Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 10:05 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,510,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
According to my DVR guide there was a new episode like 3 weeks ago. Whether or not it really was "new" or was the first time it had been on, the guide listed the episode as "new"
I have an antenna, and I get local stations and the big 3 (CBS,NBC,ABC). Last week the local NBC station showed, in my online guide for antenna programming, Adele in Concert and stated "New". It turned out to be the same show of her concert in New York promoting her new album "25" that was shown twice last November.

It was new all right, new this year? new this month? new this date? Ding, ding, ding, it's all 3! I win!

It's all a game.

Forensic Files: First Episode date April 21, 1996

Final Episode date June 17, 2011

Old 05-15-2016, 05:04 PM

280 posts, read 339,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I know which your speaking of. Barn, husband inside, kerosene lamp or container catches fire, right.
That one is a tough one.
Yes, that's the one!

It boils either down to a very coincidental and freakish accident OR very well planned murder with a bit of luck.

I reckon if anything to me it looked liked it was pre-planned...the fact that she locked herself in I think was a bit sus. Secondly, a lot of the "against" it facts are very iffy to me, like interpreting how fire spreads - based fire experts it can be very subjective. The second biggest point they did on Forensic Files was showing how she prayed/showed remorse in the questing room after the detectives left, I reckon any good actress can do this...

However, I guess with any murder cases if there is reasonable doubt, you do get away with it...

Old 05-17-2016, 07:10 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,773,252 times
Last night I saw a real creepy show. A 19 year old guy had his father, mother, and sister killed so he could inherit the whole 8 million dollars. But most inheritance killings are a guy killing his wife or vice versa. But to imagine a sibling doing that to his family. I guess the old saying goes 'trust no one'.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:15 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,510,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
Last night I saw a real creepy show. A 19 year old guy had his father, mother, and sister killed so he could inherit the whole 8 million dollars. But most inheritance killings are a guy killing his wife or vice versa. But to imagine a sibling doing that to his family. I guess the old saying goes 'trust no one'.
I know exactly which crime you are talking about here. Alibi of being at his gf's family's for Easter, hired his college friend for the hit, his folks and sister were gone for the weekend, came home Sunday and were ambushed. Father pilot of his own plane, I believe he owned the airport or plane company. Spoiled little rich kid. I forget their names but would know it as soon as I heard it. Father or son named Dale.

Unless this is a different story, I know there is more than one that are similar.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I know exactly which crime you are talking about here. Alibi of being at his gf's family's for Easter, hired his college friend for the hit, his folks and sister were gone for the weekend, came home Sunday and were ambushed. Father pilot of his own plane, I believe he owned the airport or plane company. Spoiled little rich kid. I forget their names but would know it as soon as I heard it. Father or son named Dale.

Unless this is a different story, I know there is more than one that are similar.
same story. Kids name was Dana and I think the last name was Ewell. Yes his father made a million selling air planes.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:08 AM

how about 'LAPD-life on the beat'? I like it but I depend on captions because I can't understand what they say unless I turn the TV way up and then the neighbors get pissed off. I still watch it anyway because its mostly a visual experience and one can gain all the true meaning without their words.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:20 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,558,235 times
We can't stand the LAPD show, sorry Nickerman. I do wish they'd contract the 'Cops' show though, I'd love to see those reruns.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:14 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I have an antenna, and I get local stations and the big 3 (CBS,NBC,ABC). Last week the local NBC station showed, in my online guide for antenna programming, Adele in Concert and stated "New". It turned out to be the same show of her concert in New York promoting her new album "25" that was shown twice last November.

It was new all right, new this year? new this month? new this date? Ding, ding, ding, it's all 3! I win!

It's all a game.

Forensic Files: First Episode date April 21, 1996

Final Episode date June 17, 2011
Many of these programs are bought and aired by different networks/channels, and become 'new' to that channel, hence the 'new' listing. A big share of the new Justice Channel programs are re-runs from the old Court TV/True TV network.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:54 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,074,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
same story. Kids name was Dana and I think the last name was Ewell. Yes his father made a million selling air planes.

You are correct nickerman.
Dana Ewell, sister Tiffany, don't remember Mom's or Dad's name.
Wonder how those boys are all doing in prison?......

BTW Happened in my home town.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:43 PM

510 posts, read 716,794 times
Sometimes I wonder if they wrap it up a little too neatly. I bet there is often evidence that just isn't clear cut, but maybe they don't show those cases.

I do HIV testing and counseling and when it is a "court order" I purposely try not to find out why the alleged crime is. Better to interact with people professionally and leave one's opinion out of it. I wonder if the forensic scientists try to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime