Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 03:54 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
When I said that Carol had done it, why should I give a valid reason why she would confess to something she didn't do?

Give me answers to these questions ..
Why would Carol kill those two when they, along with the other infected people, were shut away from the rest of the group, and because they were away from the others they were not an immediate danger to the rest of the group?
Why would she kill them when she knew that there were people out getting the meds that would help them?
And the biggest question .. why would Carol kill ONLY those two and not ALL of the others that were infected, including Glenn?

I had already given my reasons why I think Carol killed only those two, but I want to hear what answers you and Tourian have to those questions.
Those are questions for the writers. Melisa McBride was on Talking Dead and discussed killing those two. Is it possible that if all that were really happening, the real-life Carol might have some explaining to do. But the actress is just reading lines on paper, and the lines say that she did it.

After the Gov stormed the prison and smashed through a fence with a hefty military vehicle with a big gun on top, nobody used that vehicle anymore. We need to go somewhere, so should we drive the rugged vehicle meant for rough terrain? Maybe the gun will be useful? Oh no, let's take the Prius.

Sometimes the writing doesn't go the direction you would choose!

Old 03-18-2014, 04:02 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,761,174 times
Quote:
When I said that Carol had done it, why should I give a valid reason why she would confess to something she didn't do?

Why would Carol kill those two when they, along with the other infected people, were shut away from the rest of the group, and because they were away from the others they were not an immediate danger to the rest of the group?
Why would she kill them when she knew that there were people out getting the meds that would help them?
And the biggest question .. why would Carol kill ONLY those two and not ALL of the others that were infected, including Glenn?

I had already given my reasons why I think Carol killed only those two, but I want to hear what answers you and Tourian have to those questions.
If I'm not mistaken, weren't they the first to get sick? I believe she thought she could "contain" the sickness but it didn't work.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:07 PM

23,671 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Those are questions for the writers. Melisa McBride was on Talking Dead and discussed killing those two. Is it possible that if all that were really happening, the real-life Carol might have some explaining to do. But the actress is just reading lines on paper, and the lines say that she did it.
And so did I, so what's your point?

Quote:
After the Gov stormed the prison and smashed through a fence with a hefty military vehicle with a big gun on top, nobody used that vehicle anymore. We need to go somewhere, so should we drive the rugged vehicle meant for rough terrain? Maybe the gun will be useful? Oh no, let's take the Prius.
Hmm, yeah, with fuel at a premium and hard to find, take something that gets about 6 mpg over something that gets about 50 mpg.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:09 PM

23,671 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtoal View Post
If I'm not mistaken, weren't they the first to get sick? I believe she thought she could "contain" the sickness but it didn't work.
It really doesn't matter who got sick first, sick is sick. If someone wanted to 'contain' an outbreak by killing the infected then they would kill all that were infected.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:10 PM

354 posts, read 304,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Ever watch Breaking Bad?
I have not seen this series yet. It's definitely on my list as I've heard it's extremely good. I am however a huge post-apocalyptic themed fan, so the walking dead is a must see, for me at least. I have not missed a single episode since release. And from my perspective, it seems to be improving as it goes along.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:19 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,761,174 times
Quote:
It really doesn't matter who got sick first, sick is sick. If someone wanted to 'contain' an outbreak by killing the infected then they would kill all that were infected.
I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was just making a statement.

Tourian pretty much answered what I was going to say regarding why Glenn and everyone else who were sick weren't killed, but yes, given the chance, I believe she would have killed them all, she just didn't get the chance since Rick was on to her and asked her to go on the supply run.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:22 PM

Don't know of this has been mentioned yet or not, but I had feeling when Tyreese watched Carol help Lizzie by killing her, he might have suspected she was the one who killed his girl friend.

You might think it odd I used the word help in the above sentence, but what Carol did was out of love, as harsh as that sounds. What choice did she have? They could not take her with them, because she's an obvious danger. Tyreese and Carol couldn't split up, because they needed one to care for the baby and one to defend. If they leave her alone, she'll either become a zombie or be consumed by them. The kindest thing to do, was what she did. This was a very poignant moment, but not my favorite. My favorite was Tyreese forgiving Carol. It's exactly what I would've done.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:25 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
Quote:
When I said that Carol had done it, why should I give a
valid reason why she would confess to something she didn't do?
Because it would help to know what you base your theory on. I think you have to admit that it wouldn't make any sense for Carol to continue to admit to something she didn't do after the true culprit is dead and no longer in need of protection, and if it doesn't fit, you must aquit.
Quote:
Ok.
Quote:
Why would Carol kill those two when they, along with the other infected people,
were shut away from the rest of the group, and because they were away from the
others they were not an immediate danger to the rest of the group?
There were no others that were showing clear signs of infection at that point. I can't remember whether or not a few people were quarantined yet, but those were the only two who were actually sick. The ones in quarantine were placed there only because they had been exposed to the infection, but were not yet sick. And yes they did pose a threat to the rest of the group. Anytime you have sick people in the same building as healthy people, there is a chance the virus can spread.
Quote:
Why would she kill them when she knew that there were people out getting the
meds that would help them?
You need to check your timeline.... Daryl, Michonne, Bob, and Tyreese hadn't left yet to go and fetch the medicine. They didn't leave till well after Karen and David were killed.
Quote:
And the biggest question .. why would Carol kill ONLY those two and not ALL of
the others that were infected, including Glenn?
Again, your timeline is off. Karen and David were the only two showing signs of illness when Carol killed them. She was trying to prevent the illness from spreading, and that failed, obviously.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 03-18-2014 at 04:35 PM..

Old 03-18-2014, 04:27 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,786,698 times
Quote:
Again, it doesn't matter who was sick first, sick is sick. If she had wanted to contain it by killing the infected then there was nothing that would have stopped her from going cell to cell to kill everyone that was infected.
It does matter. Glenn wasn't sick yet. The triage ward that took up a whole cell block hadn't been established yet. At that point everyone was just confining themselves to their own cells. She thought she could stop it with those two.
modcut

Last edited by Beretta; 03-20-2014 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: quoted post deleted

Old 03-18-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee
Again, it doesn't matter who was sick first, sick is sick. If she had wanted to
contain it by killing the infected then there was nothing that would have
stopped her from going cell to cell to kill everyone that was infected.
Common sense might stop someone at that point. First, the chance of being caught was probably much higher (more people watching now), and second and most importantly, the infection was probably not containable by those means at that point in time. Obviously it didn't work the first time, why try again with more people?

Also, wasn't she banished soon after the incident? If so, she wouldn't have had much of a chance. The Carol character may take drastic, extraordinary means, but she doesn't seem stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV