Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 03:33 PM

400 posts, read 750,629 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
From what I read, there will be a final (7th) series of this wonderful program-see links below.

American public tv blog post, from a month ago:
So

British tv site article, from a few days ago:
Filming begins on Doc Martin series 7 | News | Doc Martin | What's on TV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 03:35 PM

400 posts, read 750,629 times
I've only recently discovered Doc Martin while flipping channels. I really do like his quirky character and the scenery is beautiful. Looking for a way to view episodes at no cost online (for a friend who can't afford cable), I found this.
Watch Doc Martin Online - at Hulu

Old 04-24-2015, 02:57 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,932,372 times
My husband and I loved the first five seasons, but season six we didn't think was nearly as good. It seemed like the actors, starting with Martin Clunes (whom I love), just weren't into the show anymore; like their hearts weren't in it and it was just a job. The story lines seemed weak and uninspired. Maybe they shouldn't take TWO year breaks in between seasons.

The recent addition of Aunt Ruth I have enjoyed the most. I didn't like that Mrs. Tishell had to return after her break-down. She's so unpleasant and even more so now.

Oh, the new receptionist can't hold a candle at all to the two previous ones (played by the talented Lucy Punch and the very funny Katherine Parkinson).

Hopefully season seven will get back to what the show was in seasons one to five.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:27 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,851,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
My husband and I loved the first five seasons, but season six we didn't think was nearly as good. It seemed like the actors, starting with Martin Clunes (whom I love), just weren't into the show anymore; like their hearts weren't in it and it was just a job. The story lines seemed weak and uninspired. Maybe they shouldn't take TWO year breaks in between seasons.

The recent addition of Aunt Ruth I have enjoyed the most. I didn't like that Mrs. Tishell had to return after her break-down. She's so unpleasant and even more so now.

Oh, the new receptionist can't hold a candle at all to the two previous ones (played by the talented Lucy Punch and the very funny Katherine Parkinson).

Hopefully season seven will get back to what the show was in seasons one to five.
Great can't wait, I see Louisa plays a police Sargent in an english series as well, LOL you don't like Mrs Tishell ?

Old 04-24-2015, 03:36 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,932,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Great can't wait, I see Louisa plays a police Sargent in an english series as well, LOL you don't like Mrs Tishell ?
Yes, we watched the series, Murder in Suburbia, with Caroline Catz (aka Louisa) and Lisa Faulkner. I really liked that show, but it was only on for two series.

Ewww, Mrs. Tishell grosses me out.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, we watched the series, Murder in Suburbia, with Caroline Catz (aka Louisa) and Lisa Faulkner. I really liked that show, but it was only on for two series.

Ewww, Mrs. Tishell grosses me out.
Just checked TV guide it's on May 2-9 both at 11pm , why so late, it's use to be 8 pm

Old 04-24-2015, 06:32 PM

14,785 posts, read 8,123,845 times
Love Doc Martin...did the Netflix binging and watch it on PBS on Thursdays now - so glad they are making another season.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:28 PM

2,923 posts, read 1,990,109 times
Just finished the newest season on Netflix. It was my least favorite so far but still enjoyable to some extent. It's lost it's luster and was a bit boring at times.

Someone else mentioned the receptionist not being as good as the first two, but I thought she was the best one yet just because she acted more normal.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:48 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,376,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Great can't wait, I see Louisa plays a police Sargent in an english series as well,
Quote:
^Just to add, yes Caroline Catz played a cop in Murder in Suburbia (which I enjoyed),
but she also is currently playing a cop in the newest season of DCI Banks.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
^Just to add, yes Caroline Catz played a cop in Murder in Suburbia (which I enjoyed),
but she also is currently playing a cop in the newest season of DCI Banks.
Yes DCI Banks is the one I saw her in , she looks the same ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV