Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 09:18 AM

13,430 posts, read 28,837,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Yes it is actually. It's extremely unusual. Bodies are identified at the morgue, in person.
many times the morgue uses photos to spare the person making the identification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Because, the evidence does not support the official narrative.
And what evidence do all the arm chair sleuths have that doesn't support the official narrative?

Old 03-27-2014, 09:52 AM

499 posts, read 590,412 times
Quote:
Yes it is actually. It's extremely unusual. Bodies are identified at the morgue, in person.
Absolutely not true - In New York City, identification of deceased is done by photograph only. The picture of the deceased is taken at the ME's office and is of the face only (with an occasional pic of a mark such as a tattoo or scar). Read for yourself:

Office of Chief Medical Examiner - Frequently Asked Questions

Old 03-27-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
Absolutely not true - In New York City, identification of deceased is done by photograph only. The picture of the deceased is taken at the ME's office and is of the face only (with an occasional pic of a mark such as a tattoo or scar). Read for yourself:

Office of Chief Medical Examiner - Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you.

I would assume, not having read all the official details down to the tiniest, that a majority if not all of the identification was done by DNA as photos would had to of been to gruesome to view

Last edited by njkate; 03-27-2014 at 10:15 AM..

Old 03-27-2014, 10:07 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,756,999 times
The OP gives a lot of information but not a source for where he got it. OP: Is this just stuff you heard or read? Or did you actually research every last detail of what you posted? If so, you should have proof of your research. If that's the case, bring it to the media. I'm sure some media outlet would be interested in your findings.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
The OP gives a lot of information but not a source for where he got it. OP: Is this just stuff you heard or read? Or did you actually research every last detail of what you posted? If so, you should have proof of your research. If that's the case, bring it to the media. I'm sure some media outlet would be interested in your findings.
Exactly. Without research and links to back it up this boils down to merely the posters opinion/theory.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:42 PM

8,221 posts, read 7,589,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC1024 View Post
He was in Baltimore, Maryland when he received the phone call. He had to fly to the scene of the accident, not jump in his car and drive a few miles.
I don't believe your cousin had to fly to "the scene of the accident". To get from Baltimore to Florida (what part of Florida?) takes many hours by commercial jet, and I highly doubt the police would have kept his son's mangled body lying in a ditch or wherever, just so your cousin could come out and identify him.

I'm sorry for your cousin's loss. But think about how you are picking apart a few small details of an immense tragedy and then think about how you present the details of your own story.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:48 PM

993 posts, read 1,567,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC1024 View Post
Just because the site was gruesome, doesn't meant there isn't protocol to be followed when it comes to identification of a murder victim by next of kin. I can tell you this from personal experience; my cousin lost his 18-year-old son in a high-speed motorcycle accident in Florida. He was thrown from the motorcycle and his body was badly disfigured from the impact, yet his father was still notified and had to fly down and identify the body.
Oh, really? So the emergency responders left your cousin's son's badly mangled body on the road while they waited for your cousin to fly down to Florida? Either your cousin has a personal jet he can hop in at a moments notice, Baltimore-to-Florida flights (and booking a last minute flight, going through the airport, getting transportation at the destination) are SUPER fast and efficient, you've confused the facts, or you're lying. OR you've given us further proof that Florida law is whack as hell.

Can't we just accept the facts of this tragedy, and move on? Why not use all this energy you've spent trying to prove your conspiracy theory instead helping find a solution to prevent mass shootings in the future? I know it's hard to accept that there are people out there who could walk up into a school/mall/movie theatre/public gathering and shoot as many people as they can, but those people really do exist. And we really haven't found a foolproof way to stop those people before their intended acts of violence occur.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:57 PM

7,352 posts, read 11,817,099 times
Quote:
weird, here is another source putting the population at less then 2,000. Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

I wonder why there be such a large discrepancy between sources?
It's not that hard! Did you ever play "operator" at a kids' birthday party? Information distorts as you pass it along. And if everyone is looking up the information at different websites, basic things like the population of the town are going to vary wildly. Someone mistakenly adds a zero to the population figure here, someone quotes an outdated figure there, and bango -- more wrong information goes out to the public.

I don't think it's significant that nobody saw fit to release photos of the crime scenes or the bodies, personally. It was all police property and part of an open criminal investigation -- they are not about to hand out copies to the press. That would also be inviting lawsuits from outraged family members. Closed caskets for the same reason. They didn't want the paparazzi publishing photos of the poor kids and their teachers laiud out in their funeral togs, with their heads wrapped in bandages, for the cover of People. There's nothing sinister in showing a little respect for the feelings of the families.

Last edited by Yac; 09-07-2018 at 07:27 AM..

Old 03-27-2014, 01:07 PM

499 posts, read 590,412 times
A lot of the "unanswered questions" that OP lists are copied verbatim from this article:
» School Shooting Expert Threatened Over Sandy Hook Investigation Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

This "school shooting expert" is the guy who claims to have spent 10 months investigating. I don't understand why he did not spend 10 minutes and check the most basic of information, like EMS protocols/policy and procedures, or CT state laws for pronouncement of death, next of kin notification, victim identification, etc. But I already answered quite a few of his "unanswered questions" in one of my previous posts. Here is another mysterious unanswered question that I found the answer to in about 10 seconds.

Why did they tear down the school?

Newtown Panel: Tear Down Sandy Hook Elementary School, Rebuild
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime