Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 04:45 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,911,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The infection had already spread to some, that's why they
put everyone in a separate area.
Yet again your timline is off I do believe. There hadn't been a quarantine area established yet.
Quote:
That along with the people out getting meds, from a place that Herschel was
pretty certain had the meds, why not wait? Glenn was 'very' sick too, but she
didn't kill him off.
No one was getting meds at that point. They didn't leave until after Karen and David were killed.
Quote:
Again, it doesn't matter who was sick first, sick is sick. If she had wanted to contain it by killing the infected then there was nothing that would have stopped her from going cell to cell to kill everyone that was infected.
?
When she killed Karen and David, those were the ONLY two who were sick at all. Get it?

Old 03-18-2014, 05:28 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,072,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Spoiler
Cannibals???
Sí señior!

Spoiler
My theory is that the folks at Terminus (if they are indeed the cannibals that appear at this point in the comic) put those signs everywhere to lure people in essentially bringing the food to them rather than having to go out and kill people and bring them back.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:43 PM

23,823 posts, read 12,658,288 times
Quote:
Yet again your timline is off I do believe. There hadn't been a quarantine area established yet.

No one was getting meds at that point. They didn't leave until after Karen and David were killed.

When she killed Karen and David, those were the ONLY two who were sick at all.
Okay I'm not so small that I cannot admit when I'm wrong .. yes the trek to get the meds began after those two were killed.

As for the quarantine and who was sick first, I'm not off about that.
K & D were not the first ones to become sick. There were many that were sick before them. Some of those who were sick had died and changed. Remember the fight inside the prison when those in the group had changed and were going after everyone else?

After that fight it was decided to put all of the remaining flu infected group members, along with those who only showed the beginning symptoms of the flu, into quarantine. At that point Karen was 'just beginning' to show flu symptoms, so she was put into quarantine with the others, some who were far sicker than she was.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:00 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,979,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
Damn... Spoiler Alert!

True Detective is a completely different show, and infinitely better in regards to acting and writing.

But that's my opinion and we are allowed to disagree friend, so don't take it personally.
I thought True Detective was a terrible series, JMHO so don't take it personally. But I love to watch Matthew McConaughey! I'm glad it was only 8 episodes. Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey played their roles good but the story was a drag and could have been completed in an hour and a half movie.

The Walking Dead is my favorite and I needed it after withdrawal symptoms from Breaking Bad. It's different to me with the myriad cast of different personalities thrown together with one purpose, to survive. The makeup and visual effect artists are excellent, again JMHO. This season has been dragging, ho hum, but we are nearing the end and it's picked up and this past episode was WOW for me. Again, survival trumped love when Carol had to kill Lizzie.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:19 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,164,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I thought True Detective was a terrible series, JMHO so don't take it personally. But I love to watch Matthew McConaughey! I'm glad it was only 8 episodes. Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey played their roles good but the story was a drag and could have been completed in an hour and a half movie.
Everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion. We can both agree MM is pretty dreamy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
The Walking Dead is my favorite and I needed it after withdrawal symptoms from Breaking Bad. It's different to me with the myriad cast of different personalities thrown together with one purpose, to survive. The makeup and visual effect artists are excellent, again JMHO. This season has been dragging, ho hum, but we are nearing the end and it's picked up and this past episode was WOW for me. Again, survival trumped love when Carol had to kill Lizzie.
I wonder if the episode would have been so "WOW" without the controversial killing of an innocent child at the end. Before that, it was a snooze-fest for sure for me.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:34 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,911,722 times
Quote:
Okay I'm not so small that I cannot admit when
I'm wrong .. yes the trek to get the meds began after those two were killed.
As for the quarantine and who was sick first, I'm not off about that.
K & D were not the first ones to become sick. There were many that
were sick before them. Some of those who were sick had died and changed.
Remember the fight inside the prison when those in the group had
changed and were going after everyone else?
Yes, I'm afraid you are off about that.

Yeah, I remember the fight at the prison, it was caused by the boy with glasses, { can't remember his name } who was the very first to get sick, and fell over dead in the showers. He then turned in to a walker and started biting people, turning them in to walkers as well, and then they started biting people too. Before that, nobody was sick.

That was what caused the fight in the prison, not people dying from the sickness. After the fight at the prison, Karen and David started showing signs of being sick. At the time, they were in fact the only ones.
Quote:
After that fight it was decided to put all of the remaining flu infected group
members, along with those who only showed the beginning symptoms of the flu,
into quarantine.
Before the fight no one was even sick, and no one knew there was a virus.
Quote:
At that point Karen was 'just beginning' to show flu symptoms, so she
was put into quarantine with the others, some who were far sicker than she
was.
Sorry, but you're wrong. I think you need to go back and re watch the first three episodes. Karen and David were the first to be put in to quarantine, because they were the first and only to be sick at the time. Don't you remember them being put in to two cells? The larger quarantine area wasn't established until later, because no one was sick yet... { oh, I take that back, Violet the pig was sick lol }

You have your facts and your timeline all messed up.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:53 AM

23,823 posts, read 12,658,288 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm afraid you are off about that.

Yeah, I remember the fight at the prison, it was caused by the boy with glasses, { can't remember his name } who was the very first to get sick, and fell over dead in the showers. He then turned in to a walker and started biting people, turning them in to walkers as well, and then they started biting people too. Before that, nobody was sick.

That was what caused the fight in the prison, not people dying from the sickness. After the fight at the prison, Karen and David started showing signs of being sick. At the time, they were in fact the only ones.

Before the fight no one was even sick, and no one knew there was a virus.

Sorry, but you're wrong. I think you need to go back and re watch the first three episodes. Karen and David were the first to be put in to quarantine, because they were the first and only to be sick at the time. Don't you remember them being put in to two cells? The larger quarantine area wasn't established until later, because no one was sick yet...{ oh, I take that back, Violet the pig was sick lol }

You have your facts and your timeline all messed up.
Okay, I re-watched episodes 2 and 3.
In episode 2 - Patrick (the one in the shower) was sick and died from it. Another person named Charlie died from the flu, in his locked cell. Charlie locked himself in since he was a sleepwalker, he had no contact with Patrick. And, like you mentioned, there was Violet.

The regulars, Herschel, Carol, Daryl, etc., discussed what to do with everyone in cell block D because they were all infected. They decided to put everyone from cell block D into cell block A - which was death row. Yes Karen was noticed coughing, and David was mentioned as coughing. At the 'very' end of episode 2 is when Ty went to cell block A and found the blood trails and the bodies.

Episode 3 starts out with people out digging a bunch of graves and Dr. S is in a cell sitting next by a dead person and ready to stab that person in the head.
After that, Ty, Rick, Carol and Daryl were standing over the still smoldering bodies of Karen and David, and they were still where Ty had found them.
About that time, or shortly after, Sasha started feeling sick so she went to look for Dr. S. It appeared that everyone in the cell block were either sick, dying or dead and turned.

Yes Karen and David were the only ones put in cell block A. Everyone else (the nameless show extras that nobody cares about) that were infected were still in cell block D being sick, dying or dead.

I don't know how much time had passed from when Karen was put into cell block A, and when Ty went to visit her. It was light out when she was put in the cell, it was light out when Ty went to visit her and it was light out when all of the other people that were in cell block D were sick/dying/dead.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:16 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,742,740 times
Someone said the gang that found Daryl is the same one that Rick saw in the house. Do you think they took Beth? I remember they were talking about Michonne's shirt and calling dibs on who got to rape her first when she returned.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:41 AM

2,168 posts, read 3,139,561 times
It is the same group that Rick ran into but I don't think they are the ones who took Beth.

Just my $.02 worth.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:48 AM

10,199 posts, read 11,183,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Someone said the gang that found Daryl is the same one that Rick saw in the house. Do you think they took Beth? I remember they were talking about Michonne's shirt and calling dibs on who got to rape her first when she returned.
I think it's someone different...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV