Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2015, 03:14 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,571,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
It's shown worldwide, with either dubbing or subtitles. I read that on one of the Doc Martin websites . . . can't remember exactly which countries. It's hugely popular.
I personally really like it but it's not as huge as say only fools and horses or minder ( classic British comedies ).

Honestly it's a very pleasant surprise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 03:39 PM

25,669 posts, read 17,441,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I personally really like it but it's not as huge as say only fools and horses or minder ( classic British comedies ).

Honestly it's a very pleasant surprise
If it were not for closed captions, we would not understand it at all.

We're new to viewing it, and Elaine's strange use of the English language just leaves us in stitches. But we're Southern, so we have our own literary challenges.

( How do they know when to tag "innit" on to the end of a sentence?)

Old 10-10-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

We're new to viewing it, and Elaine's strange use of the English language just leaves us in stitches. But we're Southern, so we have our own literary challenges.

Yes the Cornish accent lol or country accent as its known here. I could imagine the misunderstanding there

I'm the same I like southern American shows like big rich Texas and big tips Texas and understand it fine but when I watch lizard lick towing ( North Carolina ) at times I have to pause and rewind but I do find it funny especially when a row kicks off.

However I do love the southern accent btw.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:51 PM

664 posts, read 1,030,370 times
You can see it on Netflex.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:53 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,807,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

I believe that "innit" is their version of "isn't it". It's used as "isn't it" a lot in the Asian Indian culture, from what I've observed first-hand with some of my Asian Indian co-workers. Londoncowboy, am I right?

Old 10-10-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I believe that "innit" is their version of "isn't it". It's used as "isn't it" a lot in the Asian Indian culture, from what I've observed first-hand with some of my Asian Indian co-workers. Londoncowboy, am I right?
BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | It's Hinglish, innit?

It appears your spot on it's a common word and even I didn't know where it come from LOL

Buts the Indians are really funny at pronouncing English words and I think it's something that British homour had picked up on.

Very impressed

Old 10-10-2015, 06:57 PM

9,545 posts, read 16,586,522 times
Quote:
By the way I still can't believe it's shown in the USA

I was surprised it shows over here also. Usually all we get for TV are shows in reference to murder and violence, reality TV shows. Then of course much of American TV is commercials, related to every Prescription Drug on earth. Perhaps that is why there is an audience for PBS and Doc Martin. Many of us are starved for decent TV, which frequently comes from the UK. Some great TV programs comes out of the UK.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I was surprised it shows over here also. Usually all we get for TV are shows in reference to murder and violence, reality TV shows. Then of course much of American TV is commercials, related to every Prescription Drug on earth. Perhaps that is why there is an audience for PBS and Doc Martin. Many of us are starved for decent TV, which frequently comes from the UK. Some great TV programs comes out of the UK.
Lmao we get the adverts as well especially itv and channel 5

We've had a lot it GREAT programs over the years but I watch the ones mentioned earlier plus pawn stars, real house wives of Beverly Hills, mob wives, modern family and house all American.

I'm maybe it's a faze for me but I am enjoying it lol

Old 10-10-2015, 07:47 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,807,165 times
Quote:
BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | It's Hinglish, innit?

It appears your spot on it's a common word and even I didn't know where it come from LOL

Buts the Indians are really funny at pronouncing English words and I think it's something that British homour had picked up on.

Very impressed
Thank you! I loved the article. Fascinating stuff.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Thank you! I loved the article. Fascinating stuff.
It's good innit!!!!! 😂😂😂👍
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV