Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 10:28 AM

1,488 posts, read 2,616,013 times

Advertisements

I put this in the WWHL thread but it's kind of about B too, so I'll post her also:

OK, so last night Andy was clearly ridiculing Kelly LOL. It was so mean but hilarious because it was Kelly Anyway, there was a question of what she thinks about Bethenny's success, Kelly replies "it's a great testimony to Bravo and how Bravo can make you a star" (something to that extent). Then Andy asks "a testiment to Bethenny, or Bravo?" She says "yes a testimony to Bravo". LOL. The girl's so jealous she can't even give credit where credit is due. Yes, I agree Bravo greatly assisted in launching Brand Bethenny but the girl had her brand in the works before RHW's, and she had other connections and investors before the show. B is so driven, I certainly think she would have made it eventually even without being on reality TV. It may have taken a while longer, but I think her brand would have been a hit regardless. She was savvy enough to use Bravo as a tool really. Anyway, it's almost as if Bravo/Andy has Kelly on RHW's and WWHL just to mock her. I don't think Andy likes her really; just look at the way he talks and questions her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 12:50 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,671,498 times
According to the article, she fired Raw Talent in 2008, and then made a deal with someone else.

Meanwhile....2009 rolls by, and.....2010 rolls by --- no lawsuit.

Then all of a sudden in 2011 - after she makes a ton of cash - Raw Talent conveniently remembers they talked to her in 2008.

It seems to me that many will think twice before talking to or negotiating with Raw Talent.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:54 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,671,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
I put this in the WWHL thread but it's kind of about B too, so I'll post her also:

OK, so last night Andy was clearly ridiculing Kelly LOL. It was so mean but hilarious because it was Kelly Anyway, there was a question of what she thinks about Bethenny's success, Kelly replies "it's a great testimony to Bravo and how Bravo can make you a star" (something to that extent). Then Andy asks "a testiment to Bethenny, or Bravo?" She says "yes a testimony to Bravo". LOL. The girl's so jealous she can't even give credit where credit is due. Yes, I agree Bravo greatly assisted in launching Brand Bethenny but the girl had her brand in the works before RHW's, and she had other connections and investors before the show. B is so driven, I certainly think she would have made it eventually even without being on reality TV. It may have taken a while longer, but I think her brand would have been a hit regardless. She was savvy enough to use Bravo as a tool really. Anyway, it's almost as if Bravo/Andy has Kelly on RHW's and WWHL just to mock her. I don't think Andy likes her really; just look at the way he talks and questions her.
Yeah, all she did was confirm that she is jealous of B and in denial or delusional about, well...just about everything - including her "performance" last season.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:46 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,404,531 times
Regarding the lawsuit, thank goodness we have the judicial system in place. Anyone can say anything about anyone, it doesn't make it true. But a lot of snakes rely on people and corporations settling just because they don't have the time or money to fight it.

There's his story, her story and the truth in all of these situations and it is up to the process to sort it all out.

Yes, I caught Kelly saying something about "giving good tv" and Andy shot her a look like "Are you sure that's what it is?"

Old 05-13-2011, 05:08 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,258,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
They will decide in his favor if that's actually what happened but I'm sure the events were more complicated than that. We don't know why she fired him. And is an oral contract really upheld in court? I wonder if anyone else heard this oral contract... but why wouldn't he have sued immediately after she signed the contract if this was really the case? He waited until she was a millionaire.
It's not an oral contract. She signed him as a manager---with a real written contract specifying he would be paid a percentage of her earnings. If he was still her manager when she sold Skinnygirl, he would have earned a percentage. The technicality will be in if it matters that he was fired a few days prior to her making the deal---since his representation contributed to the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
OK, so last night Andy was clearly ridiculing Kelly LOL. It was so mean but hilarious because it was Kelly Anyway, there was a question of what she thinks about Bethenny's success, Kelly replies "it's a great testimony to Bravo and how Bravo can make you a star" (something to that extent). Then Andy asks "a testiment to Bethenny, or Bravo?" She says "yes a testimony to Bravo". LOL.
He should have asked: If it's all Bravo, why is Bethany the star and not you?

Old 05-13-2011, 05:24 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,393,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I like Bethany and enjoy the show, but this lawsuit doesn't appear to be without merit. She hired the guy, agreed to split the profits, he introduces her to the power players in the business - which is exactly why she hired him in the first place - and then she fires him, two days before she signs the deal?

I don't know what really went down - none of us do - but it sure sounds like this guy has a case, and the courts may decide in his favor.
I wrote the above yesterday, but today Bethany spoke!

Quote:
"Unfortunately, one of the signs of success is being the subject of frivolous lawsuits, like this one. This is simply someone with his hand out, who did nothing to earn it, and I am not going to be bullied."
Bethenny Frankel Speaks Out Against Former Manager's $100 Million Lawsuit | PerezHilton.com
Usually I'd read a statement like that, and assume that a publicist wrote it, and that it might or might not be true? But this is Bethany, and if there's one thing I believe about her, it's that she says what she means. She just doesn't play the opaque doublespeak game.

So yeah, I'm thinking the lawsuit may be a bit more frivolous than it appeared to be yesterday...

Old 05-13-2011, 07:49 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,490,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
Yeah, all she did was confirm that she is jealous of B and in denial or delusional about, well...just about everything - including her "performance" last season.

.... and didn't she bring her "Kelly" drink for Andy?? Remember last year, when she said she "invented" a drink at the reunion? And at the island house, she asked if B had read her "book" (a book of photos -- nothing to 'read'). Then, last season (or earlier this?), she was saying she wants to get married and have another baby so Sea and Teddy can have a "normal life".

She wants everything Bethenny has. It's that simple. KooKoo Kelly is jealous beyond words of Bethenny and STILL isn't over it!

It seems that now, Kelly has zeroed in on Cindy --- calling her "amazing" and "uber smart" and all this other crap. Let's see how long it takes KooKoo to have her mental break this time.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:28 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,616,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
.... and didn't she bring her "Kelly" drink for Andy?? Remember last year, when she said she "invented" a drink at the reunion? And at the island house, she asked if B had read her "book" (a book of photos -- nothing to 'read'). Then, last season (or earlier this?), she was saying she wants to get married and have another baby so Sea and Teddy can have a "normal life".

She wants everything Bethenny has. It's that simple. KooKoo Kelly is jealous beyond words of Bethenny and STILL isn't over it!

It seems that now, Kelly has zeroed in on Cindy --- calling her "amazing" and "uber smart" and all this other crap. Let's see how long it takes KooKoo to have her mental break this time.
Sea and Teddy will never have a normal life with those names, and Kelly as their mother

Old 06-15-2011, 09:32 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,393,943 times
Evidently she got to tape a pilot for the talk show!

Quote:
Taping on the advice-based talk show pilot started earlier this month. Telepictures, the production company behind Ellen DeGeneres' show and Anderson Cooper's upcoming daytime series, is behind the pilot. DeGeneres is also involved with the project.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/bethenny-f...olvement/65193
Now it just has to get picked up...

Old 06-15-2011, 10:19 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,490,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Evidently she got to tape a pilot for the talk show!

Now it just has to get picked up...

OMG... if she gets a talk show, this will send both KooKoo Kelly and Jill right over the edge!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV