Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 07:10 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,758,001 times

Advertisements

Okay, haven't seen the show yet, but let me get this straight...Alexis has a meltdown at a dinner party because Jim is not there and is only five blocks away and says she doesn't know how to act without him (pulling her puppet strings), but she is fine going away to a different state and leaving him behind? But he's not there to tell her what to do? So how is Jesus Barbie even functioning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 09:24 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,604,392 times
If I were Peggy I would not hang out with Alexis anymore. It's like every single thing Peggy said Alexis had to one-up her. The "she has bigger lips than me" thing was just weird. It's like whenever Alexis feels remotely teased she throws Peggy under the bus. Obviously Alexis feels insecure because Peggy and Jim used to date. But she needs to get over it or they need to stop hanging out.

I thought it was funny how Gretchen called Alexis and Peggy shallow for their "the one" lists when just a few episodes back Gretchen couldn't stop telling Slade how fat he is. Also thought it was amusing that love didn't factor in at all - finding the one is as simple as meeting all the items on your criteria.

I do not feel bad for anyone in the whole Jeana, Tamra, Simon thing. They are all just out to make themselves look good, they are all smarmy. I don't believe anyone. I also thought Lauri's comments about Jeana on WWHL were funny. Especially with Jeana sitting right there! Awesome.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:21 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,170,052 times
OK I was gone after I posted about Vicki's white trash cooking methods -- what I MEANT was these women are SUPPOSED to be so upscale and all -- they take great pains to show how rich and 'classy' they are -- to me it seems they are revealed when grocery store wine is shown on Jenna's counter, whatshername from NJ throws 'cheese food' slices on her eggs, they can't pronounce common gourmet foods at a restaurant, and Vicki dumps A-1 in the crock pot.

Personally being from the South and white, many of us think it's fun to use the term 'white trash' - we don't take it that seriously--it's sort of poking fun at our backgrounds because everybody has some of that here and there!

Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,462,442 times
I don't like Tamra and have made no secret of it in my postings here, but in this case with Jeena, I'm on her side. Jeena should keep her nose out of this and certainly not be talking to the press about it. Tamra likes her drama, but Simon coming into her house and throwing that across the room was wrong. She sent him a message with getting the police involved. Now, she should just shut up about it. If Eddie pulled out any more cliches from the old romance novels, I was going to throw up. "I'm here for you babe", "You can lean on my shoulder", blah, blah. The guy looks like he is trying to audition for a role on a soap opera.

It was nice to see the 4 girls in Texas getting along so well. It really says something about the presence of Vicki and Tamra, doesn't it? I think Alexis, who got Peggy on the show, is now a bit jealous of how well Peggy is fitting in with the rest of the girls and is acting out like a 5 year old. Mind you, I was glad to see her let loose. I bet she was appalled the next day when she realized that she talked about her eating disorder on camera and also spoke the truth about her marriage with Jim. Those were two major slips from the image she is trying so hard to create. Her comments about Fernanda were said when she was sober and looked scripted for her "role" as the Christian Barbie. Personally? I don't really think she feels that way. It's just her "character" on the show.

Vicki continues to be just an awful person. Run, Don, run!!!!

Old 05-16-2011, 10:44 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyninfl View Post
ha Eddie will not be around to much longer
Oh, he will. It's called camera time. They all love it & no matter how much they let it destroy & consume their lives (b/c they start to think what is shown in 45 mins is actually "reality"), they want it & will look/act however to get it.

I only caught the first 20 mins last night & wanted to see Laurie on WWHL but did not.

All I can say is that Laurie left the show b/c of the personal issues in her family & how severe they were.

Some of the other ladies (Tamra, hint hint) should get a clue & instead of garbage dumping their issues on the world, get off the tv & get control of their lives instead of acting like victims for the sake of a paycheck.

You can see how Alexis is losing it due to the money issues in her life. Wah wah wah. Vicki (her bipolarism as a boss must be awful to deal with on a regular basis) & Alexis (sorry you signed the marriage certificate BEFORE the real estate bust!) are on my last nerve & partly why I don't necessarily care if I see the whole show right now.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Her comments about Fernanda were said when she was sober and looked scripted for her "role" as the Christian Barbie. Personally? I don't really think she feels that way. It's just her "character" on the show.
Alexis called in on WWHL and apologized for her comments - Andy said he was offended. She did sound as if she really felt bad about saying that. She said she thinks everyone should be able to do whatever they want and it's not for her to judge. I was pleasantly surprised.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:18 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,170,052 times
OH and before I forget, didn't Vicki try to order a California wine in Italy?

Old 05-16-2011, 02:28 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,090,460 times
I so would have made Jesus Barbie purchase me a new pecan pie for dessert. Just because the Devil is inside of you and MADE you eat more and more of it - don't spoil it by squirting ketchup all on it Oh Jesus, I have a craving for pecan pie now

I thought Tamra was going to cut Eddie while they were preparing dinner together. She gave the look of death to him

Old 05-16-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I so would have made Jesus Barbie purchase me a new pecan pie for dessert. Just because the Devil is inside of you and MADE you eat more and more of it - don't spoil it by squirting ketchup all on it Oh Jesus, I have a craving for pecan pie now
I would have too! I thought that was so rude! The pie was in front of Peggy and they were all sharing. She can squirt condiments on her own food but that is beyond rude when you're sharing. Especially when your friends don't have an eating disorder and would like to eat the rest of the pie or can control themselves not to eat it!!! I'm of the mentality that wasting food is wrong and I would have been pissed if one of my friends did that.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:07 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Jeanna needs to mind her own business. Who cares what she thinks. If I were Tamra I would have told her exactly that. MYOB.

Mind you, I dont really like Tamra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV