Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2007, 10:39 PM

430 posts, read 1,264,214 times

Advertisements

Wow! After reading many of these responses I'm wondering where in Tucson most of these people live!! I think you can ask people living ANYWHERE to list 10 things that they don't like about where they live and they can come up with them. I'm sure they could come up with 10 things they LOVED about their towns too if they really thought about it. It's the difference between the "glass half full and the glass half empty" folks. If you get involved in your community and try to make things better you tend to have a different outlook on things. Tucson has many more than "10" reasons to live here...I urge those that can't see them to look harder, and you might be happier for it...

Old 07-24-2007, 08:21 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,222,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixcookie View Post
It sounds like sunshine doesn't make up for a lot of things. People knock cities like Cleveland, but Cleveland has a lot to offer. Cleveland is a town of suburbs. But it has everything you could want. If I could find a job there, I'd go back, but the midwest economy has had the life sucked out of it.
California has the best weather, and is beautiful, but I would rather live somewhere else, than make a decent wage, but be scraping to get by there.

Cleveland is the absolute worst. If people can complain about Tucson they should visit Cleveland to realize how good they have it. Your absolutely right, everything is in the suburbs and all the major industries died. Cleveland could be so much better if People would have stayed in the city and used the water to its advantage....

Old 07-24-2007, 11:07 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
To each his own, some may see Tucson and leave right away, and some may fall in love with it as soon as they set foot in it. Every city has its good and bad, and in my opinion, Tucson has a lot of good things in it. I love the city because it reminds me of what Phoenix used to be like when I was a kid!

Old 07-26-2007, 08:45 AM

218 posts, read 1,487,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatheryork View Post
10 reasons to move TO Tucson
1. Sunshine, it generally makes people happier. (generally)
2. Golfing and hiking year round.
3. Diversity of climate. Just the other day, there was snow on Mt. Lemmon and it was in the 80's in the valley.
4. Absolutely beautiful scenery, if you look at it from above, it is surprisingly almost completely green.
5. So many things to do Colossal Cave, the State Parks, Saguaro Desert Museum, Titan Missile Museum, Wildlife Museum, Reid Park Zoo, Pima Air and Space Museum, Historical Society Museum. Then not too far away Sedona, The Grand Canyon, The Petrified Forest, many lakes, mining towns like Tombstone, Mexico, and bordering states.
6. No raking, shoveling, or mowing.
7. Warm, dry climate is great for a lot of health issues.
8. You can wear shorts on Christmas. Actually you can wear the same clothes pretty much year round. Just make sure you wash them.
9. Health care. Because of the abundance of more mature persons, we have great hospitals, including ones that specialize in the heart and cancer.
10. And to bring it full circle. The people are happier, because of the sunshine! If you're in Tucson and don't believe me, you need to go get some.
Thanks for bringing a positive twist to this conversation! Yes! I agree with your top 10 reasons TO move here, also. . . No place is truly paradise on earth - every spot has 'something' to remind us we are still just humans in a natural world that we do not control. All in all, Tucson is a pretty cool place to be - and I have lived in four states - no thoughts of leaving this one yet, and I've been here nearly a decade now

Old 07-29-2007, 10:43 PM

4 posts, read 32,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOTIM View Post
To Everyone Who Has Written In

Has Not Been Enough To Make A Decision
Still 50/50 On Whether Or Not We Really Want To Come To Tucson

I Need Something To Put Me Over The Line One Way Or Another
Dear OHIOTIM,
I have lived in Tucson my whole life, 33 years. I actually love it here, mostly because of the weather. We do have about 360 days of sunshine and yes,....it is VERY hot here. There has never been any scary critters at my doorstep like other posts have said. I laughed my but off when I read that. Back to the weather, although it is hot, there are no serious threats, like tornadoes or anything like that. If skin cancer is a concern, wear sunscreen for pete sake. It is true that you can hike all year around, that's if you can take the heat. The closest lake is about a three hour drive. OK....here is the drawback......if you have children....the school system is definately not the best. The wages are not great either. I am actually considering moving to Washington State, but I keep hearing so many diverse opinions, that I have no idea what to think. The best advise I have is to come for a visit. That is what everyone is telling ME. So,....If you have children, probably not the best place in the country to be, but NOT the worst either. I have a 12 year old daughter and she has been very happy here. So all in all I like tucson, but I am ready for a change.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:50 AM

283 posts, read 990,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOTIM View Post
To Everyone Who Has Written In

Has Not Been Enough To Make A Decision
Still 50/50 On Whether Or Not We Really Want To Come To Tucson

I Need Something To Put Me Over The Line One Way Or Another
Are you seriously going to make such a huge life-altering decision based on what some anonymous posters in an internet forum suggest..?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:15 AM

702 posts, read 3,152,496 times
Default Don't move here based solely on forum posts...

I agree, you had better spend some time here before making the big move.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:42 AM

19 posts, read 214,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
I agree, you had better spend some time here before making the big move.

I AGREE, I would never base my decision on what I read here.

I like to get all the information I can and make my own decision.

We have decided to come to Arizona and are looking forward to it.

We are very knowledgable of big city life and crime. I don't see anywhere near the problems in Tucson that we haven't seen more of here.

The GOOD will outweigh the bad.........

GOODBYE OHIO, HELLO TUCSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Old 07-31-2007, 02:04 PM

8 posts, read 37,669 times
I am also in agreement. Tucson is a beautiful place and the people are very nice. I will be moving to Ohio soon but it is entirely for family reasons.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
GOODBYE OHIO, HELLO TUCSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He-he, it all depends on what you compare it to! Enjoy...

Last edited by sierraAZ; 07-31-2007 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: mistake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson