Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 09:38 PM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeMeQuick View Post
I agree with Brave Stranger that something of her physical remains or her various items of personal property would have been located in the nearby woods by now if she had wandered in there and succumbed to the elements. I have never subscribed to this theory because it just does not make sense to me. I would love to know what the undisclosed case evidence consists of. Perhaps there was evidence of a struggle? Something like that would suggest that she met with foul play, which the family seems to think is likely.
The NH authorities have been very cautious in what information they have released about Maura's disappearance. Even their info on the events surrounding the UMass part of the investigation the afternoon that she left Massachusetts for New Hampshire has been limited. It took forever to release the film of Maura using her ATM & they still have not released film of her at the liquor store that day in Amherst after she hit up her ATM.

If NH authorities really thought she ran off into the woods I suspect that they would be more forthcoming with evidence & allowing more information to reach the public. Unfortunately, there has been a lot of conspiracy theories built up around the case with the general lack of info.

Ok...now for my theory about the lack of disclosure by the authorities concerning the security film releases (or lack of release) at the ATM machine & the liquor store in Amherst the day that she left for NH. Something is on the films that is pertinent to Maura's case, in some way. They have only released several clips from the ATM & still have withheld the rest, and thery have released zero film from the liquor store!

I suspect that there is someone in the background of these films besides Maura that is troubling to the authorities. This individual is either with Maura, or is observing her. There could also be a car in the background that was observed parked in both places. There's some important information the authorites are holding back on these tapes because it's important to the case. I don't know how else to classify how strictly they are holding on to the film.

Of course this is conjucture on my part concerning the ATM & liquor store security film. This case is maddening with its lack of facts & info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 06:35 PM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,658,309 times
Human bone fragments recently found at a construction site ~25 miles from Maura's car crash are being tested to see if they belong to her. Police had questioned people in that area at the time of her disappearance.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/09/...loon-mountain/

And then there's this recent post by James Renner.
https://mauramurraymystery.com/my-in...-maura-murray/

Last edited by KCZ; 09-17-2021 at 07:00 PM..

Old 09-18-2021, 07:46 PM

439 posts, read 289,794 times
Why did she ask the bus driver not to call for help?

Old 09-19-2021, 02:06 PM
KCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post

Possibly because she was responsible for the Vasi hit and run, or she was trying to escape from an abuser and didn't want to be found. Who knows.

Old 09-21-2021, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Most likely she did not want another DUI on her record. She may have been removed from the UMASS nursing program.

Old 11-10-2021, 03:43 PM
KCZ

Bone fragments are not hers.

https://www.wmur.com/article/new-ham...11021/38213505

Old 11-10-2021, 07:09 PM

No closure for the family still...

Old 11-11-2021, 10:29 AM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
She was drunk and didn't want the police to find her at the wreck. She walked a ways on the highway before blundering off into the woods and falling and dying of exposure. The search was haphazard and began too late, and did not look in the right place. It is very easy for a body to go unnoticed in thick woods.

This. She was too messed up to successfully disappear herself and there's no evidence of abduction.

Old 01-01-2022, 02:31 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Very odd and bizarre case. She sent an email about a death in the family that wasn't true, got in a car accident and when a trucker came by asking if she needed any help she refused and asked not to call police. She never has been found or had any traces of her since. Any ideas on what happened to her?
Do you mean Maura Murray?

Old 01-03-2022, 09:25 AM
KCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
This. She was too messed up to successfully disappear herself and there's no evidence of abduction.
That area was thoroughly searched multiple times using dogs, and later, cadaver dogs. Most of the trees in that area are deciduous, i.e no leaves in winter, and not that thick. There's a triangle of terrain there that's roughly 1/2 x 1 x 1 1/2 miles on a side, with roads on each side lined with houses, farm, orchid, etc. It would have been difficult for her to get lost and even more difficult for searchers to miss her.

My own opinion is that she was picked up by a tandem driver, i.e. someone she knew, they made it to their destination, and she was killed later, potentially by her psycho boyfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime