Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 08:45 AM

143 posts, read 193,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Gave Tulsa 5 years. I actually WANTED to move there, but grew tired of the crime, low paying jobs, bad roads, crime, too many uneducated people, crime, bad school, racists on all sides, crime, ultra-conservative attitudes, crime, people content with working 3 $8 per hour jobs to barely survive, crime, majority of people content with status quo and living in the 1950s, crime, the horrific dating scene, God-awful drivers-prepare for your auto insurance to triple-oh and did I mention crime? To anyone considering moving there, please take the time and visit to get a true feel of how badly Tulsa declined. Tulsa used to be the jewel of the Midwest, then when the oil and gas economy went in the tank, Tulsa really declined into a Republican hell of low paying jobs, poverty, and crime. All anyone wants to do about Tulsa's decline is pray about it. Really??

Wow, well, I'm glad you left. Crime is not bad in most of the city, it's very concentrated. Guess you moved to the wrong neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 02:12 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,602,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Tell me something bad about Tulsa...

There must be too much moonshine in the water because:

They lowered a brand new Plymouth into a below ground vault and let it brine for 50 years. Brilliant.
They failed at making the vault ( Water Proof )........and should try it again in the near future.......

Old 02-09-2016, 08:34 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,517,572 times
Quote:
Gave Tulsa 5 years. I actually WANTED to move there, but grew tired of the crime, low paying jobs, bad roads, crime, too many uneducated people, crime, bad school, racists on all sides, crime, ultra-conservative attitudes, crime, people content with working 3 $8 per hour jobs to barely survive, crime, majority of people content with status quo and living in the 1950s, crime, the horrific dating scene, God-awful drivers-prepare for your auto insurance to triple-oh and did I mention crime? To anyone considering moving there, please take the time and visit to get a true feel of how badly Tulsa declined. Tulsa used to be the jewel of the Midwest, then when the oil and gas economy went in the tank, Tulsa really declined into a Republican hell of low paying jobs, poverty, and crime. All anyone wants to do about Tulsa's decline is pray about it. Really??
Ah, I see where you went wrong here. Let me correct that....maybe Jewel of the Southwest (or South-Central)!

You missed the Midwest by one state to the north....maybe you were thinking Kansas City? Great town, by the way, you should look into it.

And there's nothing wrong with prayer. Here, let me try: "Dear Lord, please help LeaveWI find a place that fits him/her for a better future. Amen."----now was that SO bad?

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahomagirl74 View Post
Wow, well, I'm glad you left. Crime is not bad in most of the city, it's very concentrated. Guess you moved to the wrong neighborhood.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:59 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,602,460 times
OKLAHOMA AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITIES aren't
that bad in Tulsa OK , because AA have never rioted
in the state of Oklahoma , including the more urban
communities of OKC/TULSA...

SMALL ELEMENTS OF THE AA Community routinely
do it all across the USA as a common practice ...AA
CRIME doesn't affect Caucasian/Asian/Latinos.....
Communities on a Major Scale n any way in the State
Of OKLAHOMA....

Old 02-15-2016, 08:05 PM

14 posts, read 14,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Ah, I see where you went wrong here. Let me correct that....maybe Jewel of the Southwest (or South-Central)!

You missed the Midwest by one state to the north....maybe you were thinking Kansas City? Great town, by the way, you should look into it.

And there's nothing wrong with prayer. Here, let me try: "Dear Lord, please help LeaveWI find a place that fits him/her for a better future. Amen."----now was that SO bad?

Seriously, what does his semantics have anything to do with it?

I have lived here for 25 years. Tulsa has declined. And people like you are the problem. Comfortable with the status quo of poverty, a failing education system, crime, and racist attitudes. LeaveWI is right.

I've seen the way you handle posts like mine and LeaveWI, BassandCatfish.
"Well why don't you leave, then?"
It's as intelligent a reply as any Republican who tells people to "get out of MY country".
Smh.

Have fun with the poverty, crime, and horrible education. I guess that's something you relish in, as long as God is at the center of such poverty/crime/horrible education.

My children deserve a better education and Mary Fallin has given us no other choice. As is the case for many more young families to come, I suspect.

Last edited by MMata2010; 02-15-2016 at 08:14 PM..

Old 02-16-2016, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMata2010 View Post
Seriously, what does his semantics have anything to do with it?

I have lived here for 25 years. Tulsa has declined. And people like you are the problem. Comfortable with the status quo of poverty, a failing education system, crime, and racist attitudes. LeaveWI is right.

I've seen the way you handle posts like mine and LeaveWI, BassandCatfish.
"Well why don't you leave, then?"
It's as intelligent a reply as any Republican who tells people to "get out of MY country".
Smh.

Have fun with the poverty, crime, and horrible education. I guess that's something you relish in, as long as God is at the center of such poverty/crime/horrible education.

My children deserve a better education and Mary Fallin has given us no other choice. As is the case for many more young families to come, I suspect.

Whoa there, Fellar.

I have lived several other places including the East Coast, the West Coast, the Deep South and the Southwest (Oklahoma/Texas) and I've learned to be content wherever I live at that moment.

Think about it....is it really a bad suggestion to tell someone to move on from Oklahoma if they're miserable here? I don't want to be miserable and I don't want other people to be miserable. Life is too short. Oklahoma is a great state with tons of upside, but it's not for everyone; I get that.

Good luck in your future endeavors and God Bless.

BTW, you have me figured out to a "T".......I'm a Democrat.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:29 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,039,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahomagirl74 View Post
Glad I left too All those $8-9 an hour jobs made me a wealthy guy!!!

IDK I lived at Windsail Apartments, then Greens of Bedford. Didn't have too much trouble, but way too many areas that had too much crime, or where I felt unsafe. Here I don't have to carry a gun with me to walk in the park at night. Tulsa has one of the highest crime rates in the nation. Problem is, no one seems to want to acknowledge that. So yeah I apologize and stand corrected, Tulsa is a safe haven and a bastion of educated enlightenment. Just don;t use any words longer than 3 syllables

Old 02-16-2016, 09:38 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,039,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post

Thank you B&C2008- I stand corrected. Oh BTW I DID find a place for my better future- Australia. Good paying jobs-though I'm semi-retired now, safe area (don't have to carry a gun ) tons of educated people, no one asking me what church I belong to, being able to make $25 an hour for $25 an hour work and skills-as opposed to $9 for $25 an hour work and skills, actual good quality 21st century health care, freedom From religion.

I know my post ruffled alot of feathers and put lots of people on the defensive-not my intent. As i stated before, i WANTED to come here, I used to LOVE Tulsa and never wanted to leave. But then around 2012 or so, Tulsa seemed to go into a decline-even lifelong Tulsans noticed it declining. I also realized that no matter how rough things got there, not a lot would be done-very few folks want to accept the fact that Tulsa has issues that need to be addressed, they resent any criticism, and lash out. Sorry prayer alone won;t fix Tulsa, nor will tax cuts.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Thank you B&C2008- I stand corrected. Oh BTW I DID find a place for my better future- Australia. Good paying jobs-though I'm semi-retired now, safe area (don't have to carry a gun ) tons of educated people, no one asking me what church I belong to, being able to make $25 an hour for $25 an hour work and skills-as opposed to $9 for $25 an hour work and skills, actual good quality 21st century health care, freedom From religion.

I know my post ruffled alot of feathers and put lots of people on the defensive-not my intent. As i stated before, i WANTED to come here, I used to LOVE Tulsa and never wanted to leave. But then around 2012 or so, Tulsa seemed to go into a decline-even lifelong Tulsans noticed it declining. I also realized that no matter how rough things got there, not a lot would be done-very few folks want to accept the fact that Tulsa has issues that need to be addressed, they resent any criticism, and lash out. Sorry prayer alone won;t fix Tulsa, nor will tax cuts.
LeaveWI,

I'm genuinely happy that you have found a good fit for you.....and in Australia, sounds fun!

I've always wanted to visit myself.

As for Tulsa, I've had family in T-Town for decades and the wife and I visit probably once every month or so from the OK City area. I've never had any problems there with crime, but maybe I'm just in the wrong areas.

I would think one would need to "pack heat" all the time in Australia with all those species of exotic/venomous snakes! Then again, in Oklahoma we have Fiddlebacks, so maybe Australia would be a nice alternative.

Blessings on your new adventure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa