Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 02:38 PM

17,648 posts, read 22,699,708 times

Advertisements

Bye......Mika......& Lizzie.

Rest In Peace.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:40 PM

17,687 posts, read 15,397,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Was Herschel also mentally ill? After all, Herschel had Otis hunt down, capture and imprison zombies in the barn, where the imprisoned zombies were given a pretty decent mail, at least relative to what Rick and his group were eating prior to meeting Herschel.
Herschel was incorrect, which he admitted himself. He was so isolated from the 'real world' that he was viewing the ZA exclusively from a medical standpoint. The undead were sick, not dead.

Denial isn't mental illness. well.. it was close there..

Lizzie just didn't get it. Even when she was looking at the flowers.. which is probably everyone's favorite new saying today.. I don't think she knew that Carol was about to kill her. She was just upset (Because she thought) that Carol was mad at her

Old 03-17-2014, 03:38 PM

2,296 posts, read 3,960,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Herschel was incorrect, which he admitted himself. He was so isolated from the 'real world' that he was viewing the ZA exclusively from a medical standpoint. The undead were sick, not dead.

Lizzie just didn't get it. Even when she was looking at the flowers.. which is probably everyone's favorite new saying today.. I don't think she knew that Carol was about to kill her. She was just upset (Because she thought) that Carol was mad at her
Well, Lizzie was a young girl forced into adulthood much too soon. Perhaps allowing Mika to reanimate as a zombie could've been her "waking up" moment, similar to one Herschel got when Shane released the zombies from the barn.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:55 PM

23,982 posts, read 12,780,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
At first Carol said that Lizzy COULD have killed them by turning them into walkers and leading them into the courtyard. Carol would have found them and killed them again. I still think Lizzie did it and Carol is covering in case the meet up with Rick again and she doesn't have to change her story.
I am also one who had thought Lizzie was the one who had killed them, and Carol was covering for her. During last nights episode I was thinking that it may have been possible that Lizzie had tried to kill them, not by stabbing them in the head but by stabbing them in the torso so that they would die and turn. She was just learning how to use a knife at that point and she also probably didn't know exactly where to stab them to immediately kill them. When Carol found them still alive but mortally wounded she probably stabbed them in the head, then dragged them out to be burned before anyone could see the other stab wounds. She probably didn't know who it was that had initially stabbed them but probably thought it had to have been one of the kids that she was training. If that's the case then yeah, Carol killed them, but, they would have been dead soon anyway. As for her telling Rick and Ty the reason for killing them - protecting the group - those two were away from everyone else so they weren't an immediate threat to the rest of the group, and, Carol knew that Daryl and the others would be back with meds that could have helped the two.

If Carol did kill those two, but not because they were already mortally wounded, even though they weren't an immediate threat to the rest of the group and since meds to treat them were on the way, then she's just as, or more, dangerous as Lizzie was. If so, and if she'd been in the house with Rick and Carl, while Rick was almost comatose from his injuries, she probably would have killed Rick, to save Carl and herself, because it didn't look like Rick had that great of a chance of surviving his injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Wow. I swear it seems sometimes people hear or see something entirely different. This episode closed the book unequivocally on all of that. Carol did it. She wasn't covering for anyone.
Hmm, yeah. I can't remember if it was in this thread or in the BB thread, but someone else made a similar comment - 'they said it, so the case is closed' - when others had a different opinion on something .. but that 'case closed' person turned out to be wrong.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:55 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,774,902 times
You know Judith has to survive because not killing her back at the prison would be pointless otherwise. Rick and Carl don't know she survived, so we have to have them reunite. Either Carol or Ty can bring her, but both are not needed. if either of them dies, I imagine it would not be Carol, because like Judith she needs to reunite with the core group. Ty not so much.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:34 PM

589 posts, read 1,350,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
What book series is that if you don't mind me asking? I listen to "Darker Projects" the Byron Chronicles and they did a stint on the whole "Lazarus" being the first of the walking dead. If you know anything about Darker Projects they borrow themes from other stories (Star Trek, Dr. Who, etc. etc. etc.). I am interested in the original series that started that concept. Somewhat interesting.

That series was the Rot & Ruin series by Jonathan Maberry. It's a four volume young adult series which I loved (and I originally got the first book for my teen daughter). Light on the foul language, very light on the sex (teen couples hold hands and kiss, that's as far as it goes). NOT light on the zombie violence.

But if you prefer your zombie fighters to be old enough to drink, check out his Joe Ledger series, starting with Patient Zero.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:49 PM

18,090 posts, read 27,542,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
It's not a matter of "getting out more."

I liked Mika. She was a gentle soul. I have never liked Lizzie.
Agreed. Get out more means turn the idiot box off and go play outside.

I never liked Lizzy either. I'm glad that psycho girl got to go tend to the rabbits... or the flowers or whatever she does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Even though last night was a stunning episode, I have to wonder why Ty & Carole would go off together and leave 3 kids alone. That just didn't ring true for me, as I cant imagine doing that. Especially knowing that Carole knew something was wrong/dangerous about the crazy one. She couldn't have forseen the outcome, but she'd know at the very least the monster might encourage walkers. I'd have expected to come back and see her playing with them and the two little ones being eaten.

I never left my kids home alone at that age, much less with walkers around.
Well Carol wants some venison and she doesn't want it tomorrow.

Carol tried taking psycho gurl and her sister hunting but one wants to feed rats to walkers and the other wants peaches. Peaches ain't gonna cut it because Carol want meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Well, Lizzie was a young girl forced into adulthood much too soon. Perhaps allowing Mika to reanimate as a zombie could've been her "waking up" moment, similar to one Herschel got when Shane released the zombies from the barn.
Perhaps, but that would have been a waste of time. Besides, Mika was a precious flower, Lizzie, bad flower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
Also, to add, Lizzy couldn't tell the difference between right and wrong, which in legal terms, is called the M'Nagten Test. A person can be found not guilty by reason of insanity if they couldn't tell the difference between right and wrong and Lizzy didn't think killing Mika was wrong because she would come back to life. So we can say Lizzy definitely had a mental illness/defect.
Naw, I don't think so. The only illness Lizzie had was rebellion backsass and disrespect. Besides, these kids of the ZA gotta learn that children are to be seen but never heard unless they can pull their own weight, like Carl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Carl spent most of season 2 wandering off by himself and causing all sorts of trouble without adult supervision around.
Then he should shut up too. Carl, shame on you. Go to your room and no more pudding.

Last edited by McGowdog; 03-17-2014 at 07:12 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 PM

1,789 posts, read 2,389,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Also, to add, Lizzy couldn't tell the difference between right and wrong, which in legal terms, is called the M'Nagten Test. A person can be found not guilty by reason of insanity if they couldn't tell the difference between right and wrong and Lizzy didn't think killing Mika was wrong because she would come back to life. So we can say Lizzy definitely had a mental illness/defect.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:59 PM

4,719 posts, read 5,980,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Naw, I don't think so. The only illness Lizzie had was rebellion backsass and disrespect. Besides, these kids of the ZA gotta learn that children are to be seen but never heard unless they can pull their own weight, like Carl.
Carl spent most of season 2 wandering off by himself and causing all sorts of trouble without adult supervision around.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:26 PM

7,154 posts, read 4,877,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Judith is alive. In the last scene, where you see Tyreese and Carol walking away with their backs to the camera, Tyreese is carrying Judith on his back in some sort of pack. You couldn't see her because she was covered with a blanket, but you could tell it was Judith.

I didn't notice 3 graves.
I think it's kinda funny that Judith changes sizes depending on the scene. Toward the beginning of this episode, when Carol is holding the baby and telling Lizzie to go to bed, the baby looks like an infant in swaddling clothes. Then you see the actual baby awake, and it's a 10 month old baby. Then when they're leaving in that final scene, she apparently fits inside of a backpack! Back to newborn size again!

I thought it was a very moving episode, the best for me this season.

I think Melissa McBride is a great actor, and actually very pretty! She cleans up nice, as evidenced by her appearance on Talking Dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV