Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 12:25 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,064,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I like Clint, but I think Brandy will prove to be his biggest competition since I'll almost bet she is Trump's favorite. That comment she made last week about preferring older men was genius.

I was surprised she brought so little to the team creative effort though....and she whined! I didn't have her pegged for a whiner at all. Maybe she was just having a bad week.

I agree with Dave in not liking Stephanie at all. Her strength seems to be sucking up to whoever is PM in hopes of them not bringing her to the boardroom when they lose.

Liza could be the dark horse. In the past couple of challenges, had her team listened to her critic...it might have spared them a loss.

Did anyone read about this:

Today's Lady News: "Apprentice" Contestants Accuse Donald Trump Of Inappropriate Comments | The Frisky
I agree that Brandy will be Clint's biggest competition. She's very smart and has good leadership skills. If Clint doesn't make it to the end I'll probably root for her if she's still left. As far as Trump's inappropriate comments goes, I've noticed myself that he's made more comments this season about the women's physical appearence on the show than he usually does. I would expect Mahsa to complain because she's vindictive and has a horrible self-serving attitude but Gene saying something is another story! He always struck me as a classy guy. If he noticed it, it must have been a problem. Trump had better start watching what he says, that could certainly cause a lot of problems, not just on this show but with all the other women he works with in his organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 01:08 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,513,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Clint just wanted her to come up with the idea so he could lay the blame on her if they lost. She's no dummy. Nor should she,by virtue of being a woman take on his role as project manager and tell him what he should do.
I never said she should. I said she should have seen it as a great chance to contribute and help the team win while showing extra value in addition to whatever she can bring. I think he wanted her to help the team win so that they didn't have to lose in the first place, thus meaning there would be only credit to spread around, not blame.

If I am the only male and I get sent to a team of two women in a similar case, and the task involves advertising a product whose customers and users are overwhelmingly male, I'm not thinking I'm being set up. I'm thinking this is great: they need me, this will bring me into their tight group. I am not thinking I'm going to take charge and boss them around. I'm thinking I am their reality check, their perception check, their sounding board, as well as a source of ideas. I'm thinking we win this task and I have two quality teammates and we are going to mop up the floor with the other team, which will bicker its way to oblivion. I'm thinking I just iced final three, and I better start figuring out how to beat these two for the win.

Teamwork.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:43 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,837,883 times
OMG the girls team came up with the tackiest theme ever. I cannot believe the two ladies (minus Lisa) were all smiles. Thinking they did such a great job. My 8 year old would love it. Hello?

Clint's team did a perfect job, elegant, simple and caught your eye.

Anad (sp?) wow. That was unexpected. How stupid he was just to not admit it when confronted. Is he really THAT stupid? (obviously he is!) Why would Trump invite them into the board room if that wasn't the case. I don't think there was anything that Anad could have said to save him. And he has probably ruined any chance of getting a job any time soon.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:59 AM

624 posts, read 1,126,316 times
Wow The Apprentice this guy has no shame!

Quote:
Q) 2 Did you agree with Trump's rationale for your firing?
A) I don't disagree with Mr. Trump's decision to fire me, however I do wish he gave me a second chance. Mr. Trump's history is well-documented, and he is the master at finding loopholes and bending rules in order to get to the top. That's why he's found so much success in his lifetime. I don't think there's anything morally wrong with what I did. I also tried to find a loophole in order to gain a competitive advantage.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:40 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,503,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Where are all our Apprentice fans??????

I loved last night with Poppy's 'Ode to Kim Kardashian" in Dollar General style.
What WAS she thinking?

Glad it was Anand and not Clint who apparently really messed up. Compared to the fund raising bonanza of the Celebrity Apprentice though....I'm not sure if he got fired because he did it or fired because he lied about it. Good thing the guys were so far ahead in that particular challenge or they would have had to do a recall regarding the winning team and previous firings.
I was thinking the same thing. However, what he did was a violation of "The Apprentice" rules and DT probably would have had to get rid of him, anyway. What I'm also wondering is, who in the world gave DT a copy of that text??? Was it someone within "The Apprentice" "house? Or was it one of the people he texted to?

Old 11-13-2010, 11:46 AM

36,537 posts, read 16,118,422 times
That was the worst display I have ever seen. It looked like "Hello Kitty" gone wild! I couldn't believe that considering 3 women were doing it.

Anand was lacking class. I guess unless it is a task specifically designed to raise money, then he broke the rules and lied about it, I was shocked!

Old 11-13-2010, 01:04 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,557,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
That was the worst display I have ever seen. It looked like "Hello Kitty" gone wild! I couldn't believe that considering 3 women were doing it.
I agree but Lisa as usual appeared to keep her opinons to herself while the task was at hand and instead voiced her opinion in the boardroom.

The picture itself showed Kim K in a boa so maybe the women thought it would be appropriate to carry out the theme. But the men's display was really beautiful. I loved it.

Quote:
Anand was lacking class. I guess unless it is a task specifically designed to raise money, then he broke the rules and lied about it, I was shocked
Why is it the celebrities are allowed to call in their friends but the non-celebrities are not? Trump judges each by how much money they earn on this type of task.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:41 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,503,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
The picture itself showed Kim K in a boa so maybe the women thought it would be appropriate to carry out the theme. But the men's display was really beautiful. I loved it.
I'm thinking none of them had a clue about Kim K or anything about her and that's why they made that insane display.

Quote:
Why is it the celebrities are allowed to call in their friends but the non-celebrities are not? Trump judges each by how much money they earn on this type of task.
I totally agree!!! It CA, it seems more of a "who has more connections" game than who can work the task. In regular Apprentice, these people have to work their tails off just to bring in a couple of thousand.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:38 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,837,883 times
Very true. It is odd in Celebrity Apprentice they can reach out to friends. But with this regular Apprentice it isn't allowed.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:54 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,513,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Very true. It is odd in Celebrity Apprentice they can reach out to friends. But with this regular Apprentice it isn't allowed.
That's why Celebrity Apprentice is such a stupid concept, except for the charities it supports. So I guess I could say that from the viewer's point of view, at least, I think the concept is stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV