Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 03:01 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,471,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Did they skip over one of The Ten Commandments?
How much ya wanna bet that they both would claim this was before they were "saved."

Of course, as momof2dfw proved, that dog don't hunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 03:03 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,537,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Please read fully, I did not say she was an abused women, or that getting food and drinks was abusive, I said she reminds me "a bit" of some in certain ways that she acts. I was going to add a qualifier about how I don't actually think she is abused, but I figured readers could figure out subtlety, I guess not I'll go edit.
I just think that she is using him as much as he is using her.

She does what she does & plays it up for the camera b/c she gets something out of it. She likes the $$; she has said so. He is just gross & knows he keeps her w/ the $$. I thought the way he spoke to her in the jewelry store & the way he looked at her was very rude though, so I can see what you are
saying

This season is just irking my nerves for some reason & the editing has really made these women look superficial. I have to believe there are some qualities to them besides having sex in bathtubs & eating chips (how many mexican rest's have they been too so far this season?).

Old 03-23-2011, 03:16 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,221,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
I just think that she is using him as much as he is using her.

She does what she does & plays it up for the camera b/c she gets something out of it. She likes the $$; she has said so. He is just gross & knows he keeps her w/ the $$. I thought the way he spoke to her in the jewelry store & the way he looked at her was very rude though, so I can see what you are
saying

This season is just irking my nerves for some reason & the editing has really made these women look superficial. I have to believe there are some qualities to them besides having sex in bathtubs & eating chips (how many mexican rest's have they been too so far this season?).
I certainly agree that she is using him too, I just get the feeling she has gotten a bit lost within his controlling nature, AND her own lust for money/things which he uses along with certain religious interpretations to keep control over her. When she says everything is good in her household and she likes it, I don't believe her, her words don't match her eyes and face, that's mostly what I meant by reminding me a bit of abused women, they tend to have that some quality. Even if she is a goldigger, she is still the mother of his children and deserves some respect, he treats her like she has no value at all aside from being arm candy, and treating him like a king. My dad taught me to respect my mom, and never take her for granted. I worry what their kids are learning about relationships from them.

I'm sure these women must have some good qualities, I'm not sure what they are though I guess good qualities don't make good TV in the producers opinion.

Last edited by detshen; 03-23-2011 at 03:41 PM..

Old 03-24-2011, 10:15 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,762,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
while the bathtub scene was a bit explicit even for the low standards of all the Housewife shows; but it was less shocking -to me- as I'm simply mortified at the behavior of slimeball Jim toward his wife. THAT is more disgusting to me than Tamra's antics with her boyfriend. And who the hell cares what Simon thinks? He was dating,according to Tamra, before she began dating. But really that doesn't matter either. Simon is an azz. Tamra showed poor judgement allowing that scene to be filmed but I'm more ashamed of Alexis for allowing her husband to treat her more like hired help than a partner. He is the worse case of a male chauvanist pig that I have seen in many,many years.Even more inexcuseable is his hiding behind the bible and his so called Christianity in order to behave in such a way. I suspect his religious beliefs have little to do with his attitude toward Alexis. Alexis and Jim really,really disgust me on so many levels.
I agree with everything here 100%

I also think that Alexis is about to snap. She has plastered on that fake smile in her interviews and her comments are coming out of frustration with the way Slimeball treats her. Can't wait for that. I would have more respect for her if she didn't have any nannies. I just don't get the whole nanny thing anyway. I would KILL to be a stay at home mom, but I have to work full time. My husband is home during the days with my kids and then he drops them off to me at work, then he goes to work at night. I would never have a complete stranger raising my kids, or even watching them for that matter. If I was fortunate enough not to have to work, I would be the one with my kids, not a nanny. Having one is selfish, lazy and pretentious.

At least Tamra can say she didn't have a nanny.

Last edited by Flamingomo; 03-24-2011 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: eta

Old 03-24-2011, 10:56 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,415,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Certain Commandments don't apply to them silly

Besides, it's not even in the top 5
It's the old "eye for an eye" vs "turn the other cheek", you pick whatever justifies what you did or want to do.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:41 AM

3,834 posts, read 8,786,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
If I was fortunate enough not to have to work, I would be the one with my kids, not a nanny. Having one is selfish, lazy and pretentious.

At least Tamra can say she didn't have a nanny.
WHOA! Judgemental much? I know people who have to work and don't have the luxury of having it where the partners can switch off like you do.

To be honest when I read your comment about your husband dropping off your kids to you and heading to work, I wondered when you actually get to see each other. I think it's sad that it seems you aren't able to model a marriage to your children.

But that's a decision you made and apparently it works for you. Same with people who make the decision to have a nanny assist with their caregiving.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:43 AM

3,834 posts, read 8,786,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Oh, I agree, he doesn't look good on camera & his personality makes it much worse. I think the religion thing is a front.

I don't see any redeeming qualities in her, so they are a perfect match.

They both know what they are doing. He has money. She is arm candy.

I wonder what they all look like w/o the 15 lbs of makeup & jewelry on?

All the men on the OC are slimy. But the women are not that far behind, either.

Look at Scottie Pippen, whose wife is on the Miami Housewives. He's not even close to good looking.

Money can go very far for those who are desperately seeking it!
You think Don is slimy??

Old 03-24-2011, 12:10 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,762,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
WHOA! Judgemental much? I know people who have to work and don't have the luxury of having it where the partners can switch off like you do.

To be honest when I read your comment about your husband dropping off your kids to you and heading to work, I wondered when you actually get to see each other. I think it's sad that it seems you aren't able to model a marriage to your children.

But that's a decision you made and apparently it works for you. Same with people who make the decision to have a nanny assist with their caregiving.
Yes, its fine if she had to work and had a caregiver, but she doesn't, that is what I was saying. She is too busy going to the gym and out with her friends and primping herself while a nanny raises her children. Its pathetic and selfish. That nanny is even there when she is home and they take her on a "family" vacation? Absurd. I feel bad for those kids. I feel bad for all kids raised by nannies when its not necessary. She needs to take care of her own kids and so does her lazy pig of a husband.

Not that its any of your business, but my marriage is strong and I am extremely happy. Married 15+ years with three beautiful kids. Its not what we chose, we are working the same jobs as we did prior to our having children. Why change jobs because you have kids? Especially in this economy. I would much rather have my husband home raising my kids the way we choose to raise them, than some stranger I don't know or trust doing it their way. We see each other plenty (obviously since I have had three kids and four pregnancies) when he is done work and on the weekends. We spend every minute on the weekends with our children and we have alot of fun, quality time with them as a family. And guess what? When we go on vacation, no one else cares for our kids but us. Its a family vacation. We love being together.

So really, you need to step off your soapbox. You know nothing about my marriage and YOU are the one being judemental.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:14 PM

2,377 posts, read 4,345,914 times
I had a supervisor who had a nanny (or babysitter, which is really what they are) watch her child while she was at work. (He was too young for pre-school). We had about 2 weeks of snow days where we couldn't come into work and she stayed home with her son. This is a lady who dotes on her son and talks about him all the time, constantly. Anyway, she said as much as she loved her son, staying home with him all day for two weeks straight was driving her crazy and that she made the right decision to come to work full-time and have a nanny watch her son while she was working.

I don't think it's lazy or indulgent at all. What about the mother who has HER mother (the child's grandmother) watch her kids while she's working? Is that lazy or indulgent, too, if the mother is working because she WANTS to work and not because she has to?

I just think that certain mothers are jealous that other mothers don't have to work and want to attribute all these reasons as to why the mother is a "bad" mother to justify their jealousy of her. Just my .02.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:32 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,614,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I had a supervisor who had a nanny (or babysitter, which is really what they are) watch her child while she was at work. (He was too young for pre-school). We had about 2 weeks of snow days where we couldn't come into work and she stayed home with her son. This is a lady who dotes on her son and talks about him all the time, constantly. Anyway, she said as much as she loved her son, staying home with him all day for two weeks straight was driving her crazy and that she made the right decision to come to work full-time and have a nanny watch her son while she was working.

I don't think it's lazy or indulgent at all. What about the mother who has HER mother (the child's grandmother) watch her kids while she's working? Is that lazy or indulgent, too, if the mother is working because she WANTS to work and not because she has to?

I just think that certain mothers are jealous that other mothers don't have to work and want to attribute all these reasons as to why the mother is a "bad" mother to justify their jealousy of her. Just my .02.
I totally agree. And in the future when my SO and I have kids we plan to move near his parents or mine and have grandparents watch the kids while we both work. Why are women expected to drop their jobs when they have kids? I think being a stay at home mom and being a working mom are both fine things to do. Depends on what works for you. I do think that Alexis and Jim bringing the nanny on a family vacation is a bit much. And I think if you are a stay at home mom, you shouldn't need a nanny while you are home. I can understand having a babysitter now and then but Alexis overdoes it IMO. Then again I don't have kids so who knows how I'll feel when I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV