you can hear what they want you to hear....
You're whistling in the wind, good buddy.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,697,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Huh?? If you think this has anything to do with the case, there's no point in discussing it with you.

He was visiting his father. Are you saying if his mother wanted his Dad to spend some time with his son, he had to be living in an upscale neighborhood? George Zimmerman was renting a townhouse in the same community, so are you saying he shouldn't have lived there either? I need to stop now because I'm getting a headache.
Then don't.

BTW, it has everything to do with the case. His mother SENT him to Sanford.

Thank you.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:06 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,343,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Then don't.

BTW, it has everything to do with the case. His mother SENT him to Sanford.

Thank you.
To be with his father, why does that seem so abnormal to you? Is it because he has one or the fact that he was murdered while visiting him? If he was being sent to a reform school you would have an arguement, but he was'nt.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't know either. For one, just because injuries on the skin overlying the skull look superficial, does not mean that there was no closed head injury. For another, he didn't go to the doctor until the next day and it is NORMAL and right for a doctor not to put sutures in if not seen right away. That is called letting it heal by secondary intention, because putting sutures in a day later could cause the wound to become infected. Third, the scalp tissue overlying the skull is very thin, so often they wouldn't put sutures in anyway. Feel your scalp. There is really not much there to suture if it's cut. It's not fleshy and doesn't have the thicker subcutaneous issue that you have in other areas that WOULD be sutured.

I hope the defense calls an expert or experts who will bring up the things I mention above. It is absolutely ridiculous the things she said. Furthermore, she is a MEDICAL EXAMINER. When she examines bodies, they aren't needing any type of repair because they are dead. So why call a MEDICAL EXAMINER to comment on non-fatal injuries and make a determination as to their significance? Wouldn't that be better done by a neurologist or neurosurgeon who could comment on head injuries, and/or a trauma surgeon who could speak to the possible impact(s) that caused those specific injuries? You can have NO visible injuries on the head and die from a traumatic brain injury. Even I can see that GZ injuries were not caused from one blow. Why would Dr. Rao say they were?

I am also sick of the television pundits who IGNORE the testimony and just run with railroading George. Like yesterday George's professor said that stand your ground WAS NOT in the textbook for his class that George took and that they had talked about the Castle Doctrine, which stand your ground was adapted from, and that in class he probably didn't specifically mention stand your ground by that name; that "stand your ground" is a nickname. So then last night the pundits get on TV and start talking about how GZ lied to Sean Hannity. THEY IGNORED THE TESTIMONY!!

God. We have GZ trying to work on the side of GOOD, trying to work and go to school and has ambitions to work in law enforcement and everyone is running him into the ground. And then we have Trayvon Martin who was a thug/druggie/troublemaker with apparently no ambitions and everyone runs to his defense. It's ridiculous.
You actually believe that crap? Trayvon was a wannabe thug as zimmerman was a wannabe cop, the difference is that zimmerman was the one with the gun. If you believe assaulting a woman and police is on the side of good it is no wonder why this country is so jacked up in the first place. Apparently you missed the point entirely since it was the "good man" zimmerman who had a criminal record and Trayvon did not. Btw, if smoking cannabis makes one a "druggie" that makes pretty much over half the country one as well. One more thing, I noticed that you failed to mention the fact that the "good man" zimmerman had temper issues and was on meds as well. I guess that you feel that anyone child could get killed without any consequences based solely on the word of their killer and should be released on their word alone. I wonder if you would feel the same way if it was your child?

Old 07-04-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
That's what happens when government is infiltrated by "special interest groups" that pass laws to advance one race over the other based solely on skin color.

Especially when they are pitted against one another because of an assinine gun law that was never made completely clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime