Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 09:06 AM

4,762 posts, read 793,001 times

Advertisements

Some members have requested, in the thread concerning Peter Lanza's interview with The New Yorker, that we move discussion of the inconsistencies in the media's narrative of the events of December 14, 2012 to a separate thread. So, I'd like to open a more detailed discussion of those inconsistencies here.

First of all, I suggest we avoid use of the phrase "conspiracy theory". That phrase is used by the mainstream media to marginalize and discredit anyone who questions its narrative of any historical event. It is just an empty buzzword, devoid of any meaning whatsoever.

The mainstream media would like us, the American people to believe that, on the morning of Friday, December 14, 2012, an emotionally disturbed 20-year-old man by the name of Adam Lanza shot and killed his mother, Nancy, and then drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School, where he shot and killed twenty children and six women, before committing suicide.

On the surface, that may be true. Yet, a closer analysis of the details surrounding this incident reveals that many of them are extremely unlikely, if not altogether logically impossible:

1) Despite all the interviews published by the media of the victims' parents, there is one detail that is always missing: how were they notified of the incident? They always say that they "heard of the shooting", but never "I got a call from Officer X" or "my neighbor Y told me". There is never a named individual who first told them what happened, and suggested they go to the school.

2) We were told that because the school was labeled as a crime scene, the parents were forbidden from seeing their children's bodies. This seems very suspicious, as all homicide victims are normally identified by their next of kin before being transported to the medical examiner's office. Law enforcement claimed this was done so as not to "contaminate" the crime scene, but if the perpetrator was already dead and could not be brought to justice, what evidence needed to be protected from "contamination"?

3) No parent ever questioned the law enforcement's decision to forbid them from viewing the bodies.

4) No photograph was ever released of the crime scene or the bodies.

5) No video surveillance camera captured footage of Adam Lanza entering the school with weapons, of the children being evacuated, or of the bodies being carried out for medical examination.

6) We were told that there was no camera in place on the morning of December 14, but there had been prior to the shooting. Initially, the media reported that Adam Lanza had visited Sandy Hook on December 13, and had an altercation with four staff members. If the camera was working on December 13, why was this altercation not captured on video?

7) Every child's funeral was held with a closed casket, with one exception, Noah Pozner; in his case, only his eyes were made visible.

8) Video surveillance footage from the rear of the school shows a number of unidentified people being chased on foot by police, before the chase simply stops. Who are they, and what was their relation to the case?

9) We were told that the surviving students and staff were reunited with their families at the Newtown fire station. Newtown is a city with a population of 20,000, much like my own town of Somers, NY, just 30 miles away. I don't know the exact size of the Newtown firehouse, but I think it's safe to assume it's relatively the same size as the Somers one. Sandy Hook had 480 students, most of which lived with both their parents. That's 960 people, not to mention other relatives that may have also shown up. Add the 70 staff members, with one next of kin each, and you've got 1,100 people. It would be logistically impossible to fit this many people in a small town firehouse. Where are the pictures of them being jammed in the firehouse like sardines?

10) According to the press conference held on Saturday, December 15 with medical examiner Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the victims were identified by showing a photograph of their body to their next of kin. Yet, no parent has ever corroborated this detail. Every parent interviewed has unanimously stated that he/she was told to wait in the back of the firehouse after signing in, and after all the parents who had been reunited with their children had left, the remaining parents were told the horrifying news by Governor Dannel Malloy that there were no more survivors. No mention of Dr. Carver, no mention of a photograph.

11) The only photograph showing the children being evacuated from Sandy Hook was actually taken during a fire drill on October 17, 2012. No photograph of evacuation from December 14 was ever released.

12) In October 2012, the Connecticut state legislature passed a bill forbidding the release of photographs of pediatric autopsies.

13) The ratio of wounded to dead is far out of normal statistical range. Only two victims claimed to have been wounded, and 26 were killed - a 93% kill ratio. Even among the most experienced marksmen, the odds of shooting and killing a human target with such accuracy and precision is remarkable. Adam Lanza's few Sunday afternoons at the shooting range with Mom, as the media would like us to believe, wouldn't have trained him to this extent.

14) There is no record of Adam Lanza or Nancy Lanza having joined any shooting range in Connecticut. State law requires all shooting range participants to be registered.

15) Of the two victims who claimed to have been wounded, one was never identified. The other, Natalie Hammond, has no record of ever having been employed by the Sandy Hook school district.

16) The adult victim most often referenced by the media, Victoria Soto, also has a very sparse record of employment in the education field. The only other reference to her having been a teacher dates to 2007, the year in which she would have graduated college (assuming her alleged DOB of 11/4/85 is accurate).

17) There is no date of birth of record for alleged victim Lauren Rousseau, other than "sometime in June of 1982 or 1983".

18) There are conflicting dates of birth for alleged victim Grace McDonnell, including 11/4/05 (exactly 20 years after Victoria Soto, and curiously, the date of Barack Obama's election) and 12/4/05. There are also conflicting dates of birth for alleged victim Daniel Barden, 9/25/05 and 9/27/05.

19) There is no Social Security Number on record for alleged victim Ana Marquez-Greene.

20) No rescue efforts were made to save any possible injured victims. EMS were told not to go inside, because the victims were all dead. This is a complete violation of protocol. In any mass casualty, EMS is required to transport victims to the hospital, where next of kin is notified and efforts are made to save their lives. The children were not transported to Danbury Hospital, as the police had arranged, but rather died in the school. Neither the police nor EMS have the authority to pronounce anyone dead, yet this is precisely what happened here.

21) No survivor ever saw Adam Lanza, other than school nurse Sally Cox, whose account has a number of inconsistencies. In one interview, she made eye contact with him, but in another, all she saw were his feet as she hid under her desk. This same woman, who has been a resident of Newtown for 23 years, and employed by the school district for the last 15, claimed that Nancy Lanza was "the best kindergarten teacher you'd ever meet." Nancy Lanza never taught one day of kindergarten in her life.

22) There are conflicting reports about which classes the murdered children belonged to. We have never seen a class list or roster of the children in both classes that Adam Lanza allegedly shot his way into, along with an itemization of who survived and who didn't.

23) The family of a child who was allegedly shot in the foot has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the state of Connecticut for its failure to protect her from the gunfire. This child has never been named.

24) Children who were interviewed consistently said that the gunfire sounded like the janitor knocking down tables. There is quite a difference between the sound of a cafeteria table being unfolded and the shot of a rifle.

25) Parents of the victims behaved in a very strange manner after their children's deaths. Emilie Parker's father gave an interview the following day (Saturday), and Noah Pozner's mother got a tattoo in her son's memory. On Sunday, Grace and Christopher McDonnell appeared on the Anderson Cooper show. Anyone who loses a family member (even an elderly one who has been sick for a long time, let alone a six-year-old who dies suddenly and tragically) knows that the days immediately following the death are extremely hectic. Having to make funeral arrangements, preparing for distant relative to fly in from other parts of the country, and even having a few minutes to grieve your loss in private doesn't leave much time to be going down to New York City and having a CNN interview.

26) It seems as if all the victims' parents arrived at the school in casual attire. Newtown is an affluent city, where you would expect the parents to be at work when they were notified of the incident. Yet none of them showed up in suits and ties. They looked like they had been spending a Saturday afternoon at home eating Doritos.

27) Only around half of the victims were born in Connecticut. A disproportionate number were transplants from other states who had moved to "New-town" immediately prior to their deaths.

28) The ages of the parents interviewed don't seem to be typical of those of a six-year-old. Many of them were in their mid- to late 40's, or 50 altogether.

29) All the victims were first graders, so, under Connecticut law, they should have all been born in 2006; in Connecticut public schools, children enter kindergarten in September of the calendar year in which they have their fifth birthday. Yet, four of the victims (Daniel Barden, Chase Kowalski, Grace McDonnell and Josephine Gay) were born in 2005. It's possible that they could have been held back a year for learning disabilities, but none of their parents claim this was the case; although Josephine Gay's mother stated that her daughter had a learning disability, there is no mention of her having started school late due to it.

30) There is no record of the individual who cleaned up the blood left behind in the school. The large quantity of blood that was shed (or any quantity, for that matter) would pose a biohazard risk due to the possible presence of HIV.

I have many, many more points to bring up for discussion but this should be a good start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 09:22 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
One thing that I noticed recently. Newtown was said to have a population close to 20,000 but according to city data, the population was actually less then 2,000. //www.city-data.com/city/Newtown-Connecticut.html

I haven't looked at your whole post yet, Steve, but I found this to be a very big discrepancy.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:28 AM

4,762 posts, read 793,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
One thing that I noticed recently. Newtown was said to have a population close to 20,000 but according to city data, the population was actually less then 2,000. //www.city-data.com/city/Newtown-Connecticut.html
Even more reason that it would be hard to fit 960 people (48% of the whole town's population!) in the firehouse.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:41 AM

weird, here is another source putting the population at less then 2,000. Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

I wonder why there be such a large discrepancy between sources?

Last edited by Yac; 09-07-2018 at 07:27 AM..

Old 03-24-2014, 02:25 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,122,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC1024 View Post
2) We were told that because the school was labeled as a crime scene, the parents were forbidden from seeing their children's bodies. This seems very suspicious, as all homicide victims are normally identified by their next of kin before being transported to the medical examiner's office. Law enforcement claimed this was done so as not to "contaminate" the crime scene, but if the perpetrator was already dead and could not be brought to justice, what evidence needed to be protected from "contamination"?
Victims are NORMALLY identified at the medical examiner's office, unless the family happened to be at the crime scene. Family members are never encouraged to go to the crime scene and often times prohibited.

And, they still needed to do an investigation to make sure that the person they thought was the perpetrator was actually the killer.

Do you suggest they not do a proper investigation because it looks like they know who committed the crime, and he's already dead?

Old 03-24-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Victims are NORMALLY identified at the medical examiner's office, unless the family happened to be at the crime scene. Family members are never encouraged to go to the crime scene and often times prohibited.

And, they still needed to do an investigation to make sure that the person they thought was the perpetrator was actually the killer.

Do you suggest they not do a proper investigation because it looks like they know who committed the crime, and he's already dead?

I agree that victims are normally identified at the medical examiner's office, not the crime scene. That didn't happen though. The families were not permitted to come into to contact with their children's bodies to ID them. The bodies were identified through photographs which is highly unusual, to say the least.

The victims' bodies were also left at the crime scene overnight as opposed to being transported to the hospital which would have been the proper protocol.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:36 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
December 14, 2012: What really happened?
A sick and disturbed individual killed his mother and then shot up a school full of kids killing many of them too, [MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-29-2014 at 06:55 AM..

Old 03-24-2014, 03:59 PM

8,071 posts, read 7,432,678 times
Quote:
7) Every child's funeral was held with a closed casket, with one exception, Noah Pozner; in his case, only his eyes were made visible.
What do you expect? These tiny children were shot in the head!

Quote:
13) The ratio of wounded to dead is far out of normal statistical range. Only two victims claimed to have been wounded, and 26 were killed - a 93% kill ratio. Even among the most experienced marksmen, the odds of shooting and killing a human target with such accuracy and precision is remarkable. Adam Lanza's few Sunday afternoons at the shooting range with Mom, as the media would like us to believe, wouldn't have trained him to this extent.
26 killed, but way more than 26 shots fired. Keep in mind you are talking about 6 year old kids who have no idea what is happening. They were not soldiers on a battlefield or bank robbers.

Quote:
24) Children who were interviewed consistently said that the gunfire sounded like the janitor knocking down tables. There is quite a difference between the sound of a cafeteria table being unfolded and the shot of a rifle.
How are normal school children supposed to know what a rifle fired inside a school building sounds like? The human mind, even the adult mind, tries to figure things out and the kids' only point of reference for that sound was the janitor knocking down tables.

Quote:
25) Parents of the victims behaved in a very strange manner after their children's deaths. Emilie Parker's father gave an interview the following day (Saturday), and Noah Pozner's mother got a tattoo in her son's memory. On Sunday, Grace and Christopher McDonnell appeared on the Anderson Cooper show. Anyone who loses a family member (even an elderly one who has been sick for a long time, let alone a six-year-old who dies suddenly and tragically) knows that the days immediately following the death are extremely hectic. Having to make funeral arrangements, preparing for distant relative to fly in from other parts of the country, and even having a few minutes to grieve your loss in private doesn't leave much time to be going down to New York City and having a CNN interview.
Everyone handles situations differently. You don't know how these parents act when the cameras are off.

Quote:
26) It seems as if all the victims' parents arrived at the school in casual attire. Newtown is an affluent city, where you would expect the parents to be at work when they were notified of the incident. Yet none of them showed up in suits and ties. They looked like they had been spending a Saturday afternoon at home eating Doritos.
I work at a white collar job in an affluent town, and I am the rare individual who wears a tie to work and that's only once or twice a week.

Quote:
27) Only around half of the victims were born in Connecticut. A disproportionate number were transplants from other states who had moved to "New-town" immediately prior to their deaths.
Where I live many kids were born out of the area. As a baseball coach I had to collect birth certificates from players and I was surprised at how many were non-local. Connecticut is a small state, and Fairfield county borders on New York so it's not surprising that may kids were born elsewhere.

Quote:
28) The ages of the parents interviewed don't seem to be typical of those of a six-year-old. Many of them were in their mid- to late 40's, or 50 altogether.
You said it yourself: affluent town. When my youngest was in 1st grade my wife and I were both 44.

SteveC, you seem to have plenty of time on your hands. I hope I have given you some things to think about. Good luck figuring all this out.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:09 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post

I haven't looked at your whole post yet, Steve, but I found this to be a very big discrepancy.
And you think a population of 2,000 people could provide 456 students for an elementary school?
Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-24-2014, 07:31 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
And you think a population of 2,000 people could provide 456 students for an elementary school?
Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Or a high school with 1700+?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newtown...chools#Schools
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime