Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2017, 12:21 AM

1,047 posts, read 1,014,680 times

Advertisements

The last episode could have been condensed to five minutes without losing any substance. The blood was of two people. One was male and the other could be from either sex, and possibly from Maura or from any of a huge percentage of the earth's population. That is all it boiled down to.

It looked like the series was contractually bound to produce a certain number of episodes and had a hard time filling the last one up. The investigating duo must have had a hard time keeping a straight face when interviewing the "medium". Anyone that claims to have psychic gifts should be assumed to be a fraud until he proves otherwise (and so far no one ever has).

Nothing she said is the least bit remarkable. The show would have us believe that she arrived without knowing what case she was going to be consulted about and had no prior knowledge of it. So she was called from California to come to a tiny village in New Hampshire that was the site of a disappearance that has been the talk of the internet for years and we are supposed to accept it on faith that she did not figure out what she was coming to and did not prepare herself?

The business with the coordinates is just some sick internet prankster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 10:02 AM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,669,799 times
In the aftermath of the television show, more women have come forward with allegations that they had been assaulted by Maura's boyfriend, Bill Rausch, and that he told others that he had killed her. The more his behavior is examined, the worse he looks. He had a alibi for the evening she disappeared, but if the tandem driver friend theory is true, he could have killed her after he went to NH 2 days later to supposedly help to search for her.
My Search for Maura Murray

Old 11-13-2017, 12:57 PM
KCZ

Renner seems even more convinced of the tandem driver theory and that Maura was killed later on, because he's now offering a reward for proof of either.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:52 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
While I find it interesting to hear the stories from the women who had scary encounters with Maura's boyfriend, Bill, I don't think there is any evidence that points to him being capable of making her disappear. He was in Oklahoma when she went missing and after coming to NH didn't really have much time to get away alone (and kill Maura) while he was there with family and the police searching. He seems like a bad person and was likely not the greatest boyfriend to Maura, even though she loved him but there's just no real evidence pointing to the possibility of him getting to NH after the search was already underway, finding Maura alone, killing her and disposing of her body. It just doesn't make sense.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:07 PM
KCZ

According to the roaming info on Bill's phone records, he (or at least his phone) spent his time traveling all around northern New England. Whether he was accompanied by other family is unknown to me, but it looks like he probably had time to meet up with Maura. Again, if we knew why Maura went to NH, it would be easier to figure out what might have happened to her after she arrived.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:19 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
While I find it interesting to hear the stories from the women who had scary encounters with Maura's boyfriend, Bill, I don't think there is any evidence that points to him being capable of making her disappear. He was in Oklahoma when she went missing and after coming to NH didn't really have much time to get away alone (and kill Maura) while he was there with family and the police searching. He seems like a bad person and was likely not the greatest boyfriend to Maura, even though she loved him but there's just no real evidence pointing to the possibility of him getting to NH after the search was already underway, finding Maura alone, killing her and disposing of her body. It just doesn't make sense.
I agree.

Billy is/was lots of things, bad boyfriend, apparently a slimeball, and sometimes angry dude. But a cold-calculating murderer? I don't think so.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:37 PM
KCZ

I don't find it that easy to discount the stories told by his other assault victims. He seems like a violent sociopath.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:10 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I don't find it that easy to discount the stories told by his other assault victims. He seems like a violent sociopath.
I believe his victims but that doesn't mean I think he killed Maura. He was in Oklahoma when she disappeared. When he got to NH, he referred to himself as "Scott Peterson" because he was under such heavy police scrutiny. I don't see how he would have been able to find the time to disappear from the rest of the search party, friends, family and police, to meet up with Maura, kill her and dispose of her body in such a way that it has never been found and then return to searching. It's the logistics of it that are questionable. If he had lived in NH or been close by when she disappeared, I'd totally believe that he was involved but since it wasn't, it's just not the most plausible theory.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:49 PM
KCZ

IDK. His phone records show his phone was roaming off locations throughout north-central VT and NH, and western Maine. He appears to have been moving around an awful lot. Hopefully the police looked at this and located people who had been with him to eliminate any time gaps when he could have met Maura.

ETA: I've also had the opportunity in the past several weeks to speak with a few random residents of the Haverhill area. They said the general feeling there is that Maura could not get lost in the woods there and not be found, and they told me that the river was frozen over and it's very unlikely she drowned. They pooh-poohed the idea of a police conspiracy and coverup. They also said that in 2004, there was very little traffic along that road, particularly on a Monday night. While they believe she got in a car, it's likely that it was someone who had purposefully followed her there, either a friend or an abductor who had seen her elsewhere and followed her. I think they're all sick of the notoriety.

Last edited by KCZ; 11-15-2017 at 07:05 PM..

Old 11-15-2017, 08:55 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
AT this point, after ingesting the Oxygen series, the podcasts, Renner's blog and book, reddit, etc. here are the possibilities I believe are plausible.

1) I still think it's possible she ran/wandered off and at some random time in the future, remains will be found...despite how convinced many are about the extensiveness of the searches.

2) I think perhaps MM was travelling with, or going to meet, a shady "friend(s)" that was/were not known to her mainstream friends and family. Like someone from the UMass hook-up crowd. Then the rendezvous got ugly and she was murdered.

FWIW, I think the police conspiracy theories are a red herring. They seem to have been bumbling, and they likely had other skeletons in their collective closets, but nothing related to MM specifically, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime