Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 04:20 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,868,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I've watched every episode several times, so many times in fact that I'm actually bored with it! I love the show. It has been broadcasted under a few different names; Body of Evidence being the most recent I think.

Forensic Files and Body of Evidence are two different shows.

The latter features Dayle Hinman (a very good profiler) doing her thing and coordinating a team to re-examine cold cases. Forensics may or may not be the focus of a particular case, as it always is in FF.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:42 PM

44,664 posts, read 61,759,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Forensic Files and Body of Evidence are two different shows.

The latter features Dayle Hinman (a very good profiler) doing her thing and coordinating a team to re-examine cold cases. Forensics may or may not be the focus of a particular case, as it always is in FF.
You are correct, I've watched both series, they're different.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:40 AM

427 posts, read 501,437 times
When I watch TV it's Forensic Files. I love that show.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:44 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,690,323 times
HLN shows repeats but newer ones are from I.D channel. Some of them are interesting while others are boring.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:20 PM

280 posts, read 340,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwtm View Post
Sometimes I wonder if they wrap it up a little too neatly. I bet there is often evidence that just isn't clear cut, but maybe they don't show those cases.

I do HIV testing and counseling and when it is a "court order" I purposely try not to find out why the alleged crime is. Better to interact with people professionally and leave one's opinion out of it. I wonder if the forensic scientists try to do that.
The episodes are well produced, edited and packaged as we all know but done so well it's almost saying life is stranger than fiction.

Personally I find the fire barn episode as mentioned and the still cold case file of Edna Posey as my "favourite" episodes.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:44 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,778,814 times
As I get deeper into the book 'A Rose for her Grave' by Ann Rule it gets creepier and creepier. Now that Randy Roth drowned a mother of two young boys for insurance money. I haven't reached the end of the book but why not the death penalty for that guy?

Old 06-10-2016, 01:48 PM

245 posts, read 305,508 times
I'm totally addicted to those programs but I'm afraid I've seen them all! What are your favorites? Like Paula Zahn the best, my DH likes the Keith Morrisey ones on Dateline.
It would be fun to be one of those armchair detectives and solve crimes on the internet. I hear there is a database of missing people and ordinary people like us spend hours going over them to try to help. Kind of nice.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:19 PM

137 posts, read 95,521 times
i've watched most of them. forensic files/medical detectives and austalian crime investigation are the best of the bunch imo.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:16 PM

2,525 posts, read 2,084,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Exactly.

I watch this show, but the re-enactments are hard to watch--mother and two daughters tossed alive into the ocean with cement blocks around their ankles, mom and baby murdered by perv in his parents' store, elderly widows beaten to death in their own homes...

I saw one just yesterday in which a young FL woman was grabbed as she was returning to her apartment after doing laundry. She was tortured, robbed, etc. by two guys while another one watched and plugged his ears so he wouldn't have to hear her screams and pleas for the 12 minutes it took two men to strangle her. After dumping the body, they all went out for breakfast.

One died on death row of cancer, one accomplice got life in prison, and the witness-accomplice got 15 yrs, reduced to five. Two yrs after his release, he was back in prison (for a sex offense), where he died at 37.

Re: the mother and daughters being thrown overboard so horrifically ...reminds of the Hawks, wife and husband who were selling their boat. And that little guy from Power Rangers ? schemed and plotted with others to steal his boat. It's all so chilling, they were alive, tied to the anchor, and over they went.

On the show it was said that he was wanting to remove his p----s now that he's in prison. Go figure.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:06 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,944,570 times
Its a great show. Much better than most of the crime shows. Short and to the point, not full of family victims sharing their feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime