Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 11:32 PM

14,724 posts, read 14,698,528 times

Advertisements

I can think of other, more hard-hitting moments on television, but will say this was quite a riveting episode and probably the most cold-hearted/ballsy so far in the series. When they flashed to the Talking Dead preview during the commercial break, I thought the guests on the couch were hamming it up until I realized they were actually crying due to what was happening in real time!

Old 03-16-2014, 11:41 PM

354 posts, read 304,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I can think of other, more hard-hitting moments on television, but will say this was quite a riveting episode and probably the most cold-hearted/ballsy so far in the series. When they flashed to the Talking Dead preview during the commercial break, I thought the guests on the couch were hamming it up until I realized they were actually crying due to what was happening in real time!
Indeed. You could see how deeply it affected even the actress, Melissa McBride. She is an actress, but I don't believe those emotions were acting.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:45 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,916,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post

I hate to break it to you but the guests on the Talking Dead watch the show hours earlier than we do. The First audience member to ask a question revealed that.

Chris Hardwick : Are you ok?

Audience member: yeah I'm ok.... then again we did watch the show a couple hours ago

Chris Hardwick: yeah yeah what is your name and what is your question?

I guess it's supposed to be some sort of secret or something.

This is not the first time it has been eluded to either. Other guests have said things that would be tip offs that they watched it earlier. Evette Nicole Brown eluded to it tonight as well. She said something to the effect of " after I watched this episode I had to go back and watch the whole season and..."

So yeah, the cat is outa the bag that the guests and audience on Talking Dead are not watching the show with us. In reality, they watch the show hours earlier. Maybe even days.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 03-16-2014 at 11:58 PM..

Old 03-16-2014, 11:57 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,984,130 times
WOW the best episode this season. I haven't trusted Lizzie since she covered Judith's mouth to keep her quiet and she had a crazy look in her eyes. I am so glad she didn't kill Judith. But I liked Mika and Carol did what she had to do. I'm just glad Carol came clean with Tyreese and he is a good guy forgiving her. Of course he didn't have much of a choice.

The characters have really evolved since the first season it's all about survival now by any means.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:05 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,916,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
WOW the best episode this season. I haven't trusted Lizzie since she covered Judith's mouth to keep her quiet and she had a crazy look in her eyes. I am so glad she didn't kill Judith. But I liked Mika and Carol did what she had to do. I'm just glad Carol came clean with Tyreese and he is a good guy forgiving her. Of course he didn't have much of a choice.

The characters have really evolved since the first season it's all about survival now by any means.
A couple people have said this now.... You guys really think this was a better episode then when the prison got attacked and poor ole' Herschel got his head chopped off? For me, that was the best epi of the season..... and the entire series.... Really had my adrenaline pumping.

I would agree that this has been the best episode of the second half of this season though.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:58 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,273,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTaTHEIST View Post
Tonight's episode was the most amazing bit of drama to ever grace a TV set. I've never been so emotionally affected by a TV show before. I've been saying for quite sometime this is the best drama ever to hit TV, now I'm pretty much convinced of that.
Ever watch Breaking Bad?

Old 03-17-2014, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
... No

Hmm... Interesting observation. Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar though.

I honestly don't think Daryl is going anywhere. They stand to lose too many fans who might abandon the show as they have threatened to do if Daryl were to die off.
Kill Daryl, Im still watching. Just another character. Kill off Rick and Carl, and Im still watching until it gets cancelled. More of a fan of what the writers come up with than character development. Don't think this series is a good idea for those who get too involved in certain characters.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:11 AM

Carol took her out "Of Mice and Men/Mob" Style. Carol is becoming quite an assassin. Good thing that Ex of hers is already dead. Carl and Carl should be the new leaders of the group.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:18 AM

9,150 posts, read 14,798,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
She's on Tyreese's back.

Now. How many people will still think Mika killed Karen and David and that Carol is covering for her?
Seemed like they almost went out of their way to drive Hine that Carol did it. She even gave the explanation that a kid would have been too small.

Carol definitely is a different person that the original few episodes. This has brought out her bad ass side. At least when things have to be done.

I do wonder if this was the major character they were talking about this season.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:57 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,814,987 times
Yes. When she told Tyrese about the job requiring an adult I thought that had to be a reaction from all the fan speculation. I would think she had been better off giving a more vague answer to throw him off. He might have immediately asked how she knew so much about being as paranoid and as angry as I figure he is. However she had to make sure he didn't suspect Lizzie any more as well. But they played the whole thing well regardless.

I would think those two aren't that major enough as far as deaths are concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.