Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 06:31 PM

190 posts, read 618,359 times

Advertisements

Just one week I will be arriving to finally start my new Job in Tucson. Have tempoary living arranged for 60 days. My girlfriend will be following within 2 months. The special angel that she is; will be taking care of our house in NH while it is being sold. Regardless of if it has been sold she will be moving down by the end of 2 months.

She will come down to help find a home to rent. Then moving down for good. She has never been to Arizona so is trusting me that she will like it (remember I said she is a special angel....) there. We have not told our dogs yet though...lol.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 06:38 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,748,325 times
Congrats and welcome Mike, she will love it here!

Old 04-16-2011, 07:12 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Good luck, I wish you the best.

I lived in Tucson for 18 months, pretty interesting place....although the mounds of garbage on the side of the freeways, and the litter in general were quite off-putting.

Finally left, mainly due to the fact that I just could not take the long, long, scorching summers.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:59 PM

138 posts, read 269,777 times
your angel huh? lol Thank you baby. I am going to miss you while freezing in this still winter weather we are having. But 2 months is not long at all.
Tick, there is alot of trash? Around here we have groups that will go around picking up trash on the side of the roads, maybe we could get a group growing and then more and more people will help, if a couple show they care then more will help, it only takes 1 to start a good thing. Right? And I have heard that there are really nice people in Tucson.......
emmmmmm 2 months and I will be a resident also with my bestfriend.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:44 PM

14 posts, read 35,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Good luck, I wish you the best.

I lived in Tucson for 18 months, pretty interesting place....although the mounds of garbage on the side of the freeways, and the litter in general were quite off-putting.

Finally left, mainly due to the fact that I just could not take the long, long, scorching summers.

We moved here last August from PA. I have been very pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the freeways. Almost every day there are trucks full of convicts on the sides of I-10 cleaning the trash. You NEVER saw that in PA, and I lived there for many years.

We also love the weather here, we moved in the hottest part of the year, but it wasn't as bad as the humidity we left. The pool helped a lot and hearing the weather reports fro the east coast last winter just made AZ feel so muuch better.

We also have been using the pool off and on for the last 2 weeks here.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:47 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Best wishes....I vacationed there years ago and really loved it. Lucky you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_ View Post
Just one week I will be arriving to finally start my new Job in Tucson. Have tempoary living arranged for 60 days. My girlfriend will be following within 2 months. The special angel that she is; will be taking care of our house in NH while it is being sold. Regardless of if it has been sold she will be moving down by the end of 2 months.

She will come down to help find a home to rent. Then moving down for good. She has never been to Arizona so is trusting me that she will like it (remember I said she is a special angel....) there. We have not told our dogs yet though...lol.....

Old 04-17-2011, 12:41 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
You'll be getting here at a good time of year. I love April, May and October as they're the most pleasant month as far as temperatures and good weather, I think. But, then I love the monsoons, too, so what do I know! March and early April were different this year as we had a "100 year freeze" that wiped out a lot of trees (my main mesquite for one, although it's just starting to show some new leaves), but the flowers are blooming and the ocotillo and other cactus are in full bloom, so it's really pretty. Helena will have to be an angel as she'll be arriving during the hottest months of the year! Enjoy, have fun and make sure to take in all the flowers, citrus trees and blooming cactus while they're at their peak! Send her pictures so she won't have to wait until next year to see it.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:37 AM

298 posts, read 948,663 times
Quote:

Mike where were you moving from in NH. My wife and I are from Mass (right on the NH border) and are trying to get out there too but are afraid to try and sell the house at this time. You are a brave man trying sell in this economy. Good luck with the move. You don't by any chance work for Raytheon do you?

Old 04-17-2011, 09:03 AM

190 posts, read 618,359 times
We live in Jaffrey, I acknowledge that I will sell for less than I could in better times but, am ok with that. I do not and will not be working for Raytheon. (Know anyone looking for a home....give them a good deal...lol). I am told houses are selling and will sell. I have been reading that the market is flooded with short sales and forclosures. Both take a lot of time and trouble to buy. So priced right, we should be able to sell in a reasonable amount of time. All the same in 2 months Helena is coming to Tucson......!!! starting our new life there and the house will sell when it does. It is more important that she is with me in Tucson.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:06 PM

298 posts, read 948,663 times
Quote:
We live in Jaffrey, I acknowledge that I will sell for less than I could in better times but, am ok with that. I do not and will not be working for Raytheon. (Know anyone looking for a home....give them a good deal...lol). I am told houses are selling and will sell. I have been reading that the market is flooded with short sales and forclosures. Both take a lot of time and trouble to buy. So priced right, we should be able to sell in a reasonable amount of time. All the same in 2 months Helena is coming to Tucson......!!! starting our new life there and the house will sell when it does. It is more important that she is with me in Tucson.
Absolutely I agree that it is more important that she be there with you. How will the house selling work if you are both out there? Do you have family here that will take care of the business of selling your current home? I am not worried about selling price either just about whether the house would sell in time to make the move. We have been in the house for 17 years so we are not upside down or anything like that. Just do not want to get caught in selling it from 3000 miles away. Let me know your thoughts on this. I just don't understand how that would work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson