Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 01:35 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,569,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Jeez, Bravo has no right to make any more money off them when they aren't paid anywhere near what other reality TV shows pay.

really greedy bast@@rds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 01:39 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,490,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
She told Andy she probably won't be moving to California, although she could get a second home there. She said she has projects in New York. I still say she is going to have a talk show.

Andy acted proud as a peacock about Bethenny but it's funny because I read an article that said Bravo is kicking themselves that they didn't get a cut of Bethenny's money. I say they make enough as it is. They certainly don't pay these people enough to bring cameras into their homes. The Jersey Shore clowns get more per episode.

I think it would be great if she got a talk show. The only thing she would have to do would be to tone down her sarcasm and her self-deprecation.

I think the best format for her would be something about the "Skinny Girl Lifestyle" and incorporate everything from her site into the show, including "Nick's Culinary Crawl". (He seems like such a nice guy. Very smart and very sweet and is very passionate about food. She should have hired him in season one rather than the do-nothing guy Max). She could really make it a fun show. New York based, of course!! (so I can get tickets!! LOL!!!!)

Old 05-10-2011, 02:23 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,616,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I would miss this show, but if she decides to move on, I will wish her the best. I hope other producers take a look at this show, and start producing more positive reality shows, I'm sick of all the nastiness, this show has been such a nice change.
I agree. I've pretty much dumped all other catty reality shows but stayed on the Bethenny train. None of them are a "must see" for me anymore except this one.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:41 AM

36,481 posts, read 16,079,525 times
I wonder if she will do another season. Oh the talk show would be good too.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:28 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,529,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I missed last night's episode!! I don't know how I managed to miss it, but I did.

I'm guessing it was about her getting $120M for Skinny Girl margaritas?

I'm just so happy for Bethenny and the amazing and wonderful life she's created for herself. I hope that now that she's financially secure for life, she will take some time to just chill out with her family and enjoy Brynn's childhood. I know she mentioned how she loved that beach house in Malibu. I wonder if she'll buy a home there?
I just read it was $200 million
Could you imagine!

It was a great season & they are, as many have posted, a positive & real couple/show compared to so much of the other stuff that is on right now.

I also hope she chills for awhile. She is so driven & very smart, so I am sure she has other ideas popping in her head.

She said on WWHL on Sunday night that they go to LA every weekend now but have no plans on moving out there full time due to her business responsibilities in NYC.

They are a grounded couple, each w/ their quirks & nuisances. Very likeable.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:40 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,393,943 times
Such a sweet episode! And such a great finale! I love it when a show makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside that the good feelings last into the next day - and this show made me feel that happy. It was just the perfect ending to the season!

As for whether or not there will be another season - I would bet 100% there will be. Bethany is much too driven, and loves her current life far too much, to not do the show. Especially now that her company is profitable, and she's set for money - it will make it even easier for her to devote time to the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
I thought the episode last night was great, I loved the flashbacks when she first ordered a skinnygirl margarita with Luann and when she was talking about "having it all" with Jill. Even though Bethenny isn't friendly with them anymore; those memories were back when things were good.
I loved that too! Remembering those moments, and seeing how far she's come was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I read an article that said Bravo is kicking themselves that they didn't get a cut of Bethenny's money.
I wondered about that because usually there's a clause in the contract about anything created on a show belongs to the show. Like the songs written on some of these reality shows, are owned by the production company - unless the musician has it written into their contract that they own any work they produce on the show. So I've always wondered if Bravo got a cut of SkinnyGirl, since they showcased the birth of the concept and company for several seasons? Definitely complicated! And if they aren't getting a cut, I bet they are definitely going to be more careful in the future!

Old 05-11-2011, 01:49 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,616,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Such a sweet episode! And such a great finale! I love it when a show makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside that the good feelings last into the next day - and this show made me feel that happy. It was just the perfect ending to the season!

As for whether or not there will be another season - I would bet 100% there will be. Bethany is much too driven, and loves her current life far too much, to not do the show. Especially now that her company is profitable, and she's set for money - it will make it even easier for her to devote time to the show.

I loved that too! Remembering those moments, and seeing how far she's come was great!

I wondered about that because usually there's a clause in the contract about anything created on a show belongs to the show. Like the songs written on some of these reality shows, are owned by the production company - unless the musician has it written into their contract that they own any work they produce on the show. So I've always wondered if Bravo got a cut of SkinnyGirl, since they showcased the birth of the concept and company for several seasons? Definitely complicated! And if they aren't getting a cut, I bet they are definitely going to be more careful in the future!
I'm not 100% sure on this but although SkinnyGirl was showcased on Bravo, I don't think the idea originated there. I'm sure Bethenney had her brand in the works (beginning phase possibly) even before she was on RHW's. Perhaps the ladies that have been innovative before the show are probably safe from any contract clause? But yes, I agree that if they didn't get a cut, Bravo will be thinking about adding it to the contract next time around LOL.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:39 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,393,943 times
I bet you're right taydev, about the creation of SkinnyGirl pre-dating the show. And Bethany is smart enough to protect her rights to her business.

I barely remember a show that was only on one season - The Apprentice: Martha Stewart - but when I first saw Bethany on RHONY, I knew that I'd seen her before - but I couldn't figure out why until I read about the Apprentice connection much later. And then I remembered her! She was the one on that show that stuck out to me, and made the show worth watching. It would be fun to go back and see some of the footage from that show, all these years later! But the point is that Bethany was the runner up on that show - so she knew what she was getting into when she signed with Bravo. So I'm not surprised that SkinnyGirl was hers, and hers alone. She's smart.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:00 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,404,531 times
I thought I put up a link to the article where it mentions Bravo kicking itself for not putting in a clause to get a cut and that all networks are going to be mindful of this going forward. I just don't have the time to look, right now. But yes, the Skinnygirl brand was developed long before the show. Not the drink but the brand was. The streamlined logo came after, too. Witness the much chunkier girl lounging in the cocktail glass via the finale's flashback.

A couple of things.

I've read from several sources, a couple months back, that there will be a third season of "Bethenny" so she may be contractually obligated.

I once again have to drive home the irony of the people with their dire predictions for her while all along Bethenny was the executive producer of the show. Bethenny had everyone watching exactly what she wanted to show them.

I read a Time article about Bethenny today that eloquently explains why Bethenny was successful while the other New York City housewives were not. It really showcases the Team Bethenny people and why they pulled for her while the others rued her success. Bethenny pulled it off on so many levels while the faux ladies that lunch were left holding their toaster ovens, shapewear and badly-sung singles.

"Vulgar, vulnerable, wise and neurotic, Bethenny Frankel, Bravo's last-minute addition to its blockbuster series The Real Housewives of New York City, was a poor man's Housewife from the first. Not a wife (single Frankel was expanding her catering business) nor a homeowner (she rented her Upper East Side one-bedroom), she weathered patronizing barbs from older, wealthier castmates for these and other deficiencies with a captivating mix of insouciance and insecurity.

Ah, how the Juvederm has turned."

Bethenny Frankel: From 'Housewives' Star to Thriving Mogul - TIME

Old 05-11-2011, 03:51 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,610,385 times
OMG, love this article! It so eloquently explains what I've been thinking all along!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV