Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 12:03 PM

415 posts, read 1,681,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellringer View Post
I'm as cool as a cucumber. People should post in the right thread. And, the back and forth conversations should be taken to the phone. Lots of personal chit chat that doesn't belong on a forum. It's boring to the rest of us, who aren't your minions.

While that may or may not be true, the personal chit chat is how we minions get to know each other and, *gasp* actually become real life friends. Away from the computer.

Sorry that you don't feel welcome enough to get to know everyone. Feel free to continue to bash away in the San Antonio forum.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:07 PM

602 posts, read 2,064,269 times
Quote:
I'm as cool as a cucumber. People should post in the right thread. And, the back and forth conversations should be taken to the phone. Lots of personal chit chat that doesn't belong on a forum. It's boring to the rest of us, who aren't your minions.
Here's the thing about the supposed need to post in the right thread.

A lot of people visit this site to (among other reasons) see if Tucson would be the place they'd like to move to. Sure, the title of this thread is about reasons not to move to Tucson. Obviously, those that find Tucson not to their liking should not be trashed for their opinions. But, if negative assertions are made about the place, and your opinion differs, it makes for a very incoherent discussion to try to counter the argument in a completely different thread.

I see no problem, and in fact see it as better, to see both the negative and the positive in one thread, because it comes off as a reasoned conversation vs just a list, which I think would probably make things far easier on the person looking at a place as a prospective place to move to.

Just my .02

Oh, and you should drop all that "minions" craap. Nobody's buying it. That many people like the place has nothing to do with following anybody else's lead.

Last edited by azhiker; 09-04-2008 at 12:54 PM..

Old 09-04-2008, 12:08 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,401 times
Quote:
I'm as cool as a cucumber.
You could have fooled me.

Quote:
People should post in the right thread.
You should apply for a moderator position here on City Data, I'm sure they are taking applications.

Quote:
And, the back and forth conversations should be taken to the phone.
I could do without some of it to but that's mainly an issue you find on any forum, the people here on the Tucson section are friendly and don't waste time criticizing transplants or all the other b.s. you find on plenty of other sections.

Quote:
Lots of personal chit chat that doesn't belong on a forum. It's boring to the rest of us, who aren't your minions.
If there were no chit chat at all then it wouldn't be a forum would it? And if you find this section so boring then why don't you leave and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:03 PM

474 posts, read 1,067,116 times
How original!(insert emoticon here to denote sarcasm)

Old 09-04-2008, 02:31 PM

Two-What are you talking about? Where in the San Antonio forum do I bash Tucson?

Old 09-04-2008, 02:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
If there were no chit chat at all then it wouldn't be a forum would it? And if you find this section so boring then why don't you leave and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

http://static0.fluxstatic.com/-/clie...bs_up_icon.png

If somebody thinks I'll be wasting my time typing boring info of no use to me all the time without having any fun in the meantime, he/she's gravely mistaken!

Oh, well, there’s somebody like this (ok, editing…) showing up on every good forum attempting to destroy it and they usually manage…

Old 09-04-2008, 02:56 PM

Just because someone doesn't agree with everything posted, does not mean you have the right to tell them to get off of this forum. I'm sure there are some other free thinkers out there, who like me have an opinion that sometimes differs from that of the flock. I have some fun on this forum, just like you Sierra. You of all the people on this forum should get it, because you can be quite sarcastic in your postings.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:57 PM

And who is trying to destroy any forum? How silly!

Old 09-04-2008, 03:55 PM

415 posts, read 1,681,333 times
Quote:
Two-What are you talking about? Where in the San Antonio forum do I bash Tucson?

No, not bashing Tucson. Supposedly, we bash Texas. I have never seen it here, so to me, the comment was from left field.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:00 PM

Where you are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson