Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 11:37 PM

36,692 posts, read 67,707,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Good luck on your adoption, you are doing a wonderful thing for a child. Just remember that kids need love and boundaries, not stuff, or getting their own way all the time. You don't have to "make up" for anything, just be the best parent you can be, and your kids will love you for it. As other parents have said on this thread, it's not important that your kids like you all the time, it's much better to give them limits, even when thy claim to hate you (and they probably will at times, but they will never mean it), and know that they will love you for helping them be great people. A good parent can't be afraid to be the bad guy sometimes, kids need limits, and as much as they might complain kids generally like the limits, it helps them feel safe and cared for.

There is no such thing as a perfect family, or the perfect way to raise children, anyone who says there is are either lying, or trying to push some agenda, all parents just do the best they can. Try to surround yourself with a good support system with family, friends, church, or whatever works for you, and don't be afraid to ask for help.
Thanks. This is very reassuring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 12:20 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,407,809 times
I usually wait until the next day to watch shows but I couldn't help myself; I just couldn't wait.

So, I bawled like a baby. This is one of the best shows I've watched in a long time. Such a positive message.

There were so many negative or off-base comments made on this thread and ultimately I think they came from people with their own personal baggage. None of those crazy predictions came true. Those things came from within people's own dark places projected onto someone they don't even know.

So many Bravo shows are about "characters" trying to reinvent themselves in the most pretentious ways. Yet, Bethenny was herself all along and came from a place of "yes." In the end, it was about being positive for one another as women.

What a beautiful finale.

"Montclair" I have some experiences regarding adoption and I cannot tell you enough how happy I am when I hear someone wants to adopt.

As you may have noticed, I often talk about my "privileged" but abusive upbringing. As a child, my neighbor was gay. I absolutely adored that man. Because of the kindness that he showed me I often said I wished he had been my parent instead of what I was stuck with.

Know that you will be a great parent. Just love the child with all your heart and soul. If you are willing to lay down your life for your child then you are doing it right. The rest will come. None of us are perfect parents. But as an adoptive gay parent always know that you are doing it better than some biological straight parents that never understood the gift they were given.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:50 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,610,385 times
I thought the episode last night was great, I loved the flashbacks when she first ordered a skinnygirl margarita with Luann and when she was talking about "having it all" with Jill. Even though Bethenny isn't friendly with them anymore; those memories were back when things were good.

That was so funny when Jason's mom said "oh there wasn't too much ****" or something like that. I laughed for 5 minutes. Her jokes on stage were hilarious as well. Great episode. I can't wait to see what comes after happily ever after! How do you think they're going to alter the title of the show for next season?

Old 05-10-2011, 09:11 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,370,017 times
I'm wondering if there will be a next season. Bethenny hinted at how she wanted to spend as much time as she could with Bryn and now that she is rich, she has the option to do so. I'm sure she will always be driven, but as much as I enjoyed the show, I hope she will get out of the rat race she's been in, including the show. She deserves to take time to relish her success and happy family.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:26 AM

I'm waiting for a daytime talk show. I would not be surprised if that is in the works.

And I absolutely love Jason's parents, especially his dad. Everything to him is "awesome."

Old 05-10-2011, 11:49 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,491,612 times
I missed last night's episode!! I don't know how I managed to miss it, but I did.

I'm guessing it was about her getting $120M for Skinny Girl margaritas?

I'm just so happy for Bethenny and the amazing and wonderful life she's created for herself. I hope that now that she's financially secure for life, she will take some time to just chill out with her family and enjoy Brynn's childhood. I know she mentioned how she loved that beach house in Malibu. I wonder if she'll buy a home there?

Old 05-10-2011, 12:46 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,214,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
I'm wondering if there will be a next season. Bethenny hinted at how she wanted to spend as much time as she could with Bryn and now that she is rich, she has the option to do so. I'm sure she will always be driven, but as much as I enjoyed the show, I hope she will get out of the rat race she's been in, including the show. She deserves to take time to relish her success and happy family.
I would miss this show, but if she decides to move on, I will wish her the best. I hope other producers take a look at this show, and start producing more positive reality shows, I'm sick of all the nastiness, this show has been such a nice change.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:22 PM

She told Andy she probably won't be moving to California, although she could get a second home there. She said she has projects in New York. I still say she is going to have a talk show.

Andy acted proud as a peacock about Bethenny but it's funny because I read an article that said Bravo is kicking themselves that they didn't get a cut of Bethenny's money. I say they make enough as it is. They certainly don't pay these people enough to bring cameras into their homes. The Jersey Shore clowns get more per episode.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:31 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,214,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
She told Andy she probably won't be moving to California, although she could get a second home there. She said she has projects in New York. I still say she is going to have a talk show.

Andy acted proud as a peacock about Bethenny but it's funny because I read an article that said Bravo is kicking themselves that they didn't get a cut of Bethenny's money. I say they make enough as it is. They certainly don't pay these people enough to bring cameras into their homes. The Jersey Shore clowns get more per episode.
Jeez, Bravo has no right to make any more money off them when they aren't paid anywhere near what other reality TV shows pay.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:34 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,569,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I'm waiting for a daytime talk show. I would not be surprised if that is in the works.

And I absolutely love Jason's parents, especially his dad. Everything to him is "awesome."
She should she is witty, down to earth, and not fake.

IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV