Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 11:11 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,203,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
Maybe I was being dramatic... I, on the other hand, am something of a jealous person (something I'm working on!) so I guess that's the difference. I was just putting myself in Jason's shoes and if it were me watching my spouse I would think it's somewhat inappropriate.

I think she's being ridiculous about pooping in the RV too. What is the bathroom there for if not to use?
To be totally honest I find the partner so creepy, my mind could just never go there, I find him very unattractive in both looks and personality.

Poop away, just make sure you get to the pump station at least once a week, and individual poopers need to clean up after themselves, RVs have limited a water supply, so if you are messy you may have too add a little extra water, and do a little wipe down if there are any "marks" left behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 12:48 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,323,340 times
I don't move in circles where men and women can't be friends. I've had a couple of best friends that were men and never had a husband that had an issue with it. In fact, in my younger days I preferred male roommates. I find them to be added protection. Also, female roommates can drag home some weird males that you may have to deal with. Early, early on I had a roommate that had a boyfriend that was creepy and leered at me. A lot. I had only male roommates after that. I encourage my daughters to also have male friends and roommates.

The pooping in the RV issue is hilarious.

And what about the new nanny? Gina has been thrown under the bus unless she can quickly learn how to do hair.

I wanted to grab the remote control out of Julie's hand, but I'm a little bit techie. Okay, a lot of bit.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:20 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,669,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
To be totally honest I find the partner so creepy, my mind could just never go there, I find him very unattractive in both looks and personality.
Creepy is the first word that comes to my mind when I look at him. I just didn't want to be the first one to say it...

Old 04-27-2011, 10:25 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,669,511 times
About pooping in the RV:

She may have been told what I was told when looking to buy one. Several RV owners told me not to use it for that unless absolutely necessary because eventually the odor from the tank infiltrates the rv after a few uses - even though the tank is emptied regularly and treated.

With a few adults, including camera crew on board, it might be a good rule to follow.

A few people say they can't detect an odor after frequent/normal use, a few say the odor is not that bad, but I wonder about their sense of smell. Mine is acute so they convinced me I would use only in urgent need cases.

However, I decided against buying one so I don't know for sure, but perhaps that is why you aren't supposed to poop in an RV.

Now you know.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
Creepy is the first word that comes to my mind when I look at him. I just didn't want to be the first one to say it...
I don't know why I feel that way about him, he seems like a perfectly nice guy, but I can't help it, something seems off to me.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
About pooping in the RV:

She may have been told what I was told when looking to buy one. Several RV owners told me not to use it for that unless absolutely necessary because eventually the odor from the tank infiltrates the rv after a few uses - even though the tank is emptied regularly and treated.

With a few adults, including camera crew on board, it might be a good rule to follow.

A few people say they can't detect an odor after frequent/normal use, a few say the odor is not that bad, but I wonder about their sense of smell. Mine is acute so they convinced me I would use only in urgent need cases.

However, I decided against buying one so I don't know for sure, but perhaps that is why you aren't supposed to poop in an RV.

Now you know.
My parents were avid RVers my whole life (my dad still has a pull along camper), it was never a problem as long as you pump regularly, and put the right chemicals in it. I have a VERY sensitive sense of smell too, ours never smelled because my dad always pumped properly, and let the grey water clean out the waste so there is no build up, some people don't do that which may be where the smell is coming from if they have a problem. It never smelled with a high quality system that is properly cared for which her RV certainly appeared to be. Usually any smell is user laziness, or too many people really going a lot.

It's best not to poop in it all the time if you can go somewhere else because obviously less is easier to deal with, most RV grounds have indoor bathrooms and showers, but there would certainly be no need to go out in the woods in the middle of the night, or on a cold morning, brrr. I don't imagine they will be parking the RV for any length of time, but if they do, many places will even have a sewage hook up option so it goes straight to the sewers and doesn't build up at all.

I bet Bethenny did a number two in the RV on that trip!

RVing is great, you get many of the benefits of camping with the luxuries of a hotel, like soft beds, indoor bathrooms, microwave, TV... The gas is crazy expensive though, that's the main reason my dad sold his, and bought a smaller pull along camper for his trips.

Last edited by detshen; 04-27-2011 at 11:23 PM..

Old 05-03-2011, 07:49 PM

They showed a preview of the finale after last night's episode and I teared up. Apparently they will get the offer from the bottler. Gosh, I really enjoyed this season.

It was nice to see Jason tell Bethenny that he and his parents do appreciate what she brings to the table and how she has positively affected them.

However, I couldn't believe he complained about paying $45 for a Christmas tree in L.A. He said he could get three for that price in Hazelton. Who is he kidding? I lived out in the country in New England for 33 years. I left 17 years ago and you could get one tree for that price. That's about what it costs in TN, too. And in Florida - southwest Florida - it could go well over $100.

He really is cheap.

And why was that country boy so afraid to ride down a hill in a pickup truck?

One other observation. I love dogs. But Cookie is incredibly badly behaved. Obviously I've noticed this before, especially when the little witch bit the wedding planner. But she is so on my nerves now that I had to say something.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
They showed a preview of the finale after last night's episode and I teared up. Apparently they will get the offer from the bottler. Gosh, I really enjoyed this season.

It was nice to see Jason tell Bethenny that he and his parents do appreciate what she brings to the table and how she has positively affected them.

However, I couldn't believe he complained about paying $45 for a Christmas tree in L.A. He said he could get three for that price in Hazelton. Who is he kidding? I lived out in the country in New England for 33 years. I left 17 years ago and you could get one tree for that price. That's about what it costs in TN, too. And in Florida - southwest Florida - it could go well over $100.

He really is cheap.

And why was that country boy so afraid to ride down a hill in a pickup truck?

One other observation. I love dogs. But Cookie is incredibly badly behaved. Obviously I've noticed this before, especially when the little witch bit the wedding planner. But she is so on my nerves now that I had to say something.
You can tell that no matter how wealthy they become he will always be cheap. I'm all for being reasonably frugal, but I find being cheap so annoying, life too short for that.

I agree about Cookie, she has been way too spoiled, and allowed to act poorly.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
You can tell that no matter how wealthy they become he will always be cheap. I'm all for being reasonably frugal, but I find being cheap so annoying, life too short for that.

I agree about Cookie, she has been way too spoiled, and allowed to act poorly.
I agree. I love getting the best quality at the lowest price possible if I am able but it is not an obsession. The tree remark was ridiculous and I'm sure he knew it but just had to say it, anyway.

She clearly loves him to death, and I wonder how much is just for the cameras, but I often find him getting on my nerves. Maybe he is nothing like that in real life but his incessant pushing buttons is getting really old. If this is all real, at some point the egging on of the wife is going to backfire. He thinks he's cute right now but he might want to pull that back a bit. At some point the honeymoon is going to be over and he will be in for a big shock.

I recently heard someone give a new husband advice. He said that if he is wrong, admit it right away. If he is right, never tell his wife that. You can see his own father knows how it works but he might have to pull Jason aside at some point and give him some tips.

I was never a big fan of the party planner, although he grew on me a bit. But I was mortified that Cookie was allowed to act that way to that man. This constant yapping and stealing food is really ridiculous. I firmly believe that you can learn a lot by how someone handles their dog and that worries me. She gives a lot of lip service but she really allows that dog to do what she wants. I'm irritated by people that not-so-secretly find bad pet behavior to be amusing.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:21 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,475,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I agree. I love getting the best quality at the lowest price possible if I am able but it is not an obsession. The tree remark was ridiculous and I'm sure he knew it but just had to say it, anyway.

She clearly loves him to death, and I wonder how much is just for the cameras, but I often find him getting on my nerves. Maybe he is nothing like that in real life but his incessant pushing buttons is getting really old. If this is all real, at some point the egging on of the wife is going to backfire. He thinks he's cute right now but he might want to pull that back a bit. At some point the honeymoon is going to be over and he will be in for a big shock.

I recently heard someone give a new husband advice. He said that if he is wrong, admit it right away. If he is right, never tell his wife that. You can see his own father knows how it works but he might have to pull Jason aside at some point and give him some tips.

I was never a big fan of the party planner, although he grew on me a bit. But I was mortified that Cookie was allowed to act that way to that man. This constant yapping and stealing food is really ridiculous. I firmly believe that you can learn a lot by how someone handles their dog and that worries me. She gives a lot of lip service but she really allows that dog to do what she wants. I'm irritated by people that not-so-secretly find bad pet behavior to be amusing.
If she allows the dog to act that way, imagine how Bryn is going to act when she gets older? Nothing like a rude, disrespectful child is there? What's worse? Parents who find it amusing (as I'm sure B will).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV