Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2016, 12:50 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
It does. Theres a dramatic style in her writing, her personality can't be disguised.
Yes there is, Virgode.

There is a large body of knowledge that states that average women write longer letters, texts, and posts -than women do.This isn't rocket science. It is well known by most everyone who has studied human behavior -foe what ever reason.

I discerned that two City Data posters were women, not men, despite their masculine monikers - on the basis of their verbose posts.

Patsy is dramatic. More dramatic than most people - male or female. And her ransom note reflected this.

John Ramsey should have stood up to his wife. But then, I am conferring human emotions on John Ramsey.

And, I should not be doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 01:15 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,474,937 times
Patsy Ramsey wrote that note and it was obvious to police. The reason why the crime was never solved was due to how it was handled initially. If the police secured the crime scene when they first arrived they would have got to the bottom of this. No kidnapper wrote that note. It is like something from an Agatha Christie novel and not what a real criminal would write. If you look at everything together it all points to the killer being from inside that house. The thing is some people will go to great lengths to protect their image. It happens over and over again in a lot of murder cases. Why do some people murder their spouses instead of just getting a divorce? In a case here in Australia now a man murdered his 12 year old step-daughter to protect his 19 year old son who was abusing her.

There is so much staging in the Ramsey case and it only makes sense when you know it is to deflect and this is why the ransom note was written as well. All the items were from inside the house and that ransom note is one of the most bizarre things ever. The ransom note alone is enough evidence of a cover up but everything about this case is a cover up. No one is going to spend that amount of time in a house and leave no evidence. Even the ransom note was written with a pen and on paper from the Ramseys. The only foreign dna was the touch dna which doesn't prove anything because it was only using 4 markers and any new item of clothing will have touch dna. This is why the touch dna is misleading.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:23 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
I laid out earlier how it could be written by a male. When you compare Patsy's made-up examples that she wrote for police (assuming I'm looking at official examples), then the personalities are basically identical between Patsy and the note. So if I read the note as if Patsy wrote it, the interpretation has a lot of hidden hatred toward John. "Grow a brain" and "don't try to outsmart us." That's where I'm getting it from.

So if all three are smart enough to pull this off, how are they too stupid to not notice that JBR was still alive before strangling her? Who had the medical training to know she wouldn't recover? I can't rule out a coverup, but I'd be more inclined to think that whatever happened to her, psychically, was done by one person. To decide to "finish her off" makes no sense.
Patsy probably DID have some hatred towards John. People later said that they didn't have too great a marriage and might even have been headed for divorce. This doesn't PROVE anything, just another part of the circumstantial evidence. Anyway, what she wrote was also probably part of her strategy to make it look like the killing was by someone who hated John, giving a motive for taking his child. It was easy for her to come up with some hostile wording because she felt that way herself.

Not realizing that a nearly dead child is, indeed, dead does not make anyone stupid. It's been said that the blow to the head would have killed her and she was brain dead. Even experts have taken a body to the morgue only to find out later that the person really was alive. Probably a few people have been buried alive due to appearing to be dead in all ways. So for two non medical people to think she was dead would not be surprising. They did not "finish her off." They knew she was dead (she would have been dead anyway, as it turns out.) They simply didn't want Burke to be seen as the killer so they made up a crime scene consisting of a mystery person who strangled her. John grabbed anything handy and made a fake garrotte--unnecessary, of course. It was staging.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:59 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,034,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Eight hours later there will probably be rigor mortis. One hour, probably not.

I've picked up pets in rigor and you can definitely tell even with a body as small as a cat. Carrying her up those steps it's hard to understand how he didn't feel her body stiff and ungiving.
I believe it was Arndt who said the body already had the faint odor of decay.

Having been around my share of them, dead bodies do start to swell and smell rapidly. Considering she was in the basement in the dead of winter and John being a layman where bodies are concerned, he might not have noticed, but the rigor mortis should have been a dead giveaway.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:01 AM

189 posts, read 166,848 times
First post,I have read many (but not all) pages of JBR III, though only a few of JBR IV, I confess, but it's hard to wait until reading 200 pages of posts to throw in your two cents when there's so much to comment on. I endeavor not to step on anyone's toes or speak out of turn, but I've never entirely managed to not do so in any other forum I've joined, so I can't promise anything here other than I will try my best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Patsy Ramsey wrote that note and it was obvious to police. The reason why the crime was never solved was due to how it was handled initially. If the police secured the crime scene when they first arrived they would have got to the bottom of this. No kidnapper wrote that note. It is like something from an Agatha Christie novel and not what a real criminal would write. If you look at everything together it all points to the killer being from inside that house. The thing is some people will go to great lengths to protect their image. It happens over and over again in a lot of murder cases. Why do some people murder their spouses instead of just getting a divorce? In a case here in Australia now a man murdered his 12 year old step-daughter to protect his 19 year old son who was abusing her.

There is so much staging in the Ramsey case and it only makes sense when you know it is to deflect and this is why the ransom note was written as well. All the items were from inside the house and that ransom note is one of the most bizarre things ever. The ransom note alone is enough evidence of a cover up but everything about this case is a cover up. No one is going to spend that amount of time in a house and leave no evidence. Even the ransom note was written with a pen and on paper from the Ramseys. The only foreign dna was the touch dna which doesn't prove anything because it was only using 4 markers and any new item of clothing will have touch dna. This is why the touch dna is misleading.
The problem with using our own analysis and logic on the ransom note to prove the PDI theory is that virtually everyone who does so in forums like this is not an expert in any significant way, so their conclusions are usually entirely subjective, which is prone to being influenced by the conclusion they've already reached. Meanwhile, at least six certified handwriting experts hired by BPD or DA's office concluded it was highly unlikely Patsy Ramsey wrote the note (as stated in the Carnes decision, all of those experts put Patsy at 4.0 to 4.5 out of 5.0, 5.0 being totally eliminated). People latch onto "she could not be eliminated" and make the giant leap to "Ah-HA! I KNEW she wrote it!", not acknowledging the simple fact that these qualified experts, hired by the people who desperately want to nail the Ramseys to the wall, concluded that it's 80% to 90% certain that she DID NOT write the note. Did NOT. 80%-90%. I would like to respectfully ask what expertise you have in this field that renders the unanimous opinion of these experts irrelevant?
JonBenet Ramsey Case Encyclopedia / Patsy Ramsey as RN Author

Last edited by meibomius; 09-26-2016 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: Okay, newbie moment, how do you put links in on this board?

Old 09-26-2016, 05:10 AM

3,535 posts, read 3,736,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Not realizing that a nearly dead child is, indeed, dead does not make anyone stupid. It's been said that the blow to the head would have killed her and she was brain dead. Even experts have taken a body to the morgue only to find out later that the person really was alive. Probably a few people have been buried alive due to appearing to be dead in all ways. So for two non medical people to think she was dead would not be surprising. They did not "finish her off." They knew she was dead (she would have been dead anyway, as it turns out.) They simply didn't want Burke to be seen as the killer so they made up a crime scene consisting of a mystery person who strangled her. John grabbed anything handy and made a fake garrotte--unnecessary, of course. It was staging.
The garroting step is entirely unnecessary for a staged kidnapping. More so when it's the cause of death.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:18 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
He's a software engineer.

Am wondering how anyone who is as "disturbed," as so many people apprently think he is, made it through Purdue with a degree in engineering.
There's a lot of ways to graduate and not be qualified. Maybe that's his case, maybe it's not.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloominOnion View Post
He actually reminds me a lot of James Holmes. (the Batman theatre shooter). He even has the signature frog voice.
He reminded me of pictures of that kook Adam Lanza. They have similar vacant strange big eyes.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:26 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
I don't know how the mucus would get there if it wasn't on her nose (fully or partially). On the ID special, (Which is not CBS), Mary Lacy said Karr knew three things not publicly knew at the time. One, she was wearing a bracelet. The other was the nose mucus on the tape. The last I forgot, but posted here or in the third thread.
That her panties read "Wednesday".

Old 09-26-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes! It should be on their family crest!

I tried to correct what I wrote - I believe 10 and 11. i.e. I KNOW who did it, and it was Burke. It makes perfect sense.

I will add that I think Burke had more issues than I could have imagined. I know people who have autism spectrum children. None are violent. Or anything like Burke.

There were other diagnoses that Burke had and still has in addition to his mild autism (previously called "Asperger's Syndrome) He also appears to be sociopath. And a malignant narcissist.

Because of his sisters beauty and success in pageants, and the attention that she attracted, Burke was "narcissisticly deflated" or "empty". His sister annoyed him. Far more than younger siblings usually annoy older siblings. He knew he was rich and not like other kids.He reveled in it. Although they both attended public school, Burke felt like a big shot.

And in a way he was. He probably had more money and a more luxurious house than most of the other boys in his school. After watching the video tapes, I can say that Burke was the type of child that generally annoys other boys. A little too slick, sure of himself yet in need of validation, a show off, a braggart, and slightly effeminate. ( I am NOT being homophobic - just writing what I have observed. In addition, not all gay men are effeminate) I know nothing of his sexuality. Except that he is 30, wealthy, not bad looking, and was never married. It appears as though he does not have a significant other.

But his girlishness persists.

And why not? Look at how his mother dressed him.

There are photographs of Burke where it appears he is wearing lipstick and mascara! Has anyone noticed this? I am sure that Burke did not want to wear make up. This was PRs little psychodrama.

All of the attention that was given to Burke could not begin to compete with the awards, trophies, and crowns that his sister racked up.

Burke was annoying. He still is. However, he is a victim of JR and PR's unbridled narcissism and denial.

I really wish that M.Scott Peck MD was still alive. He wrote one of the best - if not THE best, books about evil. I'd love to read his take on this bizarre family.

A chapter about the Ramseys would fit perfectly in this book.

If you have not yet read it - please do. The book is called "People of the Lie" by M.Scott Peck M.D.
You said some things I couldn't put my finger on. He did look like he wearing make up. I wouldn't put it past Patsy. Some women are like that. Some even dress boy babies as girls. He was always around her and his weird grandmother. He learned to be feminine from them. I bet both Burke and Jonbenet weren't well liked by their peers. I can't fully remember being six, but I know at six years old a child that acted like Jonbenet (barely potty trained) would be deemed weird and a "crybaby". I can imagine if the pineapple theory is true, her putting her dirty little hands on every thing and taking things away from others and getting away with it because the Ramseys were big shots.

Thanks. I will see if my library has it, as they get books from other libraries too, if not I'll buy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime