Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 11:09 AM

499 posts, read 589,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by equineluvr View Post
My first inclination was to chime in here that this was just a "typo," or rather an omission of a zero. However, when I clicked onto the link I noticed that this "mistake" occurred more than once, which reduces that possibility.

I am guessing that the stats differ because different criteria are used, i.e., the lower figure (~2,000) is Newtown proper and the higher figure (~20,000) includes the surrounding region.

That said, there are countless "anomalies" associated with the Newtown shooting that clearly paint a hinky picture. The thing stinks like a rotten fish!

School security expert (and former cop) Wolfgang Halbig KNOWS something is very wrong here!

"Halbig is not your average conspiracy theorist. In fact he’s not one at all.
He’s a former educator and law enforcement officer who now contracts out as a national school safety consultant.
His job is to help schools prevent incidents like the one that unfolded in Newtown. In order to do that, he needs to know exactly what happened at Sandy Hook.
'How do I tell people how to make their school safer when we don’t even have the truth about Sandy Hook? asked a frustrated Halbig. 'See, there is a nexus, I do this for a living.'
But school, state and federal officials aren’t making his job easy, and the state’s even threatened him for meddling in their affairs."

» School Shooting Expert Threatened Over Sandy Hook Investigation Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
I've never heard of Alex Jones or this so-called "expert" Halbig until I clicked your link. It took me about 10 minutes to blow a huge hole in his argument. Halbig states that only MDs can pronounce death in CT, that is NOT true. All I had to do was Google "Who can pronounce death in Connecticut" and on the very first page, I had my answer. This guy spent 10 months investigating? Either he is complete B.S. or he really sucks at his job!

Halbig states,
“Who declared all those 26 people dead within the first 11 minutes? Connecticut law states that only a doctor can declare them dead, legally dead.”
If Mr Hebig had bothered to actually read the C.T. state law, he would have found out that EMS personnel, paramedics, police officers and even RNs (under certain circumstances) can all pronounce death. I know this is the law because as a homecare hospice RN, I have pronounce patients myself.

Many unanswered questions center around access to victims and timely emergency medical treatment. Helbig really dropped the ball here too. Here is an excerpt from the State of Connecticut EMS Policy and Procedure Manual: Guidelines for Withholding CPR. If I found it, Helbig should've found it. It provides specific instruction regarding the protocols used to withhold or withdraw resuscitation efforts (lifesaving treatment) in the field.
"All clinically dead patients will receive all available resuscitative measures including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) unless contraindicated by one of the exceptions defined below. A clinically dead patient is defined as any unresponsive patient found without respirations and without a palpable carotid pulse.

Procedure:
The following conditions are the ONLY exceptions to initiating and maintaining resuscitative measures in the field on a clinically dead patient:
1. Traumatic injury or body condition clearly indicating biological death (irreversible brain death), limited to:
a. Decapitation: the complete severing of the head from the remainder of the patient’s body.
b. Decomposition or putrefaction: the skin is bloated or ruptured, with or without soft tissue sloughed off, or there is the odor of decaying flesh. The presence of at least one of these signs indicated death occurred at least 24 hours
c. Transection of the torso: the body is completely cut across below the shoulders and above the hips through all major organs and vessels. The spinal column may or may not be severed.
d. Incineration: ninety percent of body surface area full thickness burns as exhibited by ash rather than clothing and complete absence of body hair with charred skin.
e. Dependent lividity with rigor: when clothing is removed, there is a clear demarcation of pooled blood within the body, and major joints are immovable."

http://www.ctemscouncils.org/downloa...Guidelines.pdf

The first personnel who arrived at the scene most likely found scenerio 1.a. or 1.c. or a combination. This is why there were no "trauma helicopters" called in. (Halbig contacted Lifestar, but didn't bother to look up the guidelines used to summon them?) This is why EMS personnel were not allowed immediate access to the scene. (fear of a second gunman also caused a delay). This is why parents were not allowed in to identify their children. This is why all of the funerals were closed casket. You see where I'm going with this? I mean - you conspiracy theorists question comb through every detail of the investigators reports looking for inconsistencies, but you'll take what a guy like Halbig says at face value?

Paramedics were eventually allowed in to pronounce death and count the number of victims. Police Warned Newtown Paramedics, 'This Will Be the Worst Day of Your Life' Mobile

Seriously, I've said enough. If you can't see that this guy is total B.S., I feel sorry for you. This guy is trying to attract attention and make a name for himself. He's looking for his 15 minutes of fame and you are giving it to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 12:43 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,440,643 times
I can't imagine the sheer obtuseness of people who can't understand why parents weren't "allowed" to identify their children's bodies on the scene. "Hi there, I hear your kid just got murdered by a rampaging psychopath. As if that weren't traumatic enough, would you mind terribly walking into a room heaping with dead children including your own whose blood, organs, and brains are splattered all over the room and many of whom are disfigured beyond human recognition? That'd be really handy for us. Thanks!"

Idiots.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:54 PM

4,762 posts, read 796,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I can't imagine the sheer obtuseness of people who can't understand why parents weren't "allowed" to identify their children's bodies on the scene. "Hi there, I hear your kid just got murdered by a rampaging psychopath. As if that weren't traumatic enough, would you mind terribly walking into a room heaping with dead children including your own whose blood, organs, and brains are splattered all over the room and many of whom are disfigured beyond human recognition? That'd be really handy for us. Thanks!"

Idiots.
Just because the site was gruesome, doesn't meant there isn't protocol to be followed when it comes to identification of a murder victim by next of kin. I can tell you this from personal experience; my cousin lost his 18-year-old son in a high-speed motorcycle accident in Florida. He was thrown from the motorcycle and his body was badly disfigured from the impact, yet his father was still notified and had to fly down and identify the body.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:35 AM

88,885 posts, read 85,359,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC1024 View Post
Just because the site was gruesome, doesn't meant there isn't protocol to be followed when it comes to identification of a murder victim by next of kin. I can tell you this from personal experience; my cousin lost his 18-year-old son in a high-speed motorcycle accident in Florida. He was thrown from the motorcycle and his body was badly disfigured from the impact, yet his father was still notified and had to fly down and identify the body.
That's tragic, but it's still pretty far from what was on the scene in Newtown.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:00 AM

13,417 posts, read 28,812,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I agree that victims are normally identified at the medical examiner's office, not the crime scene. That didn't happen though. The families were not permitted to come into to contact with their children's bodies to ID them. The bodies were identified through photographs which is highly unusual, to say the least.

The victims' bodies were also left at the crime scene overnight as opposed to being transported to the hospital which would have been the proper protocol.
Not the least bit unusual

Old 03-27-2014, 08:41 AM

4,762 posts, read 796,317 times
The fact that the bodies were identified through photographs is something that has never been corroborated by any of the victims' parents. In every interview I've read or seen, the parents were told to sign in at the firehouse, and wait until all the other families and their children were reunited, and those who were left in the back room at the end, without their children, heard the sad news from Governor Malloy. None of them ever mentioned being presented with a photograph, or having to carry a photograph to show an investigator - at least not on the day of the shooting.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:54 AM

13,417 posts, read 28,812,928 times
Why can't people just accept that this was done by a very disturbed young adult individual and not some huge conspiracy?

Adam Lanza more than likely should have been locked away in a treatment facility years ago.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:55 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,824,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Not the least bit unusual

Yes it is actually. It's extremely unusual. Bodies are identified at the morgue, in person.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:56 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,824,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Why can't people just accept that this was done by a very disturbed young adult individual and not some huge conspiracy?

Adam Lanza more than likely should have been locked away in a treatment facility years ago.
Because, the evidence does not support the official narrative.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:15 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,120,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC1024 View Post
The fact that the bodies were identified through photographs is something that has never been corroborated by any of the victims' parents.

So have you asked them and they said "no they didn't see a photograph"? Is anyone (other than you) debating that this happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime