Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 05:37 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,671,440 times

Advertisements

Yay, Jason bashing! I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
And, yet, he still signed a season 2 contract and seems very comfortable in front of the cameras.
And it seems his parents signed up for the ride also. I presume all three are included in the recently announced season 3 as well.

Jason's parents are somewhat creepy...and look so uncomfortable and awkward on camera. Makes me wonder why the parents choose to participate on camera. Fame is that attractive to some, I suppose. Both Jason and his mother seem to really enjoy being the toast of Hazelton --- and I'll bet that's the real reason he and parents wanted to take Bryn there more often (with cameras following of course), when there doesn't appear to be any reason why the parents can't visit Bryn in NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

The big unveiling of the parents/son group gift was cringe-worthy.
Yeah, he can't even select and present a bday gift without involving mommy and daddy.

His mother's cringeworthy question to Bethenny at the bday party, "Did you fart?" --- wth

AND, Jason should cease telling Bryn, "Mommy's crazy"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 06:03 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,213,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
That is true.
I love the bath time & almost wish they wouldn't allow the cameras to film it. It seems a time when Jason & her are truly happy & themselves w/ Brynn.

I want to see the marriage last & more importantly, them be happy. They have both brought baggage & they both got married late in life after becoming very set in their ways.

Didn't she tell him he was a little psycho also? I think she did when they were in Quebec & he started w/ the typical man response of "Then I'll only say what you want me to say." I had to laugh for I so understand that!!
I agree totally about them getting married later in life, it can make the necessary compromises so much more difficult, but they clearly love each other and hopefully will continue to listen to each other and make those compromises. I wish the best for them.

I missed it, but I hope Bethenny did tell him he is a little psycho, he needs to understand he is not always right about everything, she has been too willing to accept all the blame and the "crazy" label. They both have valid points and need to work together to build their family.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:36 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,615,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I find that common criticism so ridiculous, and offensive to women who choose, or need to work while parenting, she clearly adores her child, and is very comfortable caring for her. Working women need some help, it does not make them BAD mothers, people need to get over that idea, and join us in this century. Newsflash, women are allowed to work, and experience a full life now! Bethenny doesn't have a bunch of sisters, and a mother to help out, like many of the people who criticize those with nannies.

Nannies are not evil, nor are mothers who hire them, people who have never had a nanny don't understand it, and often come to false assumptions based on movies with uncaring mothers who let nannies raise their children, that's almost never reality. A good nanny will truly love the children, and be another positive influence in the life a child, not a substitute parent. I worked as a nanny in college, I believe I was a very positive part of the children's lives, but only a small part, I always knew that the children were loved, and parented by their parents, the kids knew this as well. Those kids, who are now in high school (yes, I still check in on them, being a nanny is never "just a paycheck") grew up to be incredibly loving, successful, and confident young people despite the supposed horrible mothering of the woman who dared get help so she could be a successful physician as well as a mother. She was one of the best mothers I have ever met. Her daughters know that they can pursue any carreer they want, be self sufficient, and be loving mothers, her son will choose a confident woman who will be a true partner to him, all thanks to her wonderful example. I'm glad I could be a part of all of their lives.
Great post. I'm a single mom that has worked full time, and now in school full time. My family is there to help me with my child so does that make me a bad mother? Same goes for mothers with nannies. There's nothing wrong with help.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
I presume all three are included in the recently announced season 3 as well.
Season 3!? I missed that announcement.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:20 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,528,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
Great post. I'm a single mom that has worked full time, and now in school full time. My family is there to help me with my child so does that make me a bad mother? Same goes for mothers with nannies. There's nothing wrong with help.
Wasn't the point & I never said she was a bad mother.

She is able to build her empire & raise a daughter due to the immense help she is able to afford.

I am a mother also & understand all that goes into parenting & being able to hold down a successful career.

One of the reasons she is able to do so much is b/c she has so many people watching her daughter. Nothing wrong w/ it but it is what it is.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Wasn't the point & I never said she was a bad mother.

She is able to build her empire & raise a daughter due to the immense help she is able to afford.

I am a mother also & understand all that goes into parenting & being able to hold down a successful career.

One of the reasons she is able to do so much is b/c she has so many people watching her daughter. Nothing wrong w/ it but it is what it is.
No, but you did say you'd like to see her handle Bryn without the help, which sounds very much like a dig, and implying that she probably can't handle her child on her own.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:24 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,671,440 times
Quote:
Season 3!? I missed that announcement.
Yup, Bravo confirmed season 3 within a couple of weeks after season 2 began.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:34 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,490,385 times
I wonder if Bryn is getting paid also? She's part of the show, so why not? If Jason's parents are getting a cut, why not the baby?

Old 04-24-2011, 10:47 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,213,903 times
Quote:
No, but you did say you'd like to see her handle Bryn without the help, which sounds very much like a dig, and implying that she probably can't handle her child on her own.
The bashing of women who have nannies is widespread here, and many other places in our culture. It is regularly implied that women who hire nannies are handing their children to someone else to raise, but that is a very, very, rare case, not the norm by any means. Women need to spend more time supporting each other and less time criticizing. A good nanny can be a wonderful addition to a child's life, no child has ever been hurt by too many people caring for, and teaching things to him/her, having the help of a nanny can give a busy woman more relaxed time to spend with her children.

When I worked as one during college, I got to know tons of women who had nannies, I was always treated as more of a peer because I was in graduate school so I developed friendships with them, and really got to know them. They were all great hands on parents, they were just fortunate enough to have help. Nannies are often there with the mothers, to give them an extra set of eyes, or allow some close time with individual children while the nanny watched the others. It's a luxury not everyone can afford, I understand that can cause resentment, but the answer is not bashing fellow women, we would be better served fighting for better child care, time off from work, or by encouraging men to take more responsibility and give women more help.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:13 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,401,341 times
I wish I could rep all your posts. I really do.

I use to see a lot of friction between the SAHMs and the working moms back when I was raising my now-adult children. Now raising my youngest, I don't see so much of that. But the vitriol on the internet from some women against beautiful, successful women is jarring. I think it might be a case of the "haves" against the "have-nots."

But if Bethenny sparks this much hate I wonder if people should be taking that anger and using it as motivation to get out there and do something in this crazy world we live in. Go back to school. Volunteer. Make a difference. But for goodness sakes stop hating on people you don't even know. It's a television show, for crying out loud. Turn it into something positive instead of being miserable. If we all did just a little bit of that this would be a wonderful world to live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
The bashing of women who have nannies is widespread here, and many other places in our culture. It is regularly implied that women who hire nannies are handing their children to someone else to raise, but that is a very, very, rare case, not the norm by any means. Women need to spend more time supporting each other and less time criticizing. A good nanny can be a wonderful addition to a child's life, no child has ever been hurt by too many people caring for, and teaching things to him/her, having the help of a nanny can give a busy woman more relaxed time to spend with her children.

When I worked as one during college, I got to know tons of women who had nannies, I was always treated as more of a peer because I was in graduate school so I developed friendships with them, and really got to know them. They were all great hands on parents, they were just fortunate enough to have help. Nannies are often there with the mothers, to give them an extra set of eyes, or allow some close time with individual children while the nanny watched the others. It's a luxury not everyone can afford, I understand that can cause resentment, but the answer is not bashing fellow women, we would be better served fighting for better child care, time off from work, or by encouraging men to take more responsibility and give women more help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV